Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 backpack refund
1322 11 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMcDonald84
lvl.1

United States

I purchased a backback along with my Phantom and the fitment is horrible inside the bag. I'm going to OPT for a hard shell case. What do I need to do to get a refund and send the bag back...? Can anyone help me out? I cant get in touch with anyone, tried calling the California one but no luck. Emailed and no response.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, you weren't able to get a hold of the North American Office or they told you they could not assist? You also emailed onlinesales@dji.com, is that correct?
2016-12-16
Use props
JMcDonald84
lvl.1

United States

I could not get through to anyone in the California office. And I did email online sales but no response
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JMcDonald84 Posted at 2016-12-17 09:51
I could not get through to anyone in the California office. And I did email online sales but no response

They're off on weekends, you should get a response on Monday.
2016-12-16
Use props
JMcDonald84
lvl.1

United States

I've sent in pictures that were requested from the online sales department. They said I would need to pay for return shipping...Would I be able to ship to the california office?
2016-12-19
Use props
RoadmasterD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 188527 ft
United States

This is interesting.  I also purchased the very expensive backpack and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get even the basic drone, no props installed, to fit in the largest compartment.  I would highly recommend not purchasing the backpack until this gets cleared up.
2017-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

RoadmasterD Posted at 2017-1-4 18:28
This is interesting.  I also purchased the very expensive backpack and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get even the basic drone, no props installed, to fit in the largest compartment.  I would highly recommend not purchasing the backpack until this gets cleared up.

Ah, hi, well dang it, that's no good. Could you please post a few pics so we can see what you are doing?
I'd like to see why it doesn't fit, or exactly what's going on there, with that case.

I bought the DJI branded hardshell backpack, and everything fits so perfectly exact and yet comfortably. & without any undue stress or even any slight unevenness in the foam cutout. Just wondering why this should be any different.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-4
Use props
RoadmasterD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 188527 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-4 20:24
Ah, hi, well dang it, that's no good. Could you please post a few pics so we can see what you are doing?
I'd like to see why it doesn't fit, or exactly what's going on there, with that case.

Well, with some research I've discovered that the drone goes in upside down.  The battery compartments were designed for the P3 and won't fit the P4 batteries.  All and All it looks like it was designed for the P3 but is being marketed for the P4 also.  It's entirely my fault for ordering a very expensive backpack for the P4P without checking the reviews.  It will work but I've found an alternative on Amazon that looks good and is designed to hold the factory foam container along with extra storage.  Way cheaper also.

The next question is what to do with the really nice backpack that sorta works?
2017-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

RoadmasterD Posted at 2017-1-4 20:52
Well, with some research I've discovered that the drone goes in upside down.  The battery compartments were designed for the P3 and won't fit the P4 batteries.  All and All it looks like it was designed for the P3 but is being marketed for the P4 also.  It's entirely my fault for ordering a very expensive backpack for the P4P without checking the reviews.  It will work but I've found an alternative on Amazon that looks good and is designed to hold the factory foam container along with extra storage.  Way cheaper also.

The next question is what to do with the really nice backpack that sorta works?

I recall someone here, cutting out the side of a Phantom 3 battery compartment to enable a Phantom 4 intelligent flight battery to fit. Not sure which drone case or what type of foam that was. Is that something that you might like to try?

If you measure twice and cut once, (like a wise carpenter), this may work for you too. ;-)

Or you could simply sell that first bag, and use the new one, just as you stated, to house the DJI OEM foam crate.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-4
Use props
SPIKE_151
First Officer
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Buy one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterp ... :g:4XQAAOSw44BYUoKt
I have the P4P and it fits fine, batteries fit fine, even space for car charger and skyreat copper parabolic reflectors
2017-1-5
Use props
JohnnyD34
lvl.2

Australia

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-5 03:30
Buy one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-Shoulder-Bag-Hard-Shell-Case-Box-Backpack-For-DJI-Phantom-4-Drone-UK-/252683035368?hash=item3ad51522e8:g:4XQAAOSw44BYUoKt

This is exactly what I got.  The P4 fits perfectly.
2017-1-5
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.3
United States

I've also heard the one from DJI does not fit the P4P properly. I would definitely look for an alternative.   
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules