P4P+ Remote Control problems
1486 15 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc07d99b8
lvl.1

United States

There are two problems with the P4P+. (Confirmed by support)

1. You cant transfer (download) images to phone by connecting  it directly to the remote nor do you have the ability to connect to it via wifi.

2. This means that you cant use the apps you bought before like litchi or autopilot since you cant  connect to it.
2016-12-17
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

That's a bummer.  Was hoping to do photo mosaics but without a pre-programmed flight path it does not sound possible?
2016-12-20
Use props
fansc07d99b8
lvl.1

United States

@beammeupsco you can use the draw feature on dji app
2016-12-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc07d99b8 Posted at 2016-12-20 16:06
@beammeupsco you can use the draw feature on dji app

Aloha fansc07,

If you have a tablet from the P4 or P3 series, you are supposed to be able to use the USB cable to run DJI GO 4 using that USB connected tablet.  The display that comes with the P4 Pro+ (plus) will blank out and then you just use the previous tablet.  That tablet will be able to use third party apps, like Litchi, and fully operate the DJI GO 4 app.  (Do be aware that Litchi was just upgraded for DJI GO 4 and now sells for $22.99 on iTunes.)

Yes, there is a block out of connections to other devices, but the SD card is more than capable of transferring any photos or videos recorded.  It can also handle other files.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BeamMeUpScotty Posted at 2016-12-20 07:30
That's a bummer.  Was hoping to do photo mosaics but without a pre-programmed flight path it does not sound possible?

Aloha Agent 86 / Kirk,

Please see what I posted for fansc07 in post #4.  Hopefully that can work for you.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-20
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-21 00:09
Aloha fansc07,

If you have a tablet from the P4 or P3 series, you are supposed to be able to use the USB cable to run DJI GO 4 using that USB connected tablet.  The display that comes with the P4 Pro+ (plus) will blank out and then you just use the previous tablet.  That tablet will be able to use third party apps, like Litchi, and fully operate the DJI GO 4 app.  (Do be aware that Litchi was just upgraded for DJI GO 4 and now sells for $22.99 on iTunes.)

Cetacean, you talk about tablets being able to run GO4 and connect to the Pro+ rc and run it. Is this particular to a tablet or a certain way for them to connect to it?

I've tried to connect my phone to the + rc with no luck, it just connects to it for media transfers and only from my phone to the + rc. If you know a way that my phone would actually connect with the + rc please explain how because I'd love to use Litchi with it.  
2016-12-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-20 20:23
Cetacean, you talk about tablets being able to run GO4 and connect to the Pro+ rc and run it. Is this particular to a tablet or a certain way for them to connect to it?

I've tried to connect my phone to the + rc with no luck, it just connects to it for media transfers and only from my phone to the + rc. If you know a way that my phone would actually connect with the + rc please explain how because I'd love to use Litchi with it.

Aloha trance,

What I had read is that if you can use your tablet with a P4, you can use it with a P4 Pro or P4 Pro+ (plus).  It requires the USB connection and the stock P4 Pro+ (plus) screen will shut off.  But, the tablet has to have 2 GB RAM and 2 GHz processors (multiples).  The DJI GO 4 app is real demanding.  You also have to reset your defaults like Natalia shows in her thread.  I think even iOS devices can do it to.  Now, I am just repeating what has been written.  I only just ordered my P4 Pro.

Hope this helps!  If it works let me know!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Since the P4 Pro+ is a built in screen and not a run of the mill mobile device, it's only purpose is to use the Go app. 3rd party apps would not be feasible. The P4 Pro, that uses your own mobile device, wouldn't have limitations to using 3rd party apps like Litchi.
2016-12-21
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-21 01:30
Aloha trance,

What I had read is that if you can use your tablet with a P4, you can use it with a P4 Pro or P4 Pro+ (plus).  It requires the USB connection and the stock P4 Pro+ (plus) screen will shut off.  But, the tablet has to have 2 GB RAM and 2 GHz processors (multiples).  The DJI GO 4 app is real demanding.  You also have to reset your defaults like Natalia shows in her thread.  I think even iOS devices can do it to.  Now, I am just repeating what has been written.  I only just ordered my P4 Pro.

My phone is definitely faster than those tablet specs but was unable to make it work, GO4 runs fine using it with my Mavic. I realize you're just regurgitating something you read elsewhere and don't have the Pro+ to test and figure out on your own, but if you find someone who has actually done this I'd love to know how.
2016-12-21
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-21 14:13
Aloha Agent 86 / Kirk,

Please see what I posted for fansc07 in post #4.  Hopefully that can work for you.

Your too funny!  Thanks!  How do you know I'm not 99?
2016-12-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-21 03:51
My phone is definitely faster than those tablet specs but was unable to make it work, GO4 runs fine using it with my Mavic. I realize you're just regurgitating something you read elsewhere and don't have the Pro+ to test and figure out on your own, but if you find someone who has actually done this I'd love to know how.

Aloha trance,

We have Jamie on this thread.  He just commented on this issue.  I will ask him directly now.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-20 22:21
Since the P4 Pro+ is a built in screen and not a run of the mill mobile device, it's only purpose is to use the Go app. 3rd party apps would not be feasible. The P4 Pro, that uses your own mobile device, wouldn't have limitations to using 3rd party apps like Litchi.

Aloha Jamie,

Trance and I have a question that I thought was answered weeks ago when the P4 Pro + (plus) first became available.  A DJI Team member posted that the P4 Pro + (plus) will run a different tablet using a USB cable as long as the tablet has the proper app.  We later learned that this was the new DJI GO 4 app.

So, the question is; If we have another tablet or phone hooked up to the P4 Pro + (plus) remote controller and the tablet is running the DJI GO 4 app, will the DJI GO 4 app be able to work?  We know and expect the built-in screen will be disabled and the defaults may have to be reset (as noted by Natalia).  But, can it be made to work so third party software can work like it does on the P4 Pro with third part devices?  Does the USB-C standard come into play with this?

Mahalo in advance for help with this not-so-easy question!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BeamMeUpScotty Posted at 2016-12-21 05:10
Your too funny!  Thanks!  How do you know I'm not 99?

Aloha Agent 86 / Kirk,

It is simple really, 99 is not referenced in your moniker or present in the avatar photo.  It was as easy as using my shoe for a phone call!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-21
Use props
fansc07d99b8
lvl.1

United States

I have my p4p+ and tried connecting my iphone7 to it and it did not work. I called support and they said it was not possible.
2016-12-22
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The USB port seems only to be a media drive. But I don't even know how it works, you can't really move files in the system. They locked it down a bit too much and created a dysfunctional product. Another example is if you want to view the manual from the app you can't beaue there is no pdf viewer app installed. I'm hoping for a major update soon that will clear all this up.

And please allow us to add other apps.
2016-12-22
Use props
fansc07d99b8
lvl.1

United States

Agree! SUPER UPSET I CANT USE MY APPS!
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules