Calibrate Vision System without pc/mac
3461 7 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrashTestDummie
New

Netherlands

Owning neither a pc or a mac renders me unable to calibrate the vision system or download flight data.

Does anyone know a solution to this, obviously I know I can do it at a friends house but that's not really what you want going up and down to a friend every time.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry, you cannot do the VPS without a computer. Have you tried to reinstall the DJI assistant from your own computer?
2016-12-18
Use props
CrashTestDummie
New

Netherlands

Thank you for your reply DJIMINDY,

Did you read my post ?

"Owning neither a pc or a mac renders me unable to calibrate the vision system or download flight data"

So I didn't have a problem installing the Assistent on my own computer since I don't have one. So I don't understand your answer at all really.

So to be really portable you would also have to carry your pc around with you ?

Are you expecting an adrold version of the assistent anytime soon. Because I don't really want to buy a computer and a new compatible android device.

Needing a computer voids the portability of the system imo
2016-12-18
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

CrashTestDummie Posted at 2016-12-18 15:30
Thank you for your reply DJIMINDY,

Did you read my post ?

You could have meant you had a Linux computer.

Either way you shouldn't have to calibrate the vision sensors unless something goes wrong like a crash. It's not like the compass calibration where you might do it when you move to a new area. So just do it the first time at a friend's and move on.
2016-12-18
Use props
CrashTestDummie
New

Netherlands

Thank you for your reply.
I guess she could have understood it that way but then reinstalling wouldn't have made much of a difference.  
It doesn't keep altitude and reads wrong altitude so it needs to be calibrated. Sure I could do it at a friend but how about when I travel and crash there.
Also how about flight data ?
Thanks
2016-12-18
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

CrashTestDummie Posted at 2016-12-18 16:10
Thank you for your reply.
I guess she could have understood it that way but then reinstalling wouldn't have made much of a difference.  
It doesn't keep altitude and reads wrong altitude so it needs to be calibrated. Sure I could do it at a friend but how about when I travel and crash there.

Certain things you'll just need a computer for, but they aren't things you'd need to do often. You can get part of the flight logs through the GO app, but the in depth ones I believe need to be pulled from the drone with a computer. I haven't done that yet so I'm not positive.
2016-12-18
Use props
DHTVPro
lvl.1
United States

I’ve been
2019-7-8
Use props
DHTVPro
lvl.1
United States

en flying p4p for a few years and saw the vision sensor error for the first time. I was trying to take off from a boat ins the water. So it’s not just required after crashes. IMs on. A shoot ion Lake Michigan and I left my laptop at home. I thinks I’m hosed.  a
2019-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules