dji go4 crash
1467 10 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Does anyone know what happens when the go4 app crashes/stops during flight? Will the mavic still be under control?
Besides, how can one access the camera settings on the screen, eg to switch resolution or mov-mp4?
2016-12-16
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

My guess is that you would still be able to fly just fine with the controller.  It would be a good test to perform (under safe condx).
2016-12-16
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

You don't need the DJI Go app or a phone/tablet to fly at all. So yes, you will still be able to fly it normally if it is within VLOS. If it is not within VLOS you can trigger RTH on the RC.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can easily test by shutting down the app. Th aircraft will fly just fine with the RC.
And if you want to fly with just the RC, you just cannot change any camera settings.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-17 02:15
My guess is that you would still be able to fly just fine with the controller.  It would be a good test to perform (under safe condx).

Correct, it will fly just fine with the RC.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

stealle Posted at 2016-12-17 02:24
You don't need the DJI Go app or a phone/tablet to fly at all. So yes, you will still be able to fly it normally if it is within VLOS. If it is not within VLOS you can trigger RTH on the RC.

Correct, if your out of LOS, just hit RTH and it will come back then when it's close you can let it land or cancel RTH.
Always make sure your RTH settings are correctly set to your flight environment.
2016-12-16
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Belgium

Thanks, will do some more testing as soon as I can. Just get a bit nervous since this is my first "drone"  and it's logic is somewhat out of my comfort zone coming from the 3D heli sector.. (I read so now and then that TX/RX fails even when Mavic is nearby, triggering RTH or something else. With heli's this would be extremely unacceptable and NEVER happened to me).
Im just curious since it is possible to make control inputs via the app. Is it not possible such a control input is made by error just before/during  app crash messing up the Mavic's brain?

For the rest it flies great, a beautiful piece of tech. Happy!
2016-12-16
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

Ok, so today this happened again. I was setting up camera options in the app inside  the house when the go4 crashed and did not recover, the screen froze saying "disconnected". Nothing except shutting the complete system down and switching on again fixed it. Later i did a neighborhood flight from the backyard using the lower port with my own usb cable. It's kinda crappy since the connector on the phone side and cable are very uncomfortable but the app worked flawless. Could this be an upper usb port/cable issue?
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MacIak Posted at 2016-12-18 06:09
Ok, so today this happened again. I was setting up camera options in the app inside  the house when the go4 crashed and did not recover, the screen froze saying "disconnected". Nothing except shutting the complete system down and switching on again fixed it. Later i did a neighborhood flight from the backyard using the lower port with my own usb cable. It's kinda crappy since the connector on the phone side and cable are very uncomfortable but the app worked flawless. Could this be an upper usb port/cable issue?

It's probably the upper cable issue.
Do you have another cable to test?
2016-12-18
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-18 10:57

No, only got standard usb to micro usb cables. For now i will use the bottom one and search for a "flat" micro usb end on the phone side. It's really uncomfortable though cause the cable is in the way making it difficult to use  the controls and inputs. Maybe a phone holder/bracket will help. Still not sure if problem is really the upper usb, unable to test the lower port more since weather is unwilling..
2016-12-18
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-18 10:57

No, only got standard usb to micro usb cables. For now i will use the bottom one and search for a "flat" micro usb end on the phone side. It's really uncomfortable though cause the cable is in the way making it difficult to use  the controls and inputs. Maybe a phone holder/bracket will help. Still not sure if problem is really the upper usb, unable to test the lower port more since weather is unwilling..
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules