4939 26 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Inspire 1 Firmware v01.10.01.40? Should I update? I see it say:

1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports.
2. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

Slowed down the motor's? For what reason?

2016-12-16
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

From what was mentioned on the other thread, it now takes longer to shut down the motors via CSC.
2016-12-16
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

GabeZ Posted at 2016-12-17 00:48
From what was mentioned on the other thread, it now takes longer to shut down the motors via CSC.

Hmmm interesting... worth the update?
2016-12-16
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2016-12-16 22:52
Hmmm interesting... worth the update?

I'm not sure just yet.  I updated mine and the compass is showing different ranges of numbers than I'm use to seeing.  It could be coincidence.  But the last time there was an odity in compass numbers, drones went wild.  I have yet to fly mine.  I can confirm that a couple of IMU calibrations didn't change anything.  They say that Z and MOD should be close to 1500.  But that's not a firm rule, and it tends to fluctuate.  I have a gap of of about 200 between the two at any given time.  It would make sense that Z should always be different values other than 1500, but it always seemed to be close to 1500 in the past.  It is now showing numbers like 1100 or 1200 while MOD is more like 1400.
I can tell you that the gimbal dance is different.  It now tips the camera from side to side.  I think this is to help with horizon problems.  I also discovered a manual horizon adjustment.  This may have been there before, but my horizon is always tilted, so this is a great setting.  Additionally, it looks like there are now 3 configuration tabs you can set for gimbal behavior.
2016-12-17
Use props
Neche
lvl.1

United States

This latest update will not work with Z3 camera.  I contacted support.  And OMG they are clueless about the problem. They keep sending me the same update to try over and again.  Why can't they say. The Z3 update is Not out yet so ignore the Aircraft requires update error on remote.   Guess I'll call the California dji hopefully they will understand what I am asking
2016-12-17
Use props
SkyHigh UAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2838921 ft
Australia

Neche Posted at 2016-12-18 08:38
This latest update will not work with Z3 camera.  I contacted support.  And OMG they are clueless about the problem. They keep sending me the same update to try over and again.  Why can't they say. The Z3 update is Not out yet so ignore the Aircraft requires update error on remote.   Guess I'll call the California dji hopefully they will understand what I am asking

The Z3 works with the new firmware, but you cannot install the new FW with the Z3 camera. Try using an X5 or X3 to install new FW.
2016-12-18
Use props
Neche
lvl.1

United States

SkyHigh UAV Posted at 2016-12-19 05:40
The Z3 works with the new firmware, but you cannot install the new FW with the Z3 camera. Try using an X5 or X3 to install new FW.t

No go.  Sold X3.  Didn't think I needed to keep it to install an update What is interesting  Support does not realize that latest firmware will Not install using Z3.   I tried to explain to 3 different techs. But they just don't get it .
2016-12-18
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

SkyHigh UAV Posted at 2016-12-19 05:40
The Z3 works with the new firmware, but you cannot install the new FW with the Z3 camera. Try using an X5 or X3 to install new FW.

Well, mate, but this is UNACCEPTABLE! What if the only cam you have is the Z3?! Ridiculous....
2016-12-19
Use props
mozingopj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982743 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here. Can't update using the Z3. It was driving me crazy until I found this thread.
2016-12-19
Use props
SkyHigh UAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2838921 ft
Australia

WellFlightz Posted at 2016-12-19 22:14
Well, mate, but this is UNACCEPTABLE! What if the only cam you have is the Z3?! Ridiculous....

The hole Z3 experience has been a total disgrace, DJI has done nothing for these users.
2016-12-19
Use props
ViewFinderMB
New

United States

I spent a ton of time on chat and the phone with DJI today. They didn't seem to know much about the problem. They suggested I send my aircraft in for service, and I do not think there is anything actually wrong with the craft.

I am getting laggy response time on my sticks now, and my image was a solid 3-4 seconds behind in transmission. I am going to get an X3 from a friend and hope that the update takes, and the issues are fixed.

Not a huge fan of being blindly told to cancel jobs that I have booked in order to have it shipped in, when there most likely is not a problem.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ViewFinderMB Posted at 2016-12-28 03:58
I spent a ton of time on chat and the phone with DJI today. They didn't seem to know much about the problem. They suggested I send my aircraft in for service, and I do not think there is anything actually wrong with the craft.

I am getting laggy response time on my sticks now, and my image was a solid 3-4 seconds behind in transmission. I am going to get an X3 from a friend and hope that the update takes, and the issues are fixed.

Just to clarify, what firwmare are you currently on now? Did this just happen out of the blue, or did you notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? What mobile device do you use? What troubleshooting steps have you done thus far? If you want to start your own thread on this, I can can try to help you out before resigning to sending it in.

As for the v01.10.01.40 firmware update itself, there isn't anything within the update that would be necessary for the camera or enhances any additional performance other than what was provided in Post #1. If all was working fine and you don't necessarily need to unlock any new NFZs, then you could essentially skip this firmware update until it's more convenient to address it.

As far as getting ahold of an X3, X5 etc., a local dealer may be able to help you out with borrowing one for updates as well until a Z3 compatible firmware update has been made available..
2016-12-28
Use props
ViperAMG0
lvl.1
Germany

Please fix this bug. I have the same problem with my Z3.
2016-12-29
Use props
elowarr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I upgraded and now I have compass error issues that no mater how much calibrating I do it won't clear ! rendering my inspire unuseable

any suggestions?
2017-1-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

elowarr Posted at 2017-1-1 09:49
I upgraded and now I have compass error issues that no mater how much calibrating I do it won't clear ! rendering my inspire unuseable

any suggestions?

Sorry you are having trouble. I wonder if the FW update was a coincidence and you have something else happening.  
Maybe for you to be certain, you can downgrade the FW back to where it was before. recalibrate the IMU and compass and see if your issues go away.   Fly safe and I hope all goes well for you.

You can always refresh the FW to the newest again if needed.

Rich
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

elowarr Posted at 2017-1-1 09:49

any suggestions?

Please try Rich's advice when you can. If the issue persists, could you happen to provide a small video on the behavior?
2017-1-1
Use props
elowarr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-1 14:17
Please try Rich's advice when you can. If the issue persists, could you happen to provide a small video on the behavior?

Well I have tried everything! and it's a no go as far as clearing the error message so it's all boxed up and ready to be sent for repair, hopefully it wont be long before it's back flying again..
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

elowarr Posted at 2017-1-4 14:15
Well I have tried everything! and it's a no go as far as clearing the error message so it's all boxed up and ready to be sent for repair, hopefully it wont be long before it's back flying again..

It's good to hear you're taking the stepd in getting this addressed, you will be up and running again in no time.
2017-1-5
Use props
Vgoldfield13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1766568 ft
United States

I am about to fly today, I will report back with information after my flight, I have updated and was curious as to what changes they made
2017-1-11
Use props
elowarr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

All repaired!!  It was the compass which was at fault ,  I sent it to Heliguy, I sent it by courier Thursday PM and got an e-mail mid am on the Friday all repaired but bad weather held up the test flight for a week, very reasonable charge as well. Well happy.
2017-2-4
Use props
WernerD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Any consensus on the Firmware and App version to be? I am still on the October(?) versions. All works like a charm, I don't see any reason to upgrade and the most recent comments on the Android App does not fill me with confidence. Hence asking.
2017-2-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

WernerD Posted at 2017-2-5 06:08
Any consensus on the Firmware and App version to be? I am still on the October(?) versions. All works like a charm, I don't see any reason to upgrade and the most recent comments on the Android App does not fill me with confidence. Hence asking.

I have not seen any keen reason to update myself either Werner , I am currently  at 1.8 on the AC and 1.6 on the RC and am going to stay here for a bit .  

donnie
2017-2-6
Use props
WernerD
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks - your opinion is a good enough reason for me to stay on those versions either.
All about Risk vs. Benefit.
2017-2-7
Use props
fans8bbabd52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696427 ft
Australia

SkyHigh UAV Posted at 2016-12-18 13:40

Hi guys,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can upgrade to
by using the z3 camera, as I have just done it. Remember you have to select the Z3 download.
2017-4-15
Use props
fans8bbabd52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696427 ft
Australia

SkyHigh UAV Posted at 2016-12-18 13:40

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can install via the Z3 camera, as I have just done it. Remember you need to download the Z3 firmware in the Inspire 1 section and have no other files on the card.
Hope this helps...
Yt2...
2017-4-15
Use props
Roger45
lvl.1

South Africa

When you say v01.10.01.40, do you mean v1.1 ? My inspire only shows the firmware version like the latter in Dji Go
2017-4-23
Use props
WernerD
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Had to upgrade the DJI Go app yesterday as it said "Upgrade needed and did not let you connect to the bird" . So I upgraded the app on my Samsung S2 Tab (T715N) but not the bird.
No problems found yet.
2017-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules