Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic got 6 fly history in list, why?
2000 16 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
United States

Hello, After 2 months waiting, I got my "brand new" Mavic Pro from DHL last night. I connected my Mavic to my PC using assistant 2, (Mavic not activated yet) trying to upgrade the software before my 1st fly test. Then, I noticed under flight history, there are 6 flights already, in 4 different days before I got my Mavic. (see pic.) How come? Did I received a used Mavic? I contact DJI customer service, they saying those are test flight before they hand into customer. Is it true? anyone had the same issue? It's just hard to believe that DJI tested my Mavic 6 times in 4 different days, how responsible they are! ???????????

flight history on new mavic

flight history on new mavic
2016-12-15
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
United States

PS. Dec. 14 ,  15  my Mavic still on the way shipping, with DHL. DHL did 2 test flight for me? loL
2016-12-15
Use props
PieterMX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 593980 ft
Netherlands

You've selected airmail as a shipping method didn't you?
2016-12-15
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

It is absolutely true..they have a team who test fly each mavic that leaves the line. In the factory 1 line produces the mavic the other line is making Starwars Drones. This info from a rep friend whom has visited factory.
2016-12-15
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
United States

PieterMX Posted at 2016-12-15 23:55
You've selected airmail as a shipping method didn't you?

What u mean? DJI choosed DHL not me.
2016-12-15
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
United States

Kiffkool Posted at 2016-12-16 00:27
It is absolutely true..they have a team who test fly each mavic that leaves the line. In the factory 1 line produces the mavic the other line is making Starwars Drones. This info from a rep friend whom has visited factory.

ok, hope so. but 6 test flights, 4 days.......My mavic did not pass the test til the 6 test, sad.....
2016-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Strange one that, while dji may have been testing your Mavic, it's strange that all Mavic s are not tested.
2016-12-15
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Mine had 12 test flights during two days. I'd say all good - let them test it before shipping ;-)
2016-12-15
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Yea they must test if the mavic works .??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? There are alot of quality control questions that need to be answered before its sent... See above.
2016-12-15
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mine had zero flights in log on arrival,  but it looked like it had been flown ! ! !
2016-12-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I wouldn't expect all drones to be tested in such a way, imagine some nth product to be pulled off the line for testing, with "n" being whatever number is statistically useful for QA.
2016-12-15
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I think it is interesting that your flight log has logs for the dates in which it was in transit.....that is very strange since you can't fly it without first activating it....so not likely the DHL courier played with it while in transit. What do the logs tell you? How long was it flown? Could it possibly just have recorded a power on in the logs as a flight?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Richard, could you please provide me with your aircraft SN?
I'll help to look into it.
2016-12-15
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Japan

" Could it possibly just have recorded a power on in the logs as a flight?"

YES this is exactly what it does. They are logs of power cycles not flights per say.  Events on 8th and 11th may have been pre delivery power cycles at the factory (or in transit - unlikely). The latter four on 14th and one on 15th  would be when when @Richard first powered his on and started playing with it. If the RC is not connected at power up it backdates the DAT file dates to match previous DAT file.
@BudWalker who is the Guru in this area has written some very clever data analysis tools and his description of these DAT files is at https://datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3.html   

Some extracts:
"The FC File starts recording when the battery is turned on and ends recording when the battery is turned off or removed."
"...the DateTime comes from the RC. If the battery is turned on while the RC is not powered up the DateTime is set to the DateTime of the last FC File."
"...The ratio is .25 MBytes/second."

My bet is that no actual flights happened. If you really are worried though you can always use budwalkers app and look at the DAT files to satisfy yourself.  
2016-12-15
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-16 09:52
Hello Richard, could you please provide me with your aircraft SN?
I'll help to look into it.

Thank you Mindy, DJI online customer service already did it for me. They said based on the SN, I am the 1st one who active this Mavic. So far my Mavic doing a great job, no issues.
2016-12-16
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
United States

Logger Posted at 2016-12-16 11:26
" Could it possibly just have recorded a power on in the logs as a flight?"

YES this is exactly what it does. They are logs of power cycles not flights per say.  Events on 8th and 11th may have been pre delivery power cycles at the factory (or in transit - unlikely). The latter four on 14th and one on 15th  would be when when @Richard first powered his on and started playing with it. If the RC is not connected at power up it backdates the DAT file dates to match previous DAT file.

Thank you for the explanation. I have to say: your answer makes me feel much more comfortable than the DJI's answer. DJI just keep telling me they are test flights.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Richard Mavic p Posted at 2016-12-17 03:50
Thank you Mindy, DJI online customer service already did it for me. They said based on the SN, I am the 1st one who active this Mavic. So far my Mavic doing a great job, no issues.

Thank you for your update, Richard.
Enjoy your flight.
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules