Supposedly "NEW" Standard
1178 9 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse6012a8d
New

United States

I'm an idiot and should have know better. I missed the Cyber Monday sale when the 3 Standard was $399. They jumped the price back up to $499 so I bought a supposedly "NEW" one on EBAY for a little over $400. Upon arrival I noticed that the box had been previously opened, the top cardboard protector was missing and you could see where the motors had hit the box multiple times during shipping. I did get a $75 refund but I just took it out and the SD card is missing. Is there anything special I should check for before trying to fly this? This is my Quad Copter so I don't have a clue. Thanks
2016-12-14
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

You can check on how many times the battery was charged within the Go app. After installing the app on your device and powering up all the equipment, load the Go app and find the battery info area. Now remember you might have charged it once and it might had one charge at the plant, so there's going to be at least two charges listed. Any more than that was the guy you got it from more than likely.
2016-12-14
Use props
fanse6012a8d
New

United States

Thank you, I will look at that. I'm just charging everything now
2016-12-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

Go back in your web history and check the site listing fully. If the listing says New in Box and no other comments such as marks / signs if opening etc. You have right to full inventory or refund.

If you have accepted the $75 - then you have accepted the goods fully.

All you can do now is download the full manuals from DJI site .... read up all and check out the gear section by section.

For SD card - get the fastest you can and as much memory size as your wallet can pay ! 8gb soon fills up !!

Nigel
2016-12-14
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

fanse6012a8d Posted at 2016-12-14 21:56

There is also a way to download flight data from the drone via a USB cable and using a web site to upload that data. The missing SD card has nothing to do with this data I'm talking about, it's in another SD card that's internal. If your concerned about it's flight hist. But the bottom line is if everything works and your happy (no issues) a few flights he might had made is not a big issue, just means he lied.
2016-12-14
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

I picked up a 32Gb SanDisk Ultra Micro SD card off Amazon for $11.00 (looks like it's now down to about $10). What I'm finding with my P3S is that around 18 minutes of video will take up a bit over 3Gb of memory on your SD card. Here's a link to the SD card I picked up as an alternate to the 8Gb that was included with my Phantom:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope your Phantom is okay, and that you end up having as much (or even more) fun with it as I'm having with mine!
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fanse6012a8d Posted at 2016-12-15 10:56

Everyone who's posted thus far brought up some great starting points. Best of luck to you and happy flying!
2016-12-14
Use props
fanse6012a8d
New

United States

Hoomi Posted at 2016-12-15 00:14
I picked up a 32Gb SanDisk Ultra Micro SD card off Amazon for $11.00 (looks like it's now down to about $10). What I'm finding with my P3S is that around 18 minutes of video will take up a bit over 3Gb of memory on your SD card. Here's a link to the SD card I picked up as an alternate to the 8Gb that was included with my Phantom:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q57T02/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you. I ended up getting a SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO. I'm planning on shooting a lot of video
2016-12-15
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

Hoomi Posted at 2016-12-15 00:14

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q57T02/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And you actually that the 32 gb SanDisk Ultra Micro SD card to work?

Even though the drone comes with a 8gb version of this SD, I and many others have never been able to get the 16gb-32gb version to work within the drone.
2016-12-15
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

Worked just fine. The first video I posted a few days ago, of my 4th flight, recorded onto the 32Gb SD card. I recorded the entire flight, and then edited down for the YouTube video length.

Even then, if the 32Gb card had not worked for the P3S, I would have just used it for one of my other digital cameras. At $11 for 32Gb, I figured I couldn't go wrong.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules