Can't fly more than 100m
3035 17 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elapidhunter
New

Australia

Gday p3s users ive not been able to fly my drone any more than 100m away without losing all signal to the craft and get a return to home message appear on screen ive just updated to the latest firmware and still have the same issues is this an issue i can fix or will it need to be sent back to DJI
2016-12-18
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Is your antenna positioned correctly?  Are you in an open area? Have you tried flying in a completely different open area? Is it in beginner mode?
2016-12-18
Use props
fans82a39c9b
lvl.1

Thailand

I had a similar problem after I updated the firmware on my P3P and the remote control (RC) to the latest updates a couple of weeks ago. I solved the problem by re-linking the RC to the P3P  - you can do this through the DJI GO App.
2016-12-18
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Did you update it via the app like DJI recomends or via the sd card?
Most of  the issues with the current FW seam to be caused by forcing the update via the SD card.
2016-12-18
Use props
Elapidhunter
New

Australia

I updated it via the dji go app without any issues it's not in beginners mode and I live in the country so interference is not an issue I've tried re-linking the controller and still have the same issue if anyone has anymore possible fixes that would be great thanks
2016-12-19
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Elapidhunter Posted at 2016-12-19 06:08
I updated it via the dji go app without any issues it's not in beginners mode and I live in the country so interference is not an issue I've tried re-linking the controller and still have the same issue if anyone has anymore possible fixes that would be great thanks

How long have you had your P3S? Has it ever done better before?
2016-12-19
Use props
rise up
New

United States

I too, have similar issue. I can only get to a range of about 280 feet distance at altitude of less than 200 feet. I linked a different p3s remote with same issues so that tells me its in the drone itself and not the controller. I also have a p2vision that flies without problem which tells me the area is clear of interference, plus I've flown it in different areas with the same distance problem. The antenna seems to be good as its mounted on landing gear normally. Firmware has been updated through DJI app but didn't help issue. I'm wondering if its in the control card and it needs to be replaced. Or wondering if I should just upgrade RC antenna. Any ideas would be helpful.
2016-12-19
Use props
Elapidhunter
New

Australia

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-19 20:15
How long have you had your P3S? Has it ever done better before?

Ive only had it for a couple of weeks and has never gone past the 100m distance before so its always been a problen
2016-12-19
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Elapidhunter Posted at 2016-12-19 18:20
Ive only had it for a couple of weeks and has never gone past the 100m distance before so its always been a problen

Do you have the antenna parallel to the legs of the drone. When the craft is out in front of you (not overhead) your RC antenna should be vertical.
2016-12-19
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

An obvious question but I have to ask.
Is there anything between the transmitter and the Phantom? Do you have the transmitter pointing in the direction of the Phantom?
2016-12-19
Use props
Elapidhunter
New

Australia

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2016-12-20 08:44
An obvious question but I have to ask.
Is there anything between the transmitter and the Phantom? Do you have the transmitter pointing in the direction of the Phantom?

Yes i have the controller pointed at the drone and the antenna is not blocked by anything
2016-12-19
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

100 mt far ? or high ? you shouldn't fly over your head high, it's the worst case, what firmware do you have now?
2016-12-20
Use props
Elapidhunter
New

Australia

Ciro Italy Posted at 2016-12-20 16:06
100 mt far ? or high ? you shouldn't fly over your head high, it's the worst case, what firmware do you have now?

I have 1.7.90 installed and u cant fly the d t ine anymore than 100m from my position weather it be up or ahead it just wont fly further than 100m anywhere without losing signal and going into the return to home mode
2016-12-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

I know it was asked before and you answered ---- but are you absolutely sure you have taken the app out of beginner mode - removed all limits in the boxes of max distance / height etc. ? Calibrated all items ?

In cases like this - its always good to do a checklist style of check to all items and tick them off sequentially. Sometimes the solution is hidden amongst the rest.

Nigel
2016-12-20
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

If the OP was in beginner mode, they wouldn't lose signal but get a message (visually and audibly) that their limit was reached (I assume this is the same for the P3S as it is for P3A and P3P).

Since you're saying it was like this even before any firmware upgrade and the surrounding area is what you say it is (and assuming you don't have a ton of trees between you and the aircraft) it sounds like this is one DJI should look at.  Have you tried a different location (just to rule out interference)?  Someplace where it is flat and that you have complete line of sight?

Call their tech support and get it in while under warranty..  Unless you're getting some obvious error message and since you're pointing at the aircraft it sounds like something else internal may be impacting the flight..
2016-12-20
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

ImagesByJAS Posted at 2016-12-20 08:58
If the OP was in beginner mode, they wouldn't lose signal but get a message (visually and audibly) that their limit was reached (I assume this is the same for the P3S as it is for P3A and P3P).

Since you're saying it was like this even before any firmware upgrade and the surrounding area is what you say it is (and assuming you don't have a ton of trees between you and the aircraft) it sounds like this is one DJI should look at.  Have you tried a different location (just to rule out interference)?  Someplace where it is flat and that you have complete line of sight?

+1 Have the same thought, it could be a hardware issue (loose antenna wire?) or bad part.
2016-12-20
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

United States

read this thread:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-66123-1-1.html

want you try installing a previous version of dji go ?
2.8.4 https://www.dropbox.com/s/zum6n7 ... ilot-2-8-4.apk?dl=0
2016-12-20
Use props
CHRIS1971
New

Switzerland

Hi guys,

I've the same problem and no solutions! Can anyone help me?
I bought the phantom 3 standard 2 month ago. Until now, no problems but now when I fly my drone cannot more than 50- 100m away without losing all signal to the craft. However i'm in a clear area, (all the drone function are green)... I've this problem since 2 weeks (approximately 5 fly). I have a friend in the same issue and we don't find answers..

(sorry for my english, I speak French!)

2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules