The App Thinks I have an Inspire?
2876 10 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomBearcat
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I just recently installed the new firmware and tried to connect it with my Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android version 6.0.1. When starting the app, it will not allow me to see the camera of the phantom pro, but it will, however, let me click the camera button of the Inspire. The trouble is I don't have an Inspire. When I touch camera, it shows the HUD, but it's disconnected. Apparantly, though, I can take video, because there are video files of me working with the darn thing. I also tried it on an older galaxy tablet running Android 4.2.2 and it does the same thing. Any thoughts?
2016-12-17
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

My experience is that if the incorrect bird is shown then the app has not connected to the RC.
2016-12-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Try reinstalling the app, To both of your devices too.
Perhaps you may have gotten a bad/corrupt firmware update file.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-17
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

Is the led on the RC red or green?
2016-12-17
Use props
PKPhantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275276 ft
United States

Had the exact same problem. Link the RC to the Craft. Your problem will be solved. Here is a general video showing how to pair the two up
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VCDgrq6jt7Q
2016-12-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

PKPhantom Posted at 2016-12-17 21:43
Had the exact same problem. Link the RC to the Craft. Your problem will be solved. Here is a general video showing how to pair the two up

To post a video link from your mobile device:
https://m. youtube.com/watch?v=VCDgrq6jt7Q
Remove the m. and replace with www.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know have you got it sorted out as the methods mentioned above?
If problem persists, please help confirm you aircraft model, and the firmware version for AC and RC.
2016-12-18
Use props
PhantomBearcat
lvl.1
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-12-17 21:22
Is the led on the RC red or green?

The led on the RC is red. Scratch that, the led is green.
2016-12-18
Use props
PhantomBearcat
lvl.1
United States

PKPhantom Posted at 2016-12-17 22:43

Well, the problem is that when I start the app, I can't get in to relink. The only camera I can click on is the inspire. The controller seems to be connected though, because I can tilt the camera from the RC.  I can't seem to find any help on the led indicator on the side of the craft where you reset the link. Mine flashes red and green and is sometimes always red. The led on the controller is steady red.
2016-12-18
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

I usually turn on the RC, connect the cable to my tablet, and then power on the tablet (not just wake up from sleep mode but power up from off). It always connects then. If I wake it from sleep it usually does not. Seems to be an issue with Android v6. Alternatively you may need to try different settings for USB mode on your phone.
2016-12-18
Use props
Tekkens
New

United States

Here is the solution that worked for me:
Equipment: Phantom 3 Refurb, Android Moto G4 Plus

Problem: When running the DJI Go App, the only device with the Camera button active was the Inspire - would not recognize my Phantom 3.

Solution: I was getting a warning from my WiFi connected to the Phantom 3 that stated "Connected, no Internet". Don't ignore this warning. Check the box to stay connected but ignore the no internet. Save that for all future warnings.

Opened the DJI Go app and it recognized my equipment as the Phantom 3!!
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules