No SD Card Error Phantom 4 Pro
11910 16 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dtrout
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5354 ft
United States

I just got my Phantom 4 Pro and I have done the latest update on the controller and aircraft. When I go to format the SD card it says there is no card. I have tried the one that came with the drone as well as another card that should be compatible. Should I format the card in the computer first or is something else going on?
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try to format SD card on your PC firstly and then put it in again.
Then please check whether it will be recognized or not.
2016-12-18
Use props
BFS
New
Australia

I have the same issue only the one that comes with it works for me.. but my new 64GB lexmar professional U3 UHS-II 1000x gets ''Unknown SD Card Error" in RED.. and can't be read.. computer reads it fine..
2016-12-23
Use props
mreichlin
New

Switzerland

Same here. Lexar 1800x 64GB. It worked for me for a few shots, then it stopped working. I tried to reformat it on my mac several times (FAT32), but now I just get a sd card error. Feeling stupid for buying a new/fast/expensive card - shouldn't it work with the p4p?
2016-12-25
Use props
Dtrout
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5354 ft
United States

Very odd but i got it to work. I turned off the phantom and put the card in and it has been working great now. Maybe something happened during the update with the card?
2016-12-28
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

same here with a PNY 32 Go. No problem till now, then suddenly "sdcard unknown error". It works on my computer, my other 16 Go scards works on P4P. Don't understand
2017-1-2
Use props
Noobdrone
New
Flight distance : 6050 ft
Finland

RikDingo Posted at 2017-1-2 09:16
same here with a PNY 32 Go. No problem till now, then suddenly "sdcard unknown error". It works on my computer, my other 16 Go scards works on P4P. Don't understand

Same issue here with Lexar X1800 64G UHS-II card. Have formated in OSX and WIN 10.
Not working get the Unknown SD card error.  
2017-1-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There have been a number of reports of Lexar cards not working in the aircraft. Try a Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro card.
2017-1-5
Use props
mreichlin
New

Switzerland

Hmm, paid 80$ for that card, and i guess, this should be fixed in a software update! I'm gonna wait and see.
2017-1-7
Use props
Pierrot78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36716 ft
  • >>>
France

Same here with the stock Panasonic which was included with the drone.
Sometimes it's OK sometimes it's not seen, or unknown, or can't be formated.
2017-1-7
Use props
fans0a4549c5
New
United States

I have been having similar issues with sd cards.  My 64 gb sandisk extreme that is recommended by DJI will not be recognized by the camera at all, so I think it is having a problem with larger cards.  As far as smaller cards are concerned, the only cards that have worked are brand new cards that I rolled something on before formatting in the phantom.  I say this because this is what I did with the card that came with the camera and it has been working fine.  After the 64 gb failed I bought two more cards, 1 16 gb and 1 32 gb with identical read and write speeds.  I put in the 16 gb and the camera recognized it, but it said format recommended.  So I formatted the card in the phantom and now that card will no longer be recognized by the camera.  I put the 32 gb card in and instead of formatting I just rolled a short clip.  After rolling the clip, I was able to shoot and format with the card seamlessly.  So I'm not 100 percent sure on this, but there seems to be some error where you need a brand new card and to roll before formatting for it to work.  At least this has been the result for me and I know after many painstaking experiences how little help DJI support is I figured I'd let you know my temporary solution.  
2017-1-7
Use props
daveypoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328176 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here.  Something happened witht he new firmware.  Cards that I have been using for months suddenly have errors.  The all work perfectly everywhere else.  I'm also getting video interference if the card is inserted.  When its removed no interference.......
2017-1-20
Use props
kelvinmorton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 380436 ft
Australia

Same here - I just bought 2 new 16Gb cards and get a 'capacity error' message.  The original card (a 16Gb Sony) still works but the new ones don't, even after formatting them on the PC.
2017-2-20
Use props
fans5feea5ec
New
United States

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? I have a brand new P4P which will not recognize any SD card including the one that came with it
2017-9-6
Use props
happidrons
lvl.1
Spain

Hi, i have the same problem, my sd card doesn't works, SD Card Unknown Error. I format via pc and via dji go app, but always say the same, error. any solution?
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

happidrons Posted at 2017-10-13 01:23
Hi, i have the same problem, my sd card doesn't works, SD Card Unknown Error. I format via pc and via dji go app, but always say the same, error. any solution?

Do you use the original SD card? The performance can not be ensured as some SD cards have not been fully tested.
2017-10-13
Use props
happidrons
lvl.1
Spain

Yep im using the original card from P4P,  I have used it more than once, and I have not had any problems since July. And now the problem appears, I have formatted from the computer and no problems.  and I can use it, but the problem comes when I enter it in p4p and it tells me sd card unknow error, and performs a failed format .
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules