[Misleading Title] What good is DJI Care? Don't waste your money!!!
1445 11 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc385a5b1
lvl.1

United States

Sent my Mavic in to support with DJI Care Refresh purchased for it.  DJI  will not cover anything toward the repairs?  What is the point of this  warranty???  They want to charge me $130 in labor to change out $24 in  parts including 4 propellers @$9 a pair.  Don't you think 2 hours at  $65/hr is a bit steep for swapping propellers?

It said that it's user error and will not be covered  "Non-warranty per  flight data analysis: Unit made hard impact with ground caused by user  input. Full stick commanding the unit into the ground on landing,  causing the crash. no warranty"  Apparently 16-18" off the ground and  pressing the stick down to land is the wrong thing to do?  I've never  had this issue with my Phantom 4.  It went down hard enough to bounce  back up and fly off into a nearby wall.   

This occurred while noticing throughout my maiden 5 minute flight that  it was constantly in and out of GPS and Atti modes. (The new firmware to  fix this issue was released 3 days later)  

Date : 2016.12.06
Firmware : v01.03.0000
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.0
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.0  

Improvements:  
1. Optimized the compass algorithm to reduce switching from GPS Mode to ATTI Mode.

Firmware was up to date, had just calibrated the controller, Compasses  and IMU.  Very disappointed that after over a 2 month wait, the Mavic  took it upon itself to slam into the ground when landing.  What good is  purchasing DJI Care when the company can't stand behind its own product?
2016-12-14
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

I thought DJI refresh covers user error anyways...? (Not saying it was user error... Not sure how else you can land without full stick down....
2016-12-14
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Care refresh covers accidental ... it sounds like your claim isn't using the care refresh
2016-12-14
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
United Kingdom

79 bucks should be your fee if you indicate that you want to use refresh ... if you want to claim that it's a firmware issue .. it looks like they are saying user error caused the crash ... but either way, you'd be better indicating that you want to use your care refresh.

Vps sensors should stop you landing, but I'm guessing you came down for landing faster than the sensors can detect ... hence the claim being denied
2016-12-14
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The gps to atti issue would drop the mavic height I'm afraid ... it would just make it wander at the same height (bad enough I guess) but the hard landing (sorry to say) sounds like your fault ..... anyway, use the 79 dollar refresh fee
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties. Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it.
As for the DJI care refresh, if you don't want to pay for the repair, you could requet a replacement.

2016-12-14
Use props
fansc385a5b1
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-14 22:21
I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties. Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it.
As for the DJI care refresh, if you don't want to pay for the repair, you could requet a replacement.

Just got off of Chat with support and they said that there was no agreement number attached to the case.  This has been updated.  It's concerning that this wasn't brought to my attention in the half hour conversation I had on the phone with DJI Care disputing the invoice...  
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansc385a5b1 Posted at 2016-12-15 11:50
Just got off of Chat with support and they said that there was no agreement number attached to the case.  This has been updated.  It's concerning that this wasn't brought to my attention in the half hour conversation I had on the phone with DJI Care disputing the invoice...

I can check your case number via your forum email.
And we will help to review your data.
If I get any update, I'll let you know.
2016-12-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-14 21:17
The gps to atti issue would drop the mavic height I'm afraid ... it would just make it wander at the same height (bad enough I guess) but the hard landing (sorry to say) sounds like your fault ..... anyway, use the 79 dollar refresh fee

Hold on, how can you cause a hard landing with the Mavic?  I didn't think this was possible?  Do you just descend at a high speed so that the VPS kicks in too late?  Unsure of how this is possible...
2016-12-15
Use props
fansc385a5b1
lvl.1

United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-15 10:51
Hold on, how can you cause a hard landing with the Mavic?  I didn't think this was possible?  Do you just descend at a high speed so that the VPS kicks in too late?  Unsure of how this is possible...

Thing is, I was only 18 inches off the ground at most.
2016-12-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

fansc385a5b1 Posted at 2016-12-15 15:44
Thing is, I was only 18 inches off the ground at most.

That blows.  I would be very annoyed if that happened (after I got over the shock)...
2016-12-15
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

You haven't mentioned the circumstances of the flight. Things that could allow this to happen could be that the VPS was turned off, or there was insufficient light for the VPS to work. Without knowing the circumstances of your crash it's hard to offer you an opinion why it happened, but the flight data would give you the answer.

Edit
As I understand the care refresh cover, you have three possible options:
1. Try for a warranty claim if you think the drone was faulty.
2. Pay for the repair so any claims in the future won't affect your care refresh cover.
3. Apply for care refresh to cover the crash.

You can make up to three (I think) claims on your care refresh policy, but the excess goes up each time you make a claim. See the policy documents for what those costs are.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules