Battery Shows 0 Voltage
7314 18 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Theantiw00t
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone,

I've had my Mavic for just over a month now and I haven't had any issues with the unit itself.  I recently purchased two new batteries and received them directly from DJI two weeks ago (through Newegg) and went through a few flights on them.  However, today I purchased a DJI car charger through a local retailer and charged one of those batteries from 35% to 100% in the car while enroute to a flight area.  I installed the battery from my car and the controller went through an IMU calibration and gave me an error stating, "Low Voltage. Replace or charge battery" and will not allow me to take off even though controller shows full battery.  I power cycled the Mavic with removing the battery and it still gave me the same message so I put in a different battery and had no issues flying this afternoon.  The battery in question shows all 3 cells are fully charged and showing proper cell voltage and capacity, but output voltage is at 0.  Kind of curious if anyone else has seen this issue and what initial troubleshooting steps I can take before having to contact DJI support for a replacement.  Until I am able to figure this out, I'm a little weary to continue using the car charger since all my other batteries which are charged through wall power have had no other issues.  I am including the two screenshots from my phone/controller.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

IMG_4982.jpg

screenshot1

screenshot1
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Theantiw00t, have you tried to dis-charge the battery and then use the original charger to full-charge it again?
2016-12-16
Use props
hman2853
New

United States

I have the same problem exactly with my Mavic Pro. Cell voltage shows normal, pack voltage shows 0.0v.

DJI told me to send the battery back. I have a new battery coming Monday, hopefully that fixes the problem. Your post gives me hope that it is not my Mavic drone itself, just the battery.

John
2016-12-16
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dear Theantiw00t, Dear Hman,

I encountered exactly the same problem, one of my three batteries with with FW 1.03.0000 after fully charged showed normal 4.28v individual cell voltage BUT showed 0.0v overall voltage, not allowing me to fire-up my Mavic Pro.

I refreshed FW1.03.0000 but didn't help. After I downgraded to FW1.02.0900 and then upgraded back to FW1.03.0000, the problem was gone.

See whether trying this can solve your problem. A couple of minutes' task is much better than sent it back to DJI and waiting for weeks.

Henry
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-12-17 13:27
Dear Theantiw00t, Dear Hman,

I encountered exactly the same problem, one of my three batteries with with FW 1.03.0000 after fully charged showed normal 4.28v individual cell voltage BUT showed 0.0v overall voltage, not allowing me to fire-up my Mavic Pro.

Hi Henry, did you happen to capture a screenshot of the voltage?
By the way, thanks for sharing your experience to us.
2016-12-17
Use props
Theantiw00t
lvl.1

United States

I tried discharging the battery that is having the issue and recharging with the wall charger to 100% but it still shows 0% overall battery voltage. Other batteries work fine so it looks like it might be isolated to one battery. Was hoping otherwise but looks like I may need to contact DJI Support for warranty purposes as this battery is only about a week old and went through just one full charge cycle. Thanks for your help.
2016-12-17
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Mindy,

I was practicing my flying techniques in this morning, and encountered this 0.0v problem. I did not capture any screenshot at that moment.

However, I have downloaded the flight controller DAT files of this morning's events through DJI Assistant 2 in this evening, and am uploading them to Dropbox.  These DAT files were this morning's Mavic battery 0.0v event, the FW1.03.0000 refresh event, the verification but still 0.0v event, the downgrading to FW1.02.0900 event, the positive verification event, the upgrading to FW1.03.0000 event, the positive verification event, and finally the back to normal successful flight event.

These files are large and are still being uploaded. I will post the link here when finished uploading.

Henry
2016-12-17
Use props
hman2853
New

United States

I just downgraded to 1.02.0900 and the Mavic was back to functioning fine, and the battery was showing proper total pack voltage. Upgrading back to 1.3 right now. Fingers crossed that the problem is gone! Has to be a software issue IMO.

Completed 1.3 reload, recalibrated IMU and gimbal, problem seems to be GONE!!!
2016-12-17
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Hman2853,

Glad that you have resolved the problem.

Henry
2016-12-17
Use props
hman2853
New

United States

Thanks for the help Henry. Happy flying!
2016-12-17
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-17 16:05
Hi Henry, did you happen to capture a screenshot of the voltage?
By the way, thanks for sharing your experience to us.

Hi Mindy,

I did not capture any screenshot of the 0.0v battery voltage event.

However, I have uploaded the flight controller datas of that event and the subsequent FW refresh, downgrade, & upgrade events to Dropbox.

Henry_Mavic_Battery_0.0v_Flight_Controller_Data

Please see if these data will be useful for DJI's diagnosing the problem.

Thanks.

Henry
2016-12-17
Use props
Theantiw00t
lvl.1

United States

hman2853 Posted at 2016-12-17 03:02
I just downgraded to 1.02.0900 and the Mavic was back to functioning fine, and the battery was showing proper total pack voltage. Upgrading back to 1.3 right now. Fingers crossed that the problem is gone! Has to be a software issue IMO.

Completed 1.3 reload, recalibrated IMU and gimbal, problem seems to be GONE!!!

Thanks, I'll try and see if this might work.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-12-18 08:15
Hi Mindy,

I did not capture any screenshot of the 0.0v battery voltage event.

Thank you, Henry.
I'll pass your files to our engineers for review.
2016-12-17
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Yesterday I got same problem when I turned on my Mavic.
I reinstalled DJI Go App and problem dissappear.
Maybe someone will help this
2016-12-17
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-18 14:14
Thank you, Henry.
I'll pass your files to our engineers for review.

You are welcome, Mindy

Have a nice day!

Henry
2016-12-18
Use props
Theantiw00t
lvl.1

United States

I was a little skeptical about the downgrading process fixing my battery reading but it totally did work. Used DJI Assistant 2 and downgraded, saw the proper battery voltage, then upgraded firmware back to current and unit was able to startup with no issues on that same battery. Thanks guys, you are a lifesaver.
2016-12-18
Use props
Theantiw00t
lvl.1

United States

Back to normal!
IMG_4984.PNG
2016-12-18
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Theantiw00t,

Glad to know you solved the problem too!

Happy & safe flying!

Henry
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Glad to hear it's back to normal and everything is fine now.
BTW, would you please help us confirm this battery SN? thanks.
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules