Unable to copy files from sdcard
1852 4 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cho7
lvl.2
France

Hi All,

I just tried my very first fly with my mavic (1 minute in my garden, at night) and I'm happy even if I'm facing an issue (actually two, because I also had to restart DJI Go 4 once because it crashed unexpectedly).
The video of my flight cannot be previewed from the app (DJI Go 4 says my phone cannot handle 4K videos, but my phone is a galaxy S7 edge with native 4K support...)

Anyway, I tried to open the video file with VLC on my macbook, it works but it is very slow (it was expected, 4K is too big for my computer).

But I'm now trying to copy the video file on my hard drive to downscale it, but it looks like file is corrupted so I'm unable to copy it.

Is it normal to have a corrupted file ? I'm using the default 16Gb micro sdcard shipped with the mavic, maybe this card is too slow (write speed) for 4K ?

Thanks

EDIT : actually, I also took a picture, and I'm unable to open it using Preview. I have to open it using Gimp... It's just a JPEG, so I'm a little bit confused...

2016-12-16
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This all sounds strange, maybe try a different SD card next time?
Transferring is best done by taking out the card and using a card reader - USB3 ideally or you can expect to need transfer the file to the computer before it will play - rather than playing from the card as the transfer can't keep up on USB2.
Also when recording on the Mavic always stop the recording a minute or two before shutting off so any buffereed data is cleared and the file closed properly.
2016-12-16
Use props
cho7
lvl.2
France

Well. I did a few more test using 1080p instead of 4K. I wait a few seconds before shuting down the aircraft, and videos are now playable from preview panel. I was also able to post my edited footage.
2016-12-16
Use props
cho7
lvl.2
France

OK, I did a few more tests this morning, and the problem is still there. But I discovered that only my macbook is affected.

I can read and copy files without any issue from a windows computer (I'm using a transcend usb3 card reader) !
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Since it works fine on your windows computer, your video files are not corrupted.
It's probably your macbook's issue.
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules