App Issues
968 19 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Plsctt24
New

United Kingdom

Recently I cant get the DJI Go app to stay connected to my Mavic for more than 30 seconds into a flight.

The RC maintains connection perfectly and I remain in control but the camera/app link disconnects and stays like that no matter how close they are.

Ive messed with the micro usb connector during flight and this doesnt affect it, it doesnt move around anyway whilst my phone is firmly in place so I doubt this is the cause.

Ive reinstalled the App to no avail. Turning everything off and on again will restore the connection for a short while.

Is there something else i could try, I havent used the drone for more than 2.5 hours total.

I use a Samsung Note 4

TIA
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried to change an original usb cable to connect your device to RC?
Could you please provide a screenshot of the error message here?
2016-12-18
Use props
Plsctt24
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-18 09:07
Have you tried to change an original usb cable to connect your device to RC?
Could you please provide a screenshot of the error message here?

No ive only used the original cable provided. There is no error message, the app just goes black and says disconnected across the top
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Plsctt24 Posted at 2016-12-18 09:47
No ive only used the original cable provided. There is no error message, the app just goes black and says disconnected across the top

What device are you using?
Here is the list of recommended devices.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-12-18
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-18 16:17
What device are you using?
Here is the list of recommended devices.

I had exactly the same thing (iPhone 6 Plus) and I tried another lightning lead connected to the bottom USB port and it worked fine ever since.

From other peoples posts it does seem to be a lightning lead/controller port issue.

DJI Ken are you able to escalate this internally because it is very frustrating and the fact that another lead in the USB port resolves it does suggest a genuine problem.

I have emailed DJI Support but any escalation may help to get it resolved once and for all.

Thanks
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 2016-12-18 14:10
I had exactly the same thing (iPhone 6 Plus) and I tried another lightning lead connected to the bottom USB port and it worked fine ever since.

From other peoples posts it does seem to be a lightning lead/controller port issue.

If one cable works and another does not, I'm thinking it's the cable and not the port.
But I did pass on your concern.
2016-12-18
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 03:21
If one cable works and another does not, I'm thinking it's the cable and not the port.
But I did pass on your concern.

No you misunderstood. The other cable was plugged into the bottom USB port on the controller not on the side. Is the port on the side of the controller a proprietary DJI one or Mini/Micro USB? To me it looks to square to be one of the USB standards so I don't have a cable to test this.
Also it seems to affect quite a few iPhone users so, to me, it suggests possibly more than just the cable and maybe something to do with the fact that lightning leads have a chip inside (MFI?) which may be causing some problems, just my opinion though.
2016-12-19
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 2016-12-19 11:15
No you misunderstood. The other cable was plugged into the bottom USB port on the controller not on the side. Is the port on the side of the controller a proprietary DJI one or Mini/Micro USB? To me it looks to square to be one of the USB standards so I don't have a cable to test this

CFG,

It's a standard micro USB cable even though it looks different. It's just like this cable.

Jerry

Micro USB
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 2016-12-19 10:15
No you misunderstood. The other cable was plugged into the bottom USB port on the controller not on the side. Is the port on the side of the controller a proprietary DJI one or Mini/Micro USB? To me it looks to square to be one of the USB standards so I don't have a cable to test this

It is shaped differently but any standard Micro USC cable will plug into it.
2016-12-19
Use props
thebmallory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50466 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hijack this thread, DJI-Ken (or anyone for that matter) can you confirm that any of the Android device listed before can run DJI GO 4 without a single crash ? I'm so sick of the app crashing on a Google pixel (cannot perform a single flight without one) that I'm actually considering shelling out another 300€ for a compatible phone.
2016-12-19
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 17:19
It is shaped differently but any standard Micro USC cable will plug into it.

Just did a search and it seems like the only way to get a lightning to micro USB connection is with an adapter which is more expensive than the DJI lightning lead.

I hope DJI will therefore provide me with a replacement lead but there seems to be quite a few people that have this same issue so I am not convinced that a replacement lead will fix the issue and I am therefore not prepared to pay £18 to determine if this is the problem or not.

Unfortunately the reply from DJI was not great as they are saying they will look into the issue.

Is there an option to create polls on these forums as I would be very interested to see how many people are affected by this.
2016-12-19
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-19 17:19
CFG,

It's a standard micro USB cable even though it looks different. It's just like this cable.

OK but that one you linked to is Micro USB to standard USB I would need Micro USB to lightning and it seems the only way to do this is with an adapter which is quite expensive
2016-12-19
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 2016-12-19 16:01
OK but that one you linked to is Micro USB to standard USB I would need Micro USB to lightning and it seems the only way to do this is with an adapter which is quite expensive

CFG,

You are correct. I was only trying to show that the standard micro USB end will plug into the side of the controller.

Jerry
2016-12-19
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-19 22:05
CFG,

You are correct. I was only trying to show that the standard micro USB end will plug into the side of the controller.

I appreciate the input, apologies if it came across a little rude
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 2016-12-19 14:59
Just did a search and it seems like the only way to get a lightning to micro USB connection is with an adapter which is more expensive than the DJI lightning lead.

I hope DJI will therefore provide me with a replacement lead but there seems to be quite a few people that have this same issue so I am not convinced that a replacement lead will fix the issue and I am therefore not prepared to pay £18 to determine if this is the problem or not.

Can you explain exactly what you are trying to do.
You are saying the bottom port works with you iPhone but the short lightning cable that was provided with the Mavic is not working ?
If that is the issue, do you have a Android device that you can test one of the other short supplies cables.
2016-12-19
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 22:20
Can you explain exactly what you are trying to do.
You are saying the bottom port works with you iPhone but the short lightning cable that was provided with the Mavic is not working ?
If that is the issue, do you have a Android device that you can test one of the other short supplies cables.

Absolutely correct, bottom port works fine with a relatively cheap USB to Lightning cable.

Unfortunately I don't have access to an Android device but was hoping that peole on here could respond to let us know if they have the same issue with Android etc.

From the threads I have seen so far it does seem to be an Apple device issue.

I will see if I can get hold of an Android device to see what happens but I have also created a new thread on here to ask forum members to share their experiences and see if there is any defining factor
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 2016-12-19 15:31
Absolutely correct, bottom port works fine with a relatively cheap USB to Lightning cable.

Unfortunately I don't have access to an Android device but was hoping that peole on here could respond to let us know if they have the same issue with Android etc.

I have several IOS and Android devices and and have flown several Mavics and have not experienced an issue with the short cable.
Do you get the ding and charging notification for a quick second?
2016-12-19
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 22:37
I have several IOS and Android devices and and have flown several Mavics and have not experienced an issue with the short cable.
Do you get the ding and charging notification for a quick second?

I can't say that I have noticed that notification but next time I take the Mavic out I will use the short cable and watch for that.

Maybe it is just a faulty cable that I have (maybe even a bad batch which is why others seem to get the same issue) but if that is the case DJI need to provide me a replacement as I don't want to spend £18 to replace something that is only a month or so old and should be covered under the warranty.

Not having a go at you by the way as I know you are just trying to help and I really appreciate the quick responses
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 2016-12-19 15:42
I can't say that I have noticed that notification but next time I take the Mavic out I will use the short cable and watch for that.

Maybe it is just a faulty cable that I have (maybe even a bad batch which is why others seem to get the same issue) but if that is the case DJI need to provide me a replacement as I don't want to spend £18 to replace something that is only a month or so old and should be covered under the warranty.

Contact support and see about getting another cable.
2016-12-19
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Same here using an S6 Edge and go 4. Two reboots and I got control back but I won't be using go 4 again until the next upgrade.
Edit. This happenned using poi also.

EDIT 2 PLEASE IGNORE, WRONG THREAD!
2016-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules