SD card in controller....?
1001 6 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMcDonald84
lvl.1

United States

Should I keep a separate card in my controller......? This is my first drone. I shot video for the first time yesterday and noticed it was saving videos to the P4P+ remote as well as the SD card that's in my Phanton 4 Pro.
2016-12-17
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

It saves a cached version of the video at a lower resolution onto the controller, it does the same to your phone if you didn't have the pro+.

I just got my + so I haven't had much time to play with it but I'm wondering at what point it saves to the SD card or if there is a different purpose for that on the RC.  
2016-12-17
Use props
JMcDonald84
lvl.1

United States

Yea idk.....I know we have to update the RC from the SD card
2016-12-17
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

JMcDonald84 Posted at 2016-12-17 11:36
Yea idk.....I know we have to update the RC from the SD card

The manual says it's just for additional storage and can accept up to 128gb. Maybe if you were to use the editor on board you might want that for projects?

You don't need to update the RC through the SD card.
2016-12-17
Use props
fans321a2895
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5403383 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have only started messing with mine.  If you take the card from the drone with vids and pictures the album in the app will not see what is on the card.  If you take that card out and move the files to the root then the app can see and playback the files for review.  Kind of defeats that purpose if you have to move the files.  Also does not play back the  H.265 Vids, not supported.  Also most of the messages that pop up are still in Chinese.
2016-12-17
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Need to choose "English" under set up... Card out! no data except if you allow cashing.
2016-12-17
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah id like a more detailed answer from DJI on exactly what the card is useful for in the RC than just "extra storage". the manual is not clear to really answer this.
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules