USB to HDMI video output for Mavic controller?
26008 17 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brandonb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19029 ft
United States

Hello all,

Does anyone know if you can attach a USB to HDMI converter to the Mavic controller to display live video on a TV vs. a Phone/Tablet?

Link: As seen here

Thanks,
-Brandon

USB to HDMI

USB to HDMI
2016-12-15
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I don't think that would work. The USB is outputting proprietary GO app data from the controller to the phone and the phone then reprocesses all that data into video via DJI GO app or Litchi.
2016-12-15
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2016-12-15 19:51
I don't think that would work. The USB is outputting proprietary GO app data from the controller to the phone and the phone then reprocesses all that data into video via DJI GO app or Litchi.

I think your right...but there are ways around it. One fella posted a video where he was using an Nvidea tablet that had an HDMI output and he plugged in a set of FPV goggles to it anti worked flawlessly.
2016-12-15
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-16 12:56
I think your right...but there are ways around it. One fella posted a video where he was using an Nvidea tablet that had an HDMI output and he plugged in a set of FPV goggles to it anti worked flawlessly.

That's a totally different ball game. He has connected the Nvidia as per normal and used the dedicated HDMI out to screen/mirror cast to any other device (in this case, a HMD FPV goggles).
2016-12-15
Use props
GrizzlyAdams
lvl.2
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-15 19:56

Please post that video. Please?
2016-12-15
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Screencast to roku works
2016-12-15
Use props
brandonb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19029 ft
United States

I have a HDMI out cable for my phone that I can hook up to the TV, maybe I'll try that first with the DJI app and see what happens.
2016-12-15
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

GrizzlyAdams Posted at 2016-12-16 10:06
Please post that video. Please?

Took me a bit to find it but here it is....

2016-12-16
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2016-12-16 10:05
That's a totally different ball game. He has connected the Nvidia as per normal and used the dedicated HDMI out to screen/mirror cast to any other device (in this case, a HMD FPV goggles).

I agree....not too many devices with a dedicated video output.
2016-12-16
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-15 17:56

Works perfectly fine!
2016-12-29
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-15 17:56

Works perfectly fine! Mine does!
2016-12-29
Use props
fansdf15c545
New
United States

I bought the USB to HDMI but I'm not getting signal out, was there a setting within the remote?
I bought this one, it might be slightly differenty. Trying to film an event at the end of the week, need to get a signal out or purchase a new drone that has the HDMI out of the remote otherwise. Any help is very appriciated.

Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0/2.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter for Windows and Mac up to 2560x1440 in White

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2017-4-23
Use props
james007
lvl.2
United States

fansdf15c545 Posted at 2017-4-23 19:27
I bought the USB to HDMI but I'm not getting signal out, was there a setting within the remote?
I bought this one, it might be slightly differenty. Trying to film an event at the end of the week, need to get a signal out or purchase a new drone that has the HDMI out of the remote otherwise. Any help is very appriciated.

Did this work ??? Currently using the NVIDIA Shield K1 tablet, something more compact would be nice.
2019-2-14
Use props
Matei DONEA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1858455 ft
Romania

Yes, it is possible to do this but only with the "smart" controller. In the HDMI output you can mount a specific HDMI cable and have a video signal to a Yololiv from where you can stream much better than through a smartphone.  If you also use a capture card with HDMI input and USB output you can have a video signal to a computer, to OBS Studio for example.  Success
2021-4-17
Use props
djiuser_Oua972dLc21S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 776375 ft
Jersey

I have a M2P with a smart controller.  I am trying to get a live feed from my laptop. I have a usb video capture adaptor and 10' hdmi cable. I am unable to get the feed to work. The hdmi on the sc is on and O have tried all the resolution settings. When I connect the hdmi cable to the video out from another computer there is a feed so the hdmi cable and capture card are good. When I try and connect the sc direct to a tv hdmi to hdmi, the tv sees that there is a device and says that the resolution is not supported and there is also no image.
Does any one know what resolution I should use for the laptop connection?
2021-8-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_Oua972dLc21S Posted at 8-4 15:18
I have a M2P with a smart controller.  I am trying to get a live feed from my laptop. I have a usb video capture adaptor and 10' hdmi cable. I am unable to get the feed to work. The hdmi on the sc is on and O have tried all the resolution settings. When I connect the hdmi cable to the video out from another computer there is a feed so the hdmi cable and capture card are good. When I try and connect the sc direct to a tv hdmi to hdmi, the tv sees that there is a device and says that the resolution is not supported and there is also no image.
Does any one know what resolution I should use for the laptop connection?

It is not going to work. You are dealing with two different things, serial data and video. Unless DJI decide to output video information from the USB port, it is not going to work.
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_Oua972dLc21S
lvl.1
Jersey

Geebax Posted at 8-4 15:25
It is not going to work. You are dealing with two different things, serial data and video. Unless DJI decide to output video information from the USB port, it is not going to work.

Hi You miss understand. I am trying to use the hdmi video output on the sc via a hdmi cable connected to a hdmi video capture adaptor to usb connected to my lap top. There are a number of you tube clips which use this method but do not say which hdmi settings they are using on the sc. Ie the video output resolution which is what I want to know.
2021-8-5
Use props
djiuser_Oua972dLc21S
lvl.1
Jersey

Ok, found out what the problem is. It was the hdmi cable!!!
2021-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules