P4 batteries in P4P (no, not That subject...)
593 2 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI team (and any others who have an answer),

Yesterday I updated the firmware in my P4P and noted the battery received an update as part of that too (two middle LEDs active). Today I thought I'd try my original P4 batteries in the P4P, and then Assistant 2 (1.0.8) advised ' incompatible firmware'. It updated the firmware to the same latest for the P4P again - presumably so the battery can be updated also. All good, and did this for the rest of my P4 batteries too.

Hmm, I thought. I connected up my original P4 (which is @ the latest firmware - v01.02.0602) with one of it's newly updated batteries, and started Assistant 2. 'Incompatible firmware' it reported, and reloaded the P4 firmware again which included the battery update for it. All good, but I know what'll happen if I put That battery back into the P4P...

The batteries may work in both the P4 and the P4P, but the battery firmware incorporated into each craft update is clearly not at the same release level. Will it be? Otherwise I'll have to keep a bank of batteries readied for each specific craft, and I'd reeeeeally don't want to do that.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

To use the battery, you need upgrade the battery to consistent aircraft firmware.
The case you mentioned has been reported to our engineers, who will try to make it optimized.
Thank you again for your support again.
2016-12-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-16 20:31
To use the battery, you need upgrade the battery to consistent aircraft firmware.
The case you mentioned has been reported to our engineers, who will try to make it optimized.
Thank you again for your support again.

Thanks Natalia. I hope that 'optimised' means that we will be able to take a battery from a P4 and plug it into a P4P, and visa versa. That would make sense to be able to do that for batteries across models to be truly 'compatible'.
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules