Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ellandro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62323 ft
Belgium

Hi guys

Just got my P4p+ in.
I know with previous phantoms you should not charge a battery and the controller at the same time.
This was clearly stated in the manual.
However I dont see that in the new manual, so is it still an issue or can we now charge simultaniously?

Thank you guys for your answers

Safe flight
2016-12-15
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

I would advise against it, because you are essentially splitting power (<15.2v) to charge both of them at the same time.
So if you are not in a Rush, don't do it.
2016-12-15
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

The manual does not state you cant do it, just that doing so will prolong the charging time.
2016-12-15
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

The manual discourages you from doing it, they don't give you at reason why or tell you what could happen if you do. I know its annoying. You cant get a straight answer from them for anything half the time.
2016-12-15
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

I'm not finding the simultaneous charging material in the manual. Can anyone provide a page number?
2016-12-15
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I charge both at the same time.  I've done that on my Inspire as well.  8 batteries total randomly charged with transmitters.  No problems ever.  I don't know why it would be an issue, it just makes it take longer to charge.
2016-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They say it's ok to do it on the Mavic..
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi ellandro, it's recommended that you only charge one item at a time instead of charging both items using the same charger at the same time.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-16 03:42
They say it's ok to do it on the Mavic..

Correct, for Mavic, it can charge a battery and two other devices simultaneously via USB. However, it will take longer to fully charge the devices.
2016-12-16
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-16 03:50
Hi ellandro, it's recommended that you only charge one item at a time instead of charging both items using the same charger at the same time.

why is it recommended, what can happen if you charge both at the same time
2016-12-16
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

And if the intention to have them charged separately why would they make the charger capable of charging both at the same time? Why not have a separate charger?
2016-12-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

timbo Posted at 2016-12-17 13:58
why is it recommended, what can happen if you charge both at the same time

Because you risk overloading the power supply, it is not designed to take the load of a flight battery and the controller at the same time.
2016-12-16
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-16 23:37
Because you risk overloading the power supply, it is not designed to take the load of a flight battery and the controller at the same time.

That would make sense, but why don't they tell us that. They always seem to side step when asked real questions. Its like they don't want to admit it will overload the power supply.
2016-12-17
Use props
JMcDonald84
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone tried the THOR Charger from Drone-World....? Looks like a pretty solid setup that can handle multiple batteries and a controller.
2016-12-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

To make my flight kit complete, I made the charging process simple for my four intelligent flight battery packs and RC charging.
I bought a second 100w charger, and now it takes half the time to charge four packs, and it's easy to keep the RC charged too. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JMcDonald84 Posted at 2016-12-18 03:39
Has anyone tried the THOR Charger from Drone-World....? Looks like a pretty solid setup that can handle multiple batteries and a controller.

I would not touch the thing, they make all sorts of outrageous claims, and judging by the experience of those who have bought them, and reported back on here, it does not live up to the claims.
2016-12-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Certainly not cheap in price or quality., but www.smartpowercharge.com has some of the most useful, unique intelligent flight battery charging systems.
Compare the SmartPowerCharge to the DJI HUB
image.jpeg

The SPC P4 is a high quality charger capable of charging or deep cycling 4 DJI Smart Batteries simultaneously, 2 USB devices such as your iPhone, iPads, Androids or any other USB device and 2 DJI remote controls (via 2 charging ports on the end of device), all at the same time.

When using the optional Osmo P4 battery cable from DJI, you can charge my 6 x Phantom 4 batteries simultaneously on the SPCP4 by using the two RC ports.�

Unique to the SPC P4 is the deep cycle function. This is an important feature to ensure the optimum health for the DJI's smart battery. Deep cycle should be done every 10 cycles as per DJI's recommendation. You can even DEEP CYCLE selected batteries while charging others. To activate deep cycle mode - fly your battery to 25% or less, turn ON your battery, insert into a slot, press the red cycling button, you are done. The discharge is set to 8%. After the battery reaches 8%, the system will automatically charge the battery to full capacity.

Storage mode is included to allow easy and simple charge or discharge to storage level.� Regardless of you battery's level and percentage, simply press and hold the red button on the bay for 5 secs until it start to flash. Turn on your battery, insert into the activated port and the SPCP4 will either charge or discharge your battery to storage level.

The SPC P4 charger is FirmWare updatable to keep abreast with DJI's battery FW. Simply use the indicated USB port for future FW updates.

Made to strict FCC and CE standards, the SPC P4 is build to last the life of your Phantom 4 and to provide many years of trouble free service.

smart powercharge SPC P4 is a professional charging station for DJI P4 batteries. Based on the best selling SPC 4500 inspire 1 charger which took 5 months from design to production, no compromised was accepted during the design or manufacturing process. The objective was to create the ultimate power charging station in term of functions and quality. Only quality components were sourced and used in the production. Think of the SPC P4 as 8 individual chargers fused into a compact form. Yes 8 chargers and it has the following features:

1. Charge 4 Batteries Simultaneously (Up to 6 when used with the DJI i1 RC Cable) 2. Charge 2 REMOTE CONTROLS at same time with batteries.
3. Charge 2 USB devices such as your iPAD or iPhone, Go Pro etc or both with batteries and remotes all simultaneously. (8 devices charging at the same time) 4. Deep cycle and condition your batteries according to DJI recommendation 5. Auto charge your batteries after DEEP CYCLE MODE.
6. Charge and discharge to STORAGE MODE
7. FIRMWARE Upgradable

For a complete HOW TO, CLICK HERE!

1. Charge 4 Batteries Simultaneously (Up to 6 with DJI Cable)
2. Charge 2 REMOTE CONTROLS at same time with batteries
3. Charge 2 USB devices such as your iPAD or iPhone or both with batteries and remotes all simultaneously. (8 devices charging at the same time)
4. Deep cycle and condition your batteries according to DJI recommendation
5. Auto charge your batteries after DEEP CYCLE MODE.
6. FIRMWARE Upgradable

Price499.95

RedHotPoker
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules