640 5 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Apriliamgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this compass switching something that we need to worry about after the latest firmware update.
As it's stopped me flying untill I know it's sorted

Thanks
2016-12-18
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Well its a feature .. the firmware now makes the mavic use the 2nd compass when before it would stick using the main compass and end up in an error state, so i guess its now more reliable as its using redundancy sensors ...

I'd prefer we could use sports mode without this issue happening in the first place though fingers crossed they can do this in the firmware.
2016-12-18
Use props
Apriliamgt
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well yes .. the mavic flys fine , but the constant red line "compass error" is rather off putting and makes you worry .

I checked the compass when in forward flight and compass 1 was not being read . The craft was using compass 2... as soon as you stopped compass 1 started showing things again
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a redundancy feature so the aircraft doesn't go into ATTI mode like it was before.
2016-12-18
Use props
Apriliamgt
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok ken.. so what's Happening about the annoying error messages ? As this is concerning .
2016-12-18
Use props
Apriliamgt
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And surely , the issue needs sorting if the craft will fall to the other compass everytime
*edit*
Just tested the downgraded firmware. and the craft /compass looked alot more stable . no errors happened and compass 1 and 2 was giving back data
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules