P4P RC firmware upgrade failed: RC now recognized as inspire RC
1206 7 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8630f90c
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Today before my second flight (first one was a succes), I wanted to upgrade all firmware.
No problems with the aircraft, but as soon I tried to update the RC my smartphone just crashed.

After that the app thinks it is a inspire 1 controller. A popup appears which can't be disabled or closed (forcing stuff never nice) asking me to switch to the old app. Sometimes the popup dissapears and for one instant and I can see all the settings (including a firmware update), but can't click on anything. Then the popup comes back.  

Tried different smartphones (note 3, galaxy s7, huwaii) and different cables. Same problem over and over.

2016-12-18
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hi,I had a similar thing happen yesterday. Except my DJI go app thinks I am using a Phantom 3 pro rather than a phantom 4. Anyhow, it refuses to connect and shows no video signal. Updated after a succesful first flight that day.
2016-12-19
Use props
QuanDar
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

KeesJ Posted at 2016-12-19 09:31
Hi,I had a similar thing happen yesterday. Except my DJI go app thinks I am using a Phantom 3 pro rather than a phantom 4. Anyhow, it refuses to connect and shows no video signal. Updated after a succesful first flight that day.

Hi KeesJ, I'm sad to hear that more people have this problem. I'm shipping mine back today and hoping that I get a new unit for this holiday. If DJI just would remove that popup or make it closable, I think there would be no problem, since this is not the first time I had a failed firmware upgrade on a DJI product.

I have a video with the problem here:

2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue.
It seems the problem was caused by inconsistent firmware version between AC and RC.
May I know have you tried with an IOS device?
If still the same case, please try to press C1+C2+Recording button at the same time, then press Gimbal settings dial, turn off and turn on the RC without loosening those buttons, then try to check whether you can upgrade it or not.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KeesJ Posted at 2016-12-19 16:31

Just to clarify, you have upgraded the remote successfully, but cannot get it connected again?
What is the led status on the remote? have you tried to re-link AC and RC?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

QuanDar Posted at 2016-12-20 16:13
Hi KeesJ, I'm sad to hear that more people have this problem. I'm shipping mine back today and hoping that I get a new unit for this holiday. If DJI just would remove that popup or make it closable, I think there would be no problem, since this is not the first time I had a failed firmware upgrade on a DJI product.

I have a video with the problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOc8R4a5BIY

We feel so sorry for any inconvenience caused, and would love to try our best to help you handle the case.
Since you've done all the basic troubleshooting, it's not easy to get it fixed remotely, then the best course of action would be send it in, and our engineers will take care of it.
Thanks again for your support!
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We'll release a new APP version to solve this problem soon, and I'll let you know once it's done.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2016-12-20
Use props
JMPhotography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140384 ft
New Zealand

Hi there, I am having a similar issue. My RC was in the middle of a firmware upgrade and it stopped for some reason. Now the RC will not connect with the P4P drone. I have tried the methods mentioned above with no success. The LED Status indicator is a light blue colour (possibly white?). When connected to my IOS device it shows up as connected and current firmware version comes up as unknown.

Also, strangely now only have to tap the power button once to turn on the RC. Turning it off is still the usual method (tap and then tap and hold).

Hoping you can help Natalia.

Cheers Jason
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules