Phone Holder & Hood?
1413 9 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, anyone know if there's a good phone holder that can hold a Hood for the P3 Standard?

I've looked at the associated accessories but it seems the Hood on DJI's store is only compatiple with the P3 Advanced and Pro? So I'm guessing I have to buy a new clamp? or a new remote?

Any help please, DJI chat is down so hoping someone on here will know?

Thanks in advance!

2016-12-15
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

I think with the plethora of posts on here about the phone holder on the standard controller DJI would have addressed it by now. At best it is pitifully inadequate, even if it was the plastic one like the 3 adv/pro it would be a drastic improvement. I can't remember seeing a youtube video of anyone with a standard still having the supplied holder over a 'modded' Inspire tablet holder. The price difference must be £10 -£15 retail at best.
In answer to your question, no I haven't seen any. I did make my own hood from white coroplast that I then spray painted the inside with black plastidip.
2016-12-15
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

try the holder for p2 its same as p3s but metal arm for hood just look on ebay. you can us p3adv/pro holder but i then a hole in the rc
2016-12-15
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

Use the one for the Inspire 1.
Easy to install and much more stable.

Regards.
holder1.jpg
holder2.jpg
2016-12-15
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Here's mine, will upload a pic with hood later.
IMAG00681 - Copy.jpg
2016-12-15
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

I picked up a a little piece that attaches to the lanyard clip and allows for a tablet holder. Below are the links for the piece, the holder (called square jellyfish) and a youtube video on how to attach the piece to the lanyard holder. It works very well, and I'm using the Hoodman Aviator sunshield, which is not lightweight (but it's really effective, link also inlcluded)

Here's the piece that attaches to the lanyard holder...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and you're gonna wanna watch this video which are the assembly instructions.....

The tablet holder is called Square Jellyfish.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And, the Hoodman Aviator sunshield - not cheap, but worth it in my opinion

https://hoodmanusa.com/cgi/comme ... n&category=0030
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are tons of them on Ebay.
If you modify your RC to hold the mount in the above posts, your RC warranty will be voided.
If you've had the Standard for a long time and it's out of warranty, you can search here as several people have done the modification and posted step by step instructions.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kenwae Posted at 2016-12-15 13:44
I picked up a a little piece that attaches to the lanyard clip and allows for a tablet holder. Below are the links for the piece, the holder (called square jellyfish) and a youtube video on how to attach the piece to the lanyard holder. It works very well, and I'm using the Hoodman Aviator sunshield, which is not lightweight (but it's really effective, link also inlcluded)

Here's the piece that attaches to the lanyard holder...

The Hoodman seems to be the best, I've been wanting to try it for a while.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I agree with Ken, any device holders that require drilling into the RC will void the warranty. There are a bunch of device holders for that can do the same thing that clamp or pop on to the metal bracket in the back. The 3rd party ones for the P2 RC would work for the P3S RC as well and it will ensure that the warranty stays in tact in case you ever need service in the future.
2016-12-15
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

I made a hood for my smartphone using corrugated black plastic, a little Velcro, and some black felt.

I also bought the upgrade phone holder off Amazon, that uses a metal arm instead of the OEM plastic one. It's a bit sturdier than the stock holder. Some people use both the stock and one of these aftermarket holders, but the problem I ran into is that my phone's power button is on the side, right about where one of the clamps presses if I use both.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules