firmware
1754 16 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RENZA
lvl.1

Australia

So i just went to purchase an inspire 1 pro, they didnt have any pro's in stock so they gave me a v2.0 and swapped out the camera for the x5. They swore the aircraft was exactly the same other than the camera. When i got it home i realised that I needed the landing gear extensions firstly. Secondly, I'm getting an alert to update firmware on the aircraft and on the camera. I'm currently on Firmware v1.9.1.30.   First question is: are there any differences between the v2.0 and the pro other than the camera and landing gear?
Second question: Do I download firmware for the v2.0 or for the pro? What version will it be looking for on the camera? I see there is an update for the v2.0, is it looking for that, and is that update not suitable for the pro and x5??? Thanks!!

2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The aircraft firmware data package on the .bin file will be the same whether you have a Inspire V1, Inspire V2 with the X3 or the Inspire 1 with the X5. The only difference is the camera that you use to update. Since you have an X5 now, you would just use the Inspire Pro firmware to update both components. Should you decide to get another X3 as a back up and you have to update that camera, you would then switch to the Inspire V2 .bin file and only the X3 would be updated (if you happended to already use the X5 to update the AC). The same can be said vice versa.
2016-12-16
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Renza,
    The Inspire 1 firmware is packaged so that all camera firmware is individual but all packages contain generic battery and aircraft component updates. So you download the firmware for your camera(s) and upgrade the firmware. It updates both the camera, battery and aircraft components. If you had multiple cameras, you would swap the cameras and then apply the next camera firmware. This package would see that your aircraft components were already updated and would only update the camera.

DJI has recently reorganized their download pages for the Inspire 1 -> Click here to go to the Inspire 1 download page.

You will select downloads -> now there is a drop-down to select your camera model whch will include the aircraft firmware. Select the X5 camera.
Pro_Downloads.png
The page will update and you can download the appropriate zipped package.
Pro_Firmware.png
While you're on the downloads link, you may want to review the upgrade procedures guide. This guide covers several DJI models, so locate the Inspire section ->
Click here to download the Firmware Upgrade Guide

Sorry for the duplicate post, DJI-Jamie beat me to it! Good luck and always fly safely!
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Daroga Posted at 2016-12-17 02:30
Renza,
    The Inspire 1 firmware is packaged so that all camera firmware is individual but all packages contain generic battery and aircraft component updates. So you download the firmware for your camera(s) and upgrade the firmware. It updates both the camera, battery and aircraft components. If you had multiple cameras, you would swap the cameras and then apply the next camera firmware. This package would see that your aircraft components were already updated and would only update the camera.

They're helpful visuals nonetheless.
2016-12-16
Use props
RENZA
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-17 02:12
The aircraft firmware data package on the .bin file will be the same whether you have a Inspire V1, Inspire V2 with the X3 or the Inspire 1 with the X5. The only difference is the camera that you use to update. Since you have an X5 now, you would just use the Inspire Pro firmware to update both components. Should you decide to get another X3 as a back up and you have to update that camera, you would then switch to the Inspire V2 .bin file and only the X3 would be updated (if you happended to already use the X5 to update the AC). The same can be said vice versa.

what can i do about this?
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RENZA Posted at 2016-12-23 00:41
what can i do about this?

I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you mean? Are you having issues updating firmware?
2016-12-22
Use props
RENZA
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-23 00:44
I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you mean? Are you having issues updating firmware?

yes sorry, i posted an image but obviously you cant see it. The latest firmware doesnt download as a compressed file, it opens as a different file type to all the others i've done in the past.Its asking me to create a PDF document and then print the document??
2016-12-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

RENZA Posted at 2016-12-22 17:18
yes sorry, i posted an image but obviously you cant see it. The latest firmware doesnt download as a compressed file, it opens as a different file type to all the others i've done in the past.Its asking me to create a PDF document and then print the document??

The FW will have only a single .bin file while is used to update the aircraft.  The other information about the FW are PDF documents.
http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads
select this link from the top right of the page linked above
Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.10.1.40

Rich
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RENZA Posted at 2016-12-23 09:18

If you can please try Rich's advice and let us know if it's still not allowing for you to see the .bin file on the .zip file.
2016-12-23
Use props
RENZA
lvl.1

Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-23 10:03
The FW will have only a single .bin file while is used to update the aircraft.  The other information about the FW are PDF documents.
http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads
select this link from the top right of the page linked above

Thanks Rick I' not sure why this forum is labelling me as a beginner, I've been updating firmware with dji since 2013.
When I download v1.9.1.30 and all prvious versions it downloads as a compressed .zip file as usual, I can then unzip into the root directory of my SD card and proceed as usual. However, when I try v1.10.1.40, it comes not as a compressed file but as a .bin file that on my laptop tries to open using vlc media player and comes up as an error (obviously) and on my desktop tries to open in Adobe Acrobat and also comes up as an error
2016-12-24
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

RENZA Posted at 2016-12-24 08:55
Thanks Rick I' not sure why this forum is labelling me as a beginner, I've been updating firmware with dji since 2013.
When I download v1.9.1.30 and all prvious versions it downloads as a compressed .zip file as usual, I can then unzip into the root directory of my SD card and proceed as usual. However, when I try v1.10.1.40, it comes not as a compressed file but as a .bin file that on my laptop tries to open using vlc media player and comes up as an error (obviously) and on my desktop tries to open in Adobe Acrobat and also comes up as an error

I saw your post and downloaded  the new file 10.01 and had the same experiences as you on my computer, what I did to get the bin file to load was  open my downloads page and then open my SD card drive ( E On my system )  and then just dragged and dropped  the file from the downloads  page to the SD  card.

Then I verified the BIN file was on my SD card .

Something had changed in the way the download is configured for sure , I have been doing downloads since 1.3 and this is the first time it opened like this .  Usually when I open the file it goes to a RAR extract and then I drag and drop that to the SD card .   

I did not load the new update as I am very happy at 1.8 for the AC and 1.7 for the RC at this time and have no intention of updating until I hear more reviews on the new update .
****Maybe they have changed the file from the ZIP format , and gone straight to a bin file .  I am not super good with computers so I may have the wording wrong.  

Hope this helps, at least you know you are not alone

Merry Christmas

donnie

2016-12-24
Use props
RENZA
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-24 05:11
If you can please try Rich's advice and let us know if it's still not allowing for you to see the .bin file on the .zip file.

The problem is that it does not come as a .zip file to be unzipped into the root directory of my sd card, it comes as an uncompressed .bin file and does not register when inserted into the aircraft
2016-12-24
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

RENZA Posted at 2016-12-24 10:44
The problem is that it does not come as a .zip file to be unzipped into the root directory of my sd card, it comes as an uncompressed .bin file and does not register when inserted into the aircraft

I understand , it comes as a bin file , can you just try and drag and drop it from the downloads ( On your PC) page directly to the SD card drive on your PC. Do not open the file , just drag  and drop from the downloads to your SD card.

I understand exactly what you are saying, this is different then the other downloads  from DJI in the Past.
I have  a freind of mine from Washington who I hope  can help with this as well, I am not going to update so I cant tell if this (  the drag and drop bin ) will work , He is great with computers and I am sure will shed some light on this .  I have a Personal Message to hime right now , but being the Holidays it may be a bit for an answer, I am not sure .

donnie  
2016-12-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

RENZA Posted at 2016-12-24 06:55

Okay sorry for the confusion and I see now the misunderstanding. (I didn't think you were a beginner). The file from DJI is the .bin straight from the website. It does not need to be changed at all..... and disregard the fact it says that it is a zip file. Just take the original file from the web and put it onto the SD card and start your normal FW update on the Inspire 1.  It will work the same as before.

Thanks for hanging in there

All the best
Rich
2016-12-24
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

RENZA Posted at 2016-12-24 08:44

Just try downloading and SAVING the .bin file to your SD card.  Do not attempt to open it on your computer.
2016-12-24
Use props
fans9a1ac4d9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

As above.  It needs to be a .bin file. Just find it in your downloads and drag it to you SD card's root directory. Plug straight into the craft and let it do its thing. No need to open the file. Only file you may open is the one created after the update on the SD to see if the update was successful. Also you shouldn't need extensions on a v2.0 to mount the X5. Only difference between a v1 and v2.0 is a different prop mounting system, beefier anti-vibration plate to mount x5 hence the longer landing gear. It was the point of the v2.0. Shouldn't need the extensions if you have true v2.0 craft.
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RENZA Posted at 2016-12-25 00:44

This direct .bin file download instead of first being a .zip file is new compared to previous firmware downloads. Because of this, you want to be absolutely sure that you are selecting the proper camera via the drop down menu as shown in post #3. If that's skipped, then that may be the reason that the update isn't activating whe you put the v1.10.1.40 .bin file onto the SD card. As others have mentioned, you don't need to worry about opening the .bin file once downloaded, you just need to transfer it to the SD card. Just to clarify, are you trying to update your aircraft via the X5 camera or a different model?
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules