Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic sonars making strange noises? **RESOLVED**
1687 12 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

So I just got my mavic back from RMA and after updating firmware and making sure everything is up to date and charged, I powered it up and can hear a vibrating sound from the sonars. The sound in the video is extremely loud for some reason but in reality it's a lot less noticeable. Also, when the front arms unfold the wire cover rubs against the hard shell body and makes a noise. Not sure if this is gonna be a problem down the road. Any advice is appreciated. I won't be RMAing again. If it's another defect (first one was a camera defect) then it's getting returned.
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

This is the arm wire issue.
2016-12-17
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

That's how sonar works...  Sound waves.  You're camera phone is just able to pick it up better than your naked ears.  

TLDR:  This is completely normal.
2016-12-17
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-17 08:16
https://youtu.be/cDnU3zgXhRo

This is the arm wire issue.

It looks like there's a little more slack in your wiring than others I've seen, but that loom is there to keep things from getting chaffed and worn...  You'll be fine.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The sonar is working fine, it's supposed to make that sound.
If you use one of those tapeless electronic tape measures you'll hear the same sound, that's how it measures distance.
As far as the sound your hearing when opening the arms, I too have that sound and I don't think it's a big deal. it's just barely touching the braided wire covering.
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

Schwavic Posted at 2016-12-18 00:32
That's how sonar works...  Sound waves.  You're camera phone is just able to pick it up better than your naked ears.  

TLDR:  This is completely normal.

Would you be willing to post a video of yours?
I can hear the sound (albeit less) without the phone. Can you hear sonar normally?
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

I should not that I disabled the downward vision position system and it still makes an audible sound.
2016-12-17
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-17 08:40
Would you be willing to post a video of yours?
I can hear the sound (albeit less) without the phone. Can you hear sonar normally?

It's completely normal...  I can hear it just fine in person, and it's louder in video.  There are tons of videos where you can hear this (particularly in unboxing videos when people are videoing close up).

2016-12-17
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Here, I did a quick video for you...  Respond when you see it, so I can take it back down.
**Video Removed**
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 09:40
The sonar is working fine, it's supposed to make that sound.
If you use one of those tapeless electronic tape measures you'll hear the same sound, that's how it measures distance.
As far as the sound your hearing when opening the arms, I too have that sound and I don't think it's a big deal. it's just barely touching the braided wire covering.

Thanks for confirming Ken.
I appreciate the quick response from everyone.
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

Schwavic Posted at 2016-12-17 10:04
Here, I did a quick video for you...  Respond when you see it, so I can take it back down.

https://youtu.be/ldxY-VcL9DM

Thanks for the help
2016-12-17
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Sure thing...
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem at all, have a great weekend.
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules