Massive price increase for TB47/48
4248 14 2015-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christian
lvl.2

Germany

The Price for the actual TB47 Batteries was increased up to 33%.Yesterday it was 150 Euro, now it´s 199 Euro.

Also the price for the TB48 increased by 24%. It was 185 Euro, now it´s 229 Euro.
The prices for the INSPIRE 1 have also changed a lot. What´s going on, this increase is massive?
Could anyone check if this happend outside europe as well.

Happy, that i have ordered 2 more batteries before the increase...
Cheers, Christian

2015-2-12
Use props
pauldean85.goog
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Same here for the batteries in UK Pounds.

Up £25 for the TB47 and up £50 for the TB48.

Any explanation available for the price hike?
2015-2-12
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

Wow yeah.  The increase looks roughly equivalent to VAT.....

I still had the page open from this morning, so I took a screen shot:

Then here it is now this afternoon:

2015-2-12
Use props
christian
lvl.2

Germany

WOW, also the INSPIRE 1 increases about 350 Euro.
2015-2-12
Use props
iain.simpson.me
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Goodness...

1 x INSPIRE
2 x RC UNITS
6 x BATTERIES

ALL purchased before the price hike
2015-2-12
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id=7494&lang=en

Just like I mentioned in the thread above...I knew it would but....Where is the justification in such price hikes?
2015-2-12
Use props
rinkydink
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93737 ft
United Kingdom

Prices of the Inspire are still the same i see in the UK?
2015-2-12
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Well if that's true I sure am glad I already bought 7 additional batteries that are sitting at house already

Mike
2015-2-12
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

Supply and demand
2015-2-12
Use props
rinkydink
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93737 ft
United Kingdom

I've contacted a few Uk suppliers and they know nothing of a UK price increase of the Inspire. So thats good!
2015-2-12
Use props
jaanus
lvl.2

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-2-12 21:08
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7494&lang=en

Just like I mentioned in the thread  ...

My guess as for justification is that DJI sold as DDP (delivered, duty paid) and they didn't really account for VAT which in my case was 25% (Sweden) when they did original pricing
2015-2-12
Use props
richard.oceandi
lvl.2

Egypt

jaanus Posted at 2015-2-12 22:16
My guess as for justification is that DJI sold as DDP (delivered, duty paid) and they didn't reall ...

Yes, its must be that they changed their delivery policy for the EU to DDP which is must better than to have to pay it later. Just make sure that the custom forms states that DDP is paid or you have to pay it twice!
3.        Will my parcel be charged customs and import charges?

You don't need to pay any VAT or duty tax. However, some local shipping agents may try to charge you for this. If you encounter this situation, please DO NOT pay them, and contact our online sales support at [url=mailtonlinesales@dji.com]onlinesales@dji.com[/url]. We will follow up to you.

2015-2-12
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just checked the prices in the U.S. at B&H Photo and nothing has changed on the prices of the Batteries and the Inspire.
2015-2-12
Use props
gdehandtschutte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

The reason why the Inspire, the Phantom etc. are up in price is this : thusfar the EU charged the same tax on these products as they did on toys. But from now on, since the multicopters have cameras mounted on them the are considered as camera's with extra's. Hence the extra taxes. About 18%.
2015-2-12
Use props
pablomedrano.ma
lvl.1

Spain

gdehandtschutte Posted at 2015-2-13 05:57
The reason why the Inspire, the Phantom etc. are up in price is this : thusfar the EU charged the sa ...

I don't agree, because the batteries has a increment of prices and it's not a camera.
About the other reason: vat is charged in the delivery: it's seems a reasonable cause of the price increment, but why is not applied in the charger and or the transmitter?
I accept the increment of price if the cause is the application of Vat in the order (and it's no necessary to pay it in the customs), but I don't agree why all the European shops (at least all Spanish shops) follow the same price politics, in two days they incremented all prices according the DJI shop.
So the probably cause is simple: DJI give very limited benefits to sellers (they have a strict sale politic, a bit hard), with this new prices, DJI are giving a bit more % to sellers and distributors.
The problem: buyers will pay the crash plates...
2015-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules