Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-20 03:04
I am awaiting for the UPS sticker which they said will take 1 to 2 business day I just wonder why it takes that long to make or send a sticker, when I at work when I am packing orders to someone I put the information manually and create a sticker in just a minute.  I am sorry but just kind of makes me think, how can a multi billion dollar company have such low sources to get things done in the RMA dept, the logistic Dept, customer service dept, A company this big should have pretty fast service like Apple, or any other major international company.. The company I work for is a national company but we do a lot of international orders for mountain expeditions, where I work in the logistic internet sales warehouse, where I do all the shipping through out the world for the internet sales we work pretty damn fast, and we are probably a company you never heard of if I told you the name... Maybe its just me but there could be a lot of improvements in this company that has grown in 10 years into a multi-billion company......

If you were in the US I could get the shipping label sent to you quickly. But if the NL repair facility said it will take 1-2 days, then I'm sorry but you just need to wait for it.
2016-12-20
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-20 23:04
If you were in the US I could get the shipping label sent to you quickly. But if the NL repair facility said it will take 1-2 days, then I'm sorry but you just need to wait for it.

Yeah thats one thing I missed about living in the States that you get freaking faster service than in Europe.. For sure my friend For sure.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-20 11:06
Yeah thats one thing I missed about living in the States that you get freaking faster service than in Europe.. For sure my friend For sure.

I am sorry about that, although DJI worldwide is progressing all the time.
2016-12-20
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-21 02:07

I hope so, remember when you told me to send it back if I was not satisfied with the way that cable was kinking I should of listen to my instinct and sent it back for a replacement because I did not activated the craft till Dec 1 even though it was in my possession since Nov 17 I just did not wanted to fly it in the states especially in NYC when, it is highly no fly zone regulated by the FAA, and flying indoor is no fun so I waited till I got to Spain, This past week on thursday it made 15 days which by saturday just a couple of days later that cable fail, but I am happy it fail while on the ground it would be worst if it fell from the sky... I just wish maybe they could do an exchange  instead, I hope they show them the video of what I try to explain that its not just the motor its the cable that feeds the electrical juice and probably some other components like an antenna or something because it was giving me funny glitchy feed back and I think it was mainly because this cable was failing....
2016-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-20 18:07

I've used European service in Netherlands it's an excellent service from start to finish..
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-20 14:01
I hope so, remember when you told me to send it back if I was not satisfied with the way that cable was kinking I should of listen to my instinct and sent it back for a replacement because I did not activated the craft till Dec 1 even though it was in my possession since Nov 17 I just did not wanted to fly it in the states especially in NYC when, it is highly no fly zone regulated by the FAA, and flying indoor is no fun so I waited till I got to Spain, This past week on thursday it made 15 days which by saturday just a couple of days later that cable fail, but I am happy it fail while on the ground it would be worst if it fell from the sky... I just wish maybe they could do an exchange  instead, I hope they show them the video of what I try to explain that its not just the motor its the cable that feeds the electrical juice and probably some other components like an antenna or something because it was giving me funny glitchy feed back and I think it was mainly because this cable was failing....

I don't know if they'll do a repair or exchange.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-20 14:10
I've used European service in Netherlands it's an excellent service from start to finish..

Thanks for posting your experience.
2016-12-20
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-21 06:21
I don't know if they'll do a repair or exchange.

well a repair for sure if they don't do a repair what is the point of buying a drone that has a problem coming out of the assembly line. I am hoping a repair for sure. If they cannot exchange it.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-21 02:27
well a repair for sure if they don't do a repair what is the point of buying a drone that has a problem coming out of the assembly line. I am hoping a repair for sure. If they cannot exchange it.

I was meaning that I was not sure if they will repair it or exchange the aircraft.
Regardless, they will take care of it.
2016-12-21
Use props
Steve.P
New

I just encountered the same ESC error! Worst possible timing too, I had just arrived at the Great Wall of China and was about to fly over it! (Back home now and no chance to go back for many years)

I did notice the same kinking of the wire in that right front arm when I first received the Mavic, I guess I should have listened to my instincts and had something done about it!
My experience with DJI to get the problem resolved is proving to be nothing short of frustrating now! In the 6 days since I first contacted DJI I have only heard from them once!
2017-1-2
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Steve.P Posted at 2017-1-2 18:17
I just encountered the same ESC error! Worst possible timing too, I had just arrived at the Great Wall of China and was about to fly over it! (Back home now and no chance to go back for many years)

I did notice the same kinking of the wire in that right front arm when I first received the Mavic, I guess I should have listened to my instincts and had something done about it!

Where do you live Steve, because I sent mine in to Netherlands and I had this past week all the repair done to it yesterday I got the notification that my mavic is on its way to my house.. If you live in the states you should call them directly they have a new online service only in the USA that you could do all the process of sending in your mavic, Mine was a free repair, it fell into warranty, even though I do not have the DJI refresh insurance, they took the responsibility of fixing it because, like I said in the video and in this forum section that its a manufacturing problem... I have to say DJI has been very good in showing me how responsive and resposible they have been with my case.... I am very please with the way DJI has handle this case and I give it thumbs up. Plus the turn around has been pretty sweet even though its on its way I will post the update on how this repair has been done.
Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 4.18.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 4.12.24 AM.png
2017-1-2
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-17 20:45
Thanks again for the reply. i appreciate your confidence.
Enjoy the weekend.

Just want to update you on my mavic as of yesterday its in bound coming back to me, the repair was done under warranty, no DJI refresh insurance, its a manufacturing problem and its more complex they had to change the ESC controller board and the entire arm and I think you should have your sent just to be on the safe side.
2017-1-3
Use props
Steve.P
New

I'm in Australia, responses from the support email address have been extremely slow so far!
I think I am finally making some headway now, if only they could give my address to the courier in the correct format that I gave it in (They changed my city and street name around)

Hopefully once they receive it all goes smoothly from there!
2017-1-3
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Steve.P Posted at 2017-1-3 14:52
I'm in Australia, responses from the support email address have been extremely slow so far!
I think I am finally making some headway now, if only they could give my address to the courier in the correct format that I gave it in (They changed my city and street name around)

I think for australia it is back to China and I think they would give you a DHL sticker or UPS I really don't know how the process is in Australia but it is much slower I think than Europe and USA, Canada.
2017-1-3
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Steve.P Posted at 2017-1-3 14:52

I just got mine back and its is flawless I think you should send yours in soon as possible... But they did a good job in fixing it they change the ESC flight controller board and the defective cable but in reality they change the entire arm because the Motor are solder to the arm or something like this. So if a motor fails they change the arm not the motor.
2017-1-9
Use props
Steve.P
New

watuse Posted at 2017-1-9 11:04
I just got mine back and its is flawless I think you should send yours in soon as possible... But they did a good job in fixing it they change the ESC flight controller board and the defective cable but in reality they change the entire arm because the Motor are solder to the arm or something like this. So if a motor fails they change the arm not the motor.

According to the tracking from the courier it was delivered to DJI Monday morning.
They obviously haven't unpacked it yet as the "Repair Progress Inquiry" page on the DJI site has yet to update as being received.

Before I shipped it off I also filmed what was happening to the wires in that arm. See my video - looks identical!
2017-1-9
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Steve.P Posted at 2017-1-9 18:55
According to the tracking from the courier it was delivered to DJI Monday morning.
They obviously haven't unpacked it yet as the "Repair Progress Inquiry" page on the DJI site has yet to update as being received.

wow your was worst than mine it was really kinking badly, I got mine return yesterday and did some testing and it flies really well I think even better than when it came from the manufacture. The cable still makes a weird sound though but there is no kinking like it was before. Also no tension either but yeah they should cover you if you don't have any crashes or any anomaly from your part they would compare the flight recorder of the craft with yours from the DJI flight log you upload from your remote. Like I said it should fall into warranty and that cable of yours is really bad... When I first got the craft back yesterday I hear the cable protective sheet make that crackling sound and I look at it and it does not seem to kink but every time I fold and unfold the arm it makes this sound from the protective cable sheet, but it does not seem to kink at all I wonder why on that particular arm they tend to make it with this cable kind of looking like it sticks out.... But they would do the inspection quick if you send it to the one in Holland if you send it to the one in China probably its the same speed service. Mind you the arms from and back the motors are attach to it they cannot be replace by leaving the arms.. and the flight ESC controller board is located on the top part of the craft I think Ifixt has a video dismantling the craft...... but yes the legs are all one piece if you damage a motor or a leg they would have to replace that entire part same goes with the gimbal I think if you mess the entire gimbal they take the entire part off. Oh I forgot to mention they would inspect the craft entirely I remember taking off a sticker on top of the gimbal and they happen have put it back on and so they put the stickers of the arms also basically they would check your craft entirely..... So no worries man I hope you get yours quick and that gets solved......
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules