Shipping! More than two months! Months! Both Amazon UK & DJI Webs...
2059 30 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reyz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I placed my order at DJI Website 12 October. And I got the shipping No. last morning. Now it's on the way to London. This morning, I was so surprised that my order placed on amazon uk is dispatching (clearly plan B), which ordered at 24 October. They both show EST by tomorrow 9 PM.
So now I will have two mavic combos. If any one in London would like to buy the spare one, Please contact me. Otherwise I have to return the one to Amazon. .
Finger crossed!Bad new:
I have to return my amazon order because I received a Phantom 3 Standard instead of mavic pro!
I totally don't know what amazon uk is doing.
2016-12-15
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United States

Hey Reyz - I've just rec'd a notification that money been taken from my card and Amazon UK now shows preparing for dispatch. Waiting for tracking information but hope to be here tomorrow! I want to see the weight so that I know the Mavic and Fly more are included as I am reading horror stories on here that one is shipped without the other. I'm Farnborough, Hampshire BTW.
2016-12-15
Use props
Reyz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-15 13:46
Hey Reyz - I've just rec'd a notification that money been taken from my card and Amazon UK now shows preparing for dispatch. Waiting for tracking information but hope to be here tomorrow! I want to see the weight so that I know the Mavic and Fly more are included as I am reading horror stories on here that one is shipped without the other. I'm Farnborough, Hampshire BTW.

Hi Pjnorris. I didn't get the weight from neither Amazon (by Royalmail) nor DJI Order (DHL) by now. However when I click to return my Amazon order,  I saw the return label shows its 3.7kg. I believe we are the same batch from Amazon U.K.
2016-12-15
Use props
edali
lvl.2
Flight distance : 906591 ft
United Kingdom

I ordered a combo from Amazon UK two days after you - yesterday they told me to expect it on 25th January - you've given me hope that's not true!
2016-12-15
Use props
Reyz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

edali Posted at 2016-12-15 14:48
I ordered a combo from Amazon UK two days after you - yesterday they told me to expect it on 25th January - you've given me hope that's not true!

Actually I didn't receive any email from Amazon U.K. since they said no EST time of this order. They just suddenly dispatched this morning. Hope Amazon ship your mavic as soon as possible.
2016-12-15
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hmmm. I ordered before the 24th and have had no word yet. Did you get the Fly More?

I assume you are selling your spare for the face value and this isn't just another 'oops, I completely forgot I had ordered two mavics and am doing someone a favour by selling at an inflated price' thread ? Not having a go at you, just that I've seen a bunch of threads that are similar and to my suspicious eye it looks like a bunch of people ordered two in order to sell one of them at a profit.
2016-12-15
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PJNorris, which bundle did you order and when? Thanks!
2016-12-15
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Actually, my bundle is dispatching now too, but the delivery date is still pending weirdly. I have been charged for it, but I'll wait to hear more as I had a Seagate 2tb SSHD that said the same and I've yet to hear anything
2016-12-15
Use props
Reyz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-15 15:07
Hmmm. I ordered before the 24th and have had no word yet. Did you get the Fly More?

I assume you are selling your spare for the face value and this isn't just another 'oops, I completely forgot I had ordered two mavics and am doing someone a favour by selling at an inflated price' thread ?  Not having a go at you, just that I've seen a bunch of threads that are similar and to my suspicious eye it looks like a bunch of people ordered two in order to sell one of them at a profit.

You ordered it before the 24th by Amazon uk? The reason I bought the spare one from amazon uk because the order page at that time showed 'Estimated arrival date: November 16 2016' . I need the mavic for my Iceland trip at 21st Dec. Then I just totally forgot I ordered it until this morning, my iphone notification.  
2016-12-15
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United States

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-15 07:08
PJNorris, which bundle did you order and when? Thanks!

Mavic with Fly More - Amazon UK on 19th October... two packages should ship... hopefully!
2016-12-15
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reyz Posted at 2016-12-15 15:32
You ordered it before the 24th by Amazon uk? The reason I bought the spare one from amazon uk because the order page at that time showed 'Estimated arrival date: November 16 2016' . I need the mavic for my Iceland trip at 21st Dec. Then I just totally forgot I ordered it until this morning, my iphone notification.

Yeah, before the 24th of October.

I'm sure some London person would be delighted to take it off your hands.
EDIT: Just had shipping confirmation. Apparently it won't arrive until January 4th. I'm not entirely sure whether that is correct as it is currently in Scotland, and I'm sure it won't take 2 weeks to come to London, unless they are flying it down....

2016-12-15
Use props
Jayno
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205394 ft
United Kingdom

Reyz Posted at 2016-12-15 13:53
Hi Pjnorris. I didn't get the weight from neither Amazon (by Royalmail) nor DJI Order (DHL) by now. However when I click to return my Amazon order,  I saw the return label shows its 3.7kg. I believe we are the same batch from Amazon U.K.

I may be interested! Is it done only?
2016-12-16
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Anyone care to update on whether they have received their Amazon UK order, and what they received? I have just received my shipping email from Amazon to arrive by Royal Mail tomorrow (Saturday 17th). I can see no weight of the package, so who knows if it's the drone, fly safe, or both! Here's hoping!
2016-12-16
Use props
Reyz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-16 15:58
Anyone care to update on whether they have received their Amazon UK order, and what they received? I have just received my shipping email from Amazon to arrive by Royal Mail tomorrow (Saturday 17th). I can see no weight of the package, so who knows if it's the drone, fly safe, or both! Here's hoping!

I just got a bad news. I received a Phantom 3 Standard instead of a Mavic Pro Fly More Combo. and Amazon won't be able to replace it because they are totally out of stock. Hoping yours won't have the same issue.
2016-12-16
Use props
Reyz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Jayno Posted at 2016-12-16 13:05
I may be interested! Is it done only?

sorry mate, I just received it. Amazon sent the wrong item. they sent a phantom 3 standard instead of mavic fly more combo.
2016-12-16
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reyz Posted at 2016-12-16 16:29
sorry mate, I just received it. Amazon sent the wrong item. they sent a phantom 3 standard instead of mavic fly more combo.

You have got to be kidding me! OMG. I think there are weird things going on at Amazon Dunfermline at the moment.

People receiving empty boxes, drone only, fly more package only,  wrong drone.....
2016-12-16
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-15 23:07

I assume you are selling your spare for the face value and this isn't just another 'oops, I completely forgot I had ordered two mavics and am doing someone a favour by selling at an inflated price' thread ?  Not having a go at you, just that I've seen a bunch of threads that are similar and to my suspicious eye it looks like a bunch of people ordered two in order to sell one of them at a profit.

There are definilty those "opportunists" out there looking to make some money but there are also a lot folks (myself included) that placed multiple orders to try and get one sooner than just waiting on one retailer or direct from DJI. I ordered my first one direct from DJI on 11/25 and don't expect to see that order until late January based on the 6-8 week estimate from DJI. I then heard of people ordering from NewEgg and getting them in 3-4 weeks. So I placed a second order with NewEgg on 12/05 and at the time of order their website said it would ship out on 1/01. So which ever ships first, I will cancel the other order. If they somehow ship at the same time and I can't cancel, I will have to either do a return or resell the second unit as my wife would shoot me if I kept them both.....So even though I didn't order multiple units in an attempt to resell for a profit, it I end up with a second one and the demand on eBay is still what it is, sure, I have no problem taking someone elses money if they are willing to pay a premium to not have to wait.
2016-12-16
Use props
Jayno
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205394 ft
United Kingdom

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-16 17:07
There are definilty those "opportunists" out there looking to make some money but there are also a lot folks (myself included) that placed multiple orders to try and get one sooner than just waiting on one retailer or direct from DJI. I ordered my first one direct from DJI on 11/25 and don't expect to see that order until late January based on the 6-8 week estimate from DJI. I then heard of people ordering from NewEgg and getting them in 3-4 weeks. So I placed a second order with NewEgg on 12/05 and at the time of order their website said it would ship out on 1/01. So which ever ships first, I will cancel the other order. If they somehow ship at the same time and I can't cancel, I will have to either do a return or resell the second unit as my wife would shoot me if I kept them both.....So even though I didn't order multiple units in an attempt to resell for a profit, it I end up with a second one and the demand on eBay is still what it is, sure, I have no problem taking someone elses money if they are willing to pay a premium to not have to wait.

Do we think amazon are sending out the wrong orders deliberately, for the orders they can't fulfill?  I see the option, when you get the wrong thing,  is to take the wrong item, take a partial refund or cancel your order.  The option never seems to be return the wrong item and wait for the correct item!

Gets some problem orders off of their books.
2016-12-16
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I would hope that a company like Amazon would not have such manipulative intentions. I think it is a case of them having some very unskilled people in their warehouse not paying attention due to the amount of orders they are getting over the holidays and simply shipped the wrong item. That doesn't answer why something would be missing though...
2016-12-16
Use props
philjory
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-16 21:21
I would hope that a company like Amazon would not have such manipulative intentions. I think it is a case of them having some very unskilled people in their warehouse not paying attention due to the amount of orders they are getting over the holidays and simply shipped the wrong item. That doesn't answer why something would be missing though...

I received my order of Fly more combo Yesterday 16th Dec from Amazon UK via Royal Mail, when it arrived it was a Phantom 3 Standard. Amazon have offered me a Refund only and that will be 5-7 days after they have received back the Phantom 3 and they say it will take another 5-7 days for my Bank to process the refund
2016-12-16
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

philjory Posted at 2016-12-17 05:45
I received my order of Fly more combo Yesterday 16th Dec from Amazon UK via Royal Mail, when it arrived it was a Phantom 3 Standard. Amazon have offered me a Refund only and that will be 5-7 days after they have received back the Phantom 3 and they say it will take another 5-7 days for my Bank to process the refund

Royal mail deliverd. My heart skipped a beat.

It's a PHANTOM 3 Standard as well. WTF Amazon!!?!?!?!?!?!?

2016-12-17
Use props
qwRad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26713 ft
Finland

Well this is disheartening. My Fly More Combo (ordered OCT 10) was shipped to Finland from Amazon UK last Monday but freaking UPS has dropped the ball as usual and routed the package to a wrong place so I will get it on Monday instead of yesterday :/ I'll report back what is actually inside. I'm thinking (hoping) it will be the drone only since the weigh on UPS tracking shows 1.6kg (although that is the weight listed for the whole combo on Amazon UK Mavic combo details..)
2016-12-17
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-17 09:20
Royal mail deliverd. My heart skipped a beat.

It's a PHANTOM 3 Standard as well. WTF Amazon!!?!?!?!?!?!?

I spoke to Amazon. Very apologetic. Can only process the return and refund me. I said I want this escalated and investigated. She completed a form with me on the phone and forwarded to internal team to investigate. I stated that others have had the same drone shipped and this is NOT an accident.

You are right - they have removed their problem order from the system now. No come back on them. I am going to write to Watchdog and report this. Someone internally has made this decision. What good of it will come - who knows. I'm drone-less, unhappy, and back at the bottom of the queue to get a new one. What do I do!?
2016-12-17
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Reyz Posted at 2016-12-16 16:12
I just got a bad news. I received a Phantom 3 Standard instead of a Mavic Pro Fly More Combo. and Amazon won't be able to replace it because they are totally out of stock. Hoping yours won't have the same issue.

Yup got the phamton 3 standard too. I'm off Amazon books now - I have to return and refund and nothing more they can do. I have ordered on DJI now and paid more... :-(
2016-12-17
Use props
Reyz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-17 10:18
Yup got the phamton 3 standard too. I'm off Amazon books now - I have to return and refund and nothing more they can do. I have ordered on DJI now and paid more... :-(

Amazon even return my money in advance before I return the Phantom 3 back
I don't know what would they do normally, but it's made me feel not that bad.
2016-12-17
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have no idea why they can't create another order for us and put us at the top of the list. Surely the drones we ordered are either in the system or yet to arrive.

PJNorris, did you speak to someone offshorenor in the U.K.? I wanted to escalate the issue but couldn't get very far.
2016-12-17
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Offshore by sounds of thing. I too got credit notice before returning P3 to them.

I intend to write this up and send it to technology blogs like Engadget and iMore. They love naming the wrongs. I will also send a letter to Amazon. I am very angry this has been allowed to happen.
2016-12-17
Use props
dbgrn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661791 ft
United Kingdom

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-17 09:49
I spoke to Amazon. Very apologetic. Can only process the return and refund me. I said I want this escalated and investigated. She completed a form with me on the phone and forwarded to internal team to investigate. I stated that others have had the same drone shipped and this is NOT an accident.

You are right - they have removed their problem order from the system now. No come back on them. I am going to write to Watchdog and report this. Someone internally has made this decision. What good of it will come - who knows. I'm drone-less, unhappy, and back at the bottom of the queue to get a new one. What do I do!?

What a terrible experience, but thank you for escalating the issue once it had happened. Let's hope this means that Amazon UK learn from your experience and do something to prevent it from happening again (and even better if they could do something to make it right for you too).

I have a Mavic Pro on order with both Amazon UK and Apple, just in case one of them could supply it more quickly than the other (and I didn't want to pay for it weeks/months before it shipped).

Thanks again, and I hope you manage to get a Mavic soon somehow too.
2016-12-17
Use props
philjory
lvl.3
United Kingdom

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-17 09:49

That's the same as they said to me except that because DJI have increased the price this is the only way they can pass the price rise on to the customer by getting them to re-order
No one as yet have said that they have received a Phantom 4 pro or an inspire instead of their Mavic
2016-12-17
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So that's three of us on here at least who received the phantom 3. I wonder how many others throughout the UK have experienced the same in the last few days.

I can't for the life of me think why they can't just open the order and make a new one for us despite the item being 'currently unavailable'. Bizarre.
2016-12-18
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-18 09:24
So that's three of us on here at least who received the phantom 3. I wonder how many others throughout the UK have experienced the same in the last few days.

I can't for the life of me think why they can't just open the order and make a new one for us despite the item being 'currently unavailable'. Bizarre.

its a total joke what amazon have done here, twice i have received a drone less package with just the fly more bundle, first time just the bundle without the bag, the second time the combo package and the bag no drone! they refunded me straight away and i got to keep the combo package but without the drone no point so on the bright side i get to sell the combo pack but i just want the mavic pro when you have been waiting over 2 months, i should of ordered with jessops! been with amazon since 2004 and this is my first major issue has left a very sour taste in my mouth! hopefully you will sort this out too!
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules