30700 15 2015-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded the "DJI DNG Cleaner v1.0" from the Inspire support page and ran a DNG file though it to see what it does, but am still not sure. I looked at the original and output images at 100% magnification in Photoshop and they looked identical. Anyone know what it's for?
2015-2-12
Use props
Embelish
lvl.2

United States

I would also like to know what the "DJI DNG Cleaner v1.0" does. Also, the "Inspire 1 Transcoding Tool v0.91"?
2015-2-12
Use props
pauldean85.goog
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I just downloaded the DJI DNG Clearner and it seems to remove the red pixels from the DNG Raw files that appear from time to time.

I wonder if DJI could integrate this feature into the camera firmware?
2015-2-12
Use props
Jason Schiffner
lvl.1

United States

My virus software freaks out when I try to download the software from the DJI website. Claims to have blocked Win32:Evo-gen
2015-2-24
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, same deal here as my virus protection flag it as a virus.  I trashed the download for now.
2015-2-24
Use props
jm.sierra
New

United States

Embelish Posted at 2015-2-13 01:26
I would also like to know what the "DJI DNG Cleaner v1.0" does. Also, the "Inspire 1 Transcoding Too ...

THE DNG RAW FILES APP IS SO THAT YOU CAN CONVERT THE REGULAR FILE THAT THE CAMERA RECORDS INTO APPLE PRORES 422, FOR BETTER QUALITY AND FINISHED PRODUCT, HOPE THAT HELPS!
2015-2-24
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

jm.sierra@iclou Posted at 2015-2-25 10:18
THE DNG RAW FILES APP IS SO THAT YOU CAN CONVERT THE REGULAR FILE THAT THE CAMERA RECORDS INTO APP ...

Isn't that the transcoding tool?

Still don't know what the DNG cleaner does though
2015-3-2
Use props
skinleverton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

How do you input a dng file into the cleaner?,
2015-3-9
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I run the DNG through the DNG Cleaner, but the resulting DNG won't open on Photoshop or Lightroom... it tells me that "PS could not complete this process because it does not recognize this type of file"... What am I doing wrong?
2015-4-11
Use props
dannyboyski
lvl.1

Greece

hvilorio Posted at 2015-4-12 10:02
I run the DNG through the DNG Cleaner, but the resulting DNG won't open on Photoshop or Lightroom... ...

Im having the exact same problem, did you find a fix for this?

thanks

Dan
2015-6-23
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Your virus protection tool/ software may be picking up something in regard to all this crappy spam posts on the forum.  I reckon it must be related somewhere as its definitely malicious nonsense that DJI seem to be the target of on this forum.
2015-6-23
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I still can't open the files that result from the DJI DNG cleaner for Mac OS, in ANY program (PhotoShop, Photo Mechanic, Canon Digital Photo Pro). Seems pretty useless, to me.
2015-6-29
Use props
diverreb
New
Flight distance : 28831873 ft
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-6-29 21:09
I still can't open the files that result from the DJI DNG cleaner for Mac OS, in ANY program (PhotoS ...

Cleaner only works with he P-3 and Inspire....  It will not work with earlier Phantoms, like the Vision Plus.  Can't believe they won't update the program to do this.
2015-7-7
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

diverreb@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-8 04:40
Cleaner only works with he P-3 and Inspire....  It will not work with earlier Phantoms, like the V ...

No, I am using it on the Phantom 3 Pro, and the file it produces is unreadable by PhotoShop, Adobe Camera Raw and Photo Mechanic.
The DNG straight out of the camera is fine - it's just the files that the DJI DNG Cleaner spits out that can't be read.
2015-7-7
Use props
power64.gmail
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

You CAN open the original and cleaned DNG files in Photoshop CS2 and other version using the free Adobe DNG Raw converter.  I am able to open all raw out of the Phantom 3 and the DJI processed Cleaner files by first running them through the Adobe DNG Converter 9.1, and making sure that the DNG-->Adobe DNG conversion is compatible with my version of Photoshop.  For Photoshop CS2, I set the converter to Camera Raw 2.4.  You may also need a plug-in for CS2 to open the Adobe Raw files and more recent versions of Photoshop will probably not need the plug-in.

You can find the Adobe Converter on their home site: https://www.adobe.com/support/do ... 06&platform=Windows

Something totally unexpected when comparing raw and JPG is that the raw output at 12MP in DJI raw shows a wider frame size (field of coverage) than the same 12MP JPG image taken at the same time (P3 with latest firmware as of Nov 2015).  This makes me believe that the JPG only output from the camera is not a true 12MP (11.9MP sensor)  photo but a slightly scaled up ~10.9MP crop from the center portion of the Sony sensor to 12MP.  This might explain why it takes so long to take a photo in the air, if it has read out the full 12MP image, crop the data to the center portion, upscale back to 12MP, denoise, and finally compress to JPG before saving.  I measured the difference in lost frame edge in Photoshop of JPG vs RAW, and the JPG is missing about 80 pixels on all four sides compared to the 12MP Raw image.  This translates to roughly a 10.8MP crop that is being upscaled back to 12MP.

Please don't be upset that DJI may removed some information in the native JPG from the edge, as this portion of the lens has much more distortion, so in fact they are kind of doing the average user a favor by doing this very slight cropping.  Attached below is a crop of the bottom right corner of a single JPG + RAW image capture to illustrate the lost sensor information in JPG.  Additioonally, because the JPG is upscaled in camera to 2000x3000 pixels, even though these are 1:1 crops of the originals, the JPG will appear slightly larger.

Compare DNG vs JPG

Compare DNG vs JPG
2015-11-15
Use props
georstef_71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18396 ft
Greece

power64.gmail Posted at 2015-11-15 23:08
You CAN open the original and cleaned DNG files in Photoshop CS2 and other version using the free Ad ...

I seems that there is an auto distortion procedure in jpeg files . But sometimes it is not enabled and I cannot figure out why .  It is also weird that the "cropped"  jpeg's resolution is 4000X3000 when the wider DNG file is 3992X2992 !? !? !? !?
2015-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules