Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Baburh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 229265 ft
Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 20:43
I'm sorry that you lost your aircraft.
If you are flying a mile away, the RTH should definitely not been set to hover. That is just asking for a loss of aircraft. Especially since you are overflying a city with tons of interference.
So you r experience was not a fly away, but improper setting of RTH.

i do not mean to hijack this thread with my problems but i find it very much relevant:

i have a brand new mavic pro and i have little air time with it. i flew it only one afternoon. roughly 2 hours of airtime with 3 batteries, charging the 2 in the car while flying with the other... the setting was a empty, endless beach. not one single soul around, no buildings, almost nothing but nature.  a very experienced friend helped me out and he flew his p4 along as well.

mavic was rock solid in the air despite relatively strong winter winds (15-20knots) and very responsive. perfect! as i built confidence my friend encouraged me to fly the mavic far away. he was sending his p4 2km away and bringing photos back. i tried the same and was ultimately very dissappointed:

my mavic pro can hardly fly past 150m(500ft) away. every time it's 120m away the controller signal is weak and later is completely lost. i tried all the basics. antenna are parallel and roughly at 90degrees and have clear line of sight. batteries fully charged, firmware up to date. we shut the p4 and its controller down, suspecting interference but saw no difference. gps signal was perfect at all times so i never worried of losing it, rth brought it back every time. this still was a very disappointing start.

comments? suggestions?
2017-2-28
Use props
tobiasjhpersson
lvl.1

Sweden

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-18 02:14
Dji wont replace your drone obviously. The drone lost signal and reacted how you told it to ...whats the problem ? All rc vehicles lose connection in certain conditions ... Lucky the mavic can return home .... Unless you turn that function off ofcourse.

If this is all you have to contribute with, maybe keep it to yourself is a good future strategy for future threads. The guy just lost his Mavic, the least he needs is to hear a smart ass showing off
2017-2-28
Use props
tobiasjhpersson
lvl.1

Sweden

Awesome dude!
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Baburh Posted at 2017-2-28 09:22
i do not mean to hijack this thread with my problems but i find it very much relevant:

i have a brand new mavic pro and i have little air time with it. i flew it only one afternoon. roughly 2 hours of airtime with 3 batteries, charging the 2 in the car while flying with the other... the setting was a empty, endless beach. not one single soul around, no buildings, almost nothing but nature.  a very experienced friend helped me out and he flew his p4 along as well.

Since you are orientating the antennas correctly and the signal gets weak at a close distance in an open area, I would contact support and send it in for evaluation.
Your are on the latest firmware correct?
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-2-28
Use props
Baburh
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-28 09:56
Since you are orientating the antennas correctly and the signal gets weak at a close distance in an open area, I would contact support and send it in for evaluation.
Your are on the latest firmware correct?
http://www.dji.com/support

sure. updated few hours prior to the flight..

does imu/compass calibration or phone model have anything to do with rc control signal loss? read as such on few other places did not make any sense to me.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Baburh Posted at 2017-2-28 13:39
sure. updated few hours prior to the flight..

does imu/compass calibration or phone model have anything to do with rc control signal loss? read as such on few other places did not make any sense to me.

No, those shouldn't make any difference, a non recommended phone may cause video signal loss due to not having enough processing power but the RC signal wouldn't be affected.
You can try to re-bind and see if it helps. Also you can restore the factory settings to the aircraft via the Assistant2.
It may just be something with the RC or also the Mavic.
2017-2-28
Use props
Green Apple
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4098 ft
United States

I have a brand new Mavic, it is not even a week old and today I run into an issue of this thing disconnecting with me being just 5 feet away. Disconnected multiple times good thing the Mavic was at about 6 to 8 feet in the air because I was trying to take a video of our garden so the Mavich didn't have a chance to fly away. This is very disappointing and frankly I'm scared now to fly it above the roof line. Can anyone suggest what could possibly be the cause of the repetitive RC disconnect?
Need to mention that Mavic was updated yesterday with the latest firmware as I was prompted to do.
2017-3-18
Use props
Baburh
lvl.1
Turkey

Green Apple Posted at 2017-3-18 07:20
I have a brand new Mavic, it is not even a week old and today I run into an issue of this thing disconnecting with me being just 5 feet away. Disconnected multiple times good thing the Mavic was at about 6 to 8 feet in the air because I was trying to take a video of our garden so the Mavich didn't have a chance to fly away. This is very disappointing and frankly I'm scared now to fly it above the roof line. Can anyone suggest what could possibly be the cause of the repetitive RC disconnect?
Need to mention that Mavic was updated yesterday with the latest firmware as I was prompted to do.

no matter what i did, i had all the same issues as i mentioned earlier above.

i gave up on my mavic 1 week ago, took it back to the shop. today i m told that their tests show that the remote control is the problem. they opened a case with dji europe (germany) and will wait for their response.

i do not know if it s my luck or dji mavic pro is plaqued with quality control issues. i hope dji does not keep me waiting for weeks before they confirm a replacement.
2017-3-24
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rich32 Posted at 2017-1-30 12:46
Looks like your flight was a little over 2 mile range.

What does it mean by:
Descending. Exited Visual Avoidance System

Flight time: 18m 46s
Altitude: 124.3 ft
Home Distance: 1 ft

Does it mean that it automatically turned off the front sensors?  Why is it programmed to do this before auto landing with battery level problems?
2017-3-24
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

DigiMav Posted at 2016-12-18 09:26
Well I have great news to report. I found her parked in someones driveway without a scratch on her. She was just a little frosty from the overnight stay outdoors.  After reviewing the flight logs I found her within 50 yards of the last reported location. It had auto-landed. Lesson learned for me but I'm still curious as to why I had such a lengthy LOS. The flight logs show it switched into ATTI mode multiple times, satellite positioning errors and it definitely didnt hover in place. It looks to have took off in a south westerly track on its own. Thanks for all the input guys. I need to be a little more diligent with my pre-checks and flight plan.

Thought I found a treasure!
2017-3-24
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Rich32 Posted at 2017-1-30 12:46
Looks like your flight was a little over 2 mile range.

I think he meant 6 miles of travel distance.
His range was about 2.7 miles.
2017-3-24
Use props
Baburh
lvl.1
Turkey

Baburh Posted at 2017-3-24 07:53
no matter what i did, i had all the same issues as i mentioned earlier above.

i gave up on my mavic 1 week ago, took it back to the shop. today i m told that their tests show that the remote control is the problem. they opened a case with dji europe (germany) and will wait for their response.

update:

dji europe accepted to replace the controller with a new one. on my first test flight, i saw over 2.5km distance without a single  second of weak signal / video. i don't need to test limits, this is enough me. i hardly could do 200m with the original controller!!

it took me 3 weeks but that's ok i guess.

i m happy with dji response.

2017-4-9
Use props
LichVegas John
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3215 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-30 13:12
To post a picture, use the Advanced tab and then click on the image icon and you can upload your image.
DJI does not use Healthy Drones as their data is not reliable as they cannot correctly extract the encrypted data.
So a screenshot at your furthest distance is the way to do it.

Who would you recommend Ken?

Thanks

John
2017-5-3
Use props
Korey Warzala
New
Flight distance : 3632 ft
United States

I flew my drone in San Francisco trying to film a party and lost signal within the first few minutes, after which I was never able to connect. The drone did not return to home and now it is completely lost. Is there anyone who can help me?

I have looked on the roof of the building and have checked all surrounding parking lots surrounding the last shown location. If somebody could help me better understand if there is any recourse to finding it, I would greatly appreciate it.
2017-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Korey Warzala Posted at 2017-6-5 13:34
I flew my drone in San Francisco trying to film a party and lost signal within the first few minutes, after which I was never able to connect. The drone did not return to home and now it is completely lost. Is there anyone who can help me?

I have looked on the roof of the building and have checked all surrounding parking lots surrounding the last shown location. If somebody could help me better understand if there is any recourse to finding it, I would greatly appreciate it.

I think first you should start your own thread.

Then sync your flight to dji cloud , and start a case.

Then if you want help you should upload your flight log from your app to  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Just go to the link and follow instructions, and come back here and post the link with your logs, and members here will be able to give you a better idea of what might have happened
2017-6-5
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

DigiMav Posted at 2016-12-18 09:26
Well I have great news to report. I found her parked in someones driveway without a scratch on her. She was just a little frosty from the overnight stay outdoors.  After reviewing the flight logs I found her within 50 yards of the last reported location. It had auto-landed. Lesson learned for me but I'm still curious as to why I had such a lengthy LOS. The flight logs show it switched into ATTI mode multiple times, satellite positioning errors and it definitely didnt hover in place. It looks to have took off in a south westerly track on its own. Thanks for all the input guys. I need to be a little more diligent with my pre-checks and flight plan.

Could this be an example of Mavic becoming Self Aware and they just want to be free, but are limited by their battery life.
2017-6-5
Use props
fans621fb668
New

United States

My dji spark lost connection with my rc and as a failsafe the AC intiated rth. Looking at the flight log as it was returning home it crashed somewhere. I have the log if anyone wants to take a look. I have dji care refresh however I can't find the drone.
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules