DJI LOVES making NOISE!!!
2261 16 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

Now with the auto-focus feature we get even more BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! It seems the Mavic now auto-focuses frequently during flight. That's great as far as I'm concerned, but why does it need to BEEP every time? When I take video with my iPhone it constantly autofocuses but it doesn't BEEP at all. What's with DJI and all the BEEPING? Please DJI reserve the beeping for when it is really necessary.  At some point we will just try to block outt the beeping. When there is really somthing wrong we might ignore it because it just beeps all the time.

Auto-focus BEEP. too windy BEEP. not too windy BEEP anyway because it might get windy. Radio interference BEEP. Magnetic interference BEEP. Return to home BEEP BEEP BEEP. Low battery BEEP BEEP BEEP. Why so noisy?!? For those of us doing live streaming this ruins it!

2016-12-16
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Instead of complaining about it why not ask if there is a way to disable the beep? or if they can add to the new update the option.
2016-12-16
Use props
greygoose
lvl.2

United States

I appreciate audible cues....I know the camera focus is working.
2016-12-16
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Put your phone in vibration mode.

You'll be begging for more.
2016-12-16
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-16 10:11
Instead of complaining about it why not ask if there is a way to disable the beep? or if they can add to the new update the option.

No need to ask... There is no way to disable the beep on the RC or the Go app. The only way to disable on the phone/tablet is to mute, but that's unacceptable as some necessary warnings will not be heard. I have sent feedback directly to DJI as have many others with no response. So hence this thread...
2016-12-16
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
United States

greygoose Posted at 2016-12-16 10:16

That's great for you.  Maybe if you like that so much you can ask for that to be a feature on your phone or camcorder when taking video with those devices so you know the auto-focus is working. I'd like DJI to give the OPTION to users to disable some alarms. So those of you that enjoy hearing it can continue to do so. Those of us that just want to be alerted of important things can have it the way we want it as well.
2016-12-16
Use props
Mavvy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

So you say your hearing a Beeping noise ??  LOL
2016-12-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

greygoose Posted at 2016-12-16 08:16

Precisely why I walk around periodically shooting my guns...  I know the firing pin is working.
2016-12-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

stealle Posted at 2016-12-16 09:00
That's great for you.  Maybe if you like that so much you can ask for that to be a feature on your phone or camcorder when taking video with those devices so you know the auto-focus is working. I'd like DJI to give the OPTION to users to disable some alarms. So those of you that enjoy hearing it can continue to do so. Those of us that just want to be alerted of important things can have it the way we want it as well.

Interesting enough, the new P4P+ (with built-in screen) can control the volume of the beeps & voice prompts. I can even mute them.  It is done by adjusting the volume slider like in Android, but since this is built-in it actually DOES it.  Sorta cool.  I like it at about 30% volume.

Yes, too many alarms are proven to increase workload, as well.  My source is NASA AMES at Moffet & working closely with them.
2016-12-16
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Beep Bleep Beep Blapo Bleep Beep!
2016-12-16
Use props
echeng12
lvl.2

United States

There's auto focus now?  Sorry haven't used my Mavic in a while.  Is the auto focus only on the DJI go4 or just DJI go?
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

echeng12 Posted at 2016-12-17 09:54
There's auto focus now?  Sorry haven't used my Mavic in a while.  Is the auto focus only on the DJI go4 or just DJI go?

Haven't used the Mavic in a while, I never thought I'd hear that.
The continuous autofocus is in both apps.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

For now, you just have to turn the volume down to a comfortable level.
2016-12-16
Use props
echeng12
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 11:29
Haven't used the Mavic in a while, I never thought I'd hear that.
The continuous autofocus is in both apps.

Haha weather hasn't been too kind here in norcal
2016-12-17
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
Singapore

Problem with all this beeping is, apart from the sheer overloading annoyance, is that if you are live streaming then it all goes on the stream too.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

echeng12 Posted at 2016-12-17 22:12
Haha weather hasn't been too kind here in norcal

Ya, pretty cold up there.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2016-12-17 22:16
Problem with all this beeping is, apart from the sheer overloading annoyance, is that if you are live streaming then it all goes on the stream too.

I understand, when you live stream turn down the volume so your viewers won't hear it.
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules