1590 12 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HugoTW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3723757 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

Hello there. Does anyone here have the same issue with their downlink feeds? My P4 was always fine, video was always awesome but since end of November I'm facing frequent video feed loss. If I'm lucky, I can partially (more guessing though) see what the drone sees. More often video in my tab simply freezes on last frame and when I restart the GO app, there is mostly one new frame but still no feed. My tab is Asus Zenpad S8 with decent specs, I've tried to manually choose channels, reduce downlink bitrate... I've even unlocked all 32 channels and tried there, but same story. I'm sad for loosing my last project due to this issue and I'm writing here as a last resort before contacting DJI directly. What do you guys think? I've compiled a video to share my sorrow.

2016-12-18
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

I used to have the video link problem too, I rolled the firmware of the controller back to 1.6...It fixed it mostly but I do get that scrambled signal when the craft is within a few feet of me.....My guess is maybe with video link and RC signal both being on the 2.4ghz  perhaps they get too much interference with eachother.  I may be totaly off but thats my theory.
2016-12-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yo0u might think that your Zenpad has 'decent' specs, but it still may not be good enough to do the job. This is why DJI publish a list of devices that they have tested and can state that they will work OK. When things freeze up, it is the phone or tablet causing that, nothing else.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hugo, may I know how long you've owned the aircraft?
Have you tried other mobile devices in DJI recommended list?
What the DJI GO APP version you installed on your device?
2016-12-19
Use props
HugoTW
lvl.2
  • >>>
Taiwan

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 18:00
Hugo, may I know how long you've owned the aircraft?
Have you tried other mobile devices in DJI recommended list?
What the DJI GO APP version you installed on your device?

Dear Natalia,

Thank you for your reply. I'm having this drone since end of May 2016 and I'm using the DJI GO 4 app. I am yet to test other device from your list, but this problem started around November, never before. Hence my assumption the tab is not the cause. On Nov 19th I've had a case where the frame freeze (and video downlink problem) occurred, I've blamed it on difficult shooting conditions. Next time then Nov 30, another shooting case (previously shot location without issues), this time I was flying "blind" most of the time. People around me are suggesting FW downgrade but I'm still waiting with that.

Capture (Small).JPG
2016-12-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HugoTW Posted at 2016-12-20 01:29
Dear Natalia,

Thank you for your reply. I'm having this drone since end of May 2016 and I'm using the DJI GO 4 app. I am yet to test other device from your list, but this problem started around November, never before. Hence my assumption the tab is not the cause. On Nov 19th I've had a case where the frame freeze (and video downlink problem) occurred, I've blamed it on difficult shooting conditions. Next time then Nov 30, another shooting case (previously shot location without issues), this time I was flying "blind" most of the time. People around me are suggesting FW downgrade but I'm still waiting with that.

Do you have an HDMI module fitted ?

I would try rolling back the RC to V1.6, it takes less than 10 minutes, a number have reported problems like this after the update to V1.8.
2016-12-19
Use props
HugoTW
lvl.2
  • >>>
Taiwan

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-20 10:17
Do you have an HDMI module fitted ?

I would try rolling back the RC to V1.6, it takes less than 10 minutes, a number have reported problems like this after the update to V1.8.

I do have the HDMI module fitted, I'll try the 1.6 and eventually I could also try the non-HDMI module, in case the one I have now is faulty.
2016-12-19
Use props
gth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146017 ft
Australia

What is the process to downgrade the Phantom 4 RC ?   Via Assistant 2 on the PC, or via the mobile device connected to the RC via USB?

UPDATE: Found the answer: in the DJI GO 4 app for Android, open the app when the RC is connected and, instead of clicking "ENTER DEVICE", hold the "+" symbol at the top right instead, for about 4 seconds.  The downgrade menu then appears.

(sometimes the ENTER DEVICE link says "GO FLY", when the drone is on)

PS: Noticed the remote is described on the downgrade screen as "phantom3 professional" instead of "Phantom 4" as it should be.  :\

--
Phantom 4 drone V01.02.0602
Phantrom 4 Remote, firmware v1.8.0  (soon to be 1.6.0)
Nexus 10, Android v5.1.1
DJI GO 4 app v4.0.0(74)
2016-12-20
Use props
HugoTW
lvl.2
  • >>>
Taiwan

gth Posted at 2016-12-20 17:05
What is the process to downgrade the Phantom 4 RC ?   Via Assistant 2 on the PC, or via the mobile device connected to the RC via USB?

UPDATE: Found the answer: in the DJI GO 4 app for Android, open the app when the RC is connected and, instead of clicking "ENTER DEVICE", hold the "+" symbol at the top right instead, for about 4 seconds.  The downgrade menu then appears.

Thanks gth, I'm aware of the "hidden" menu and I've downgraded the remote FW to 1.6 earlier today. The P3P instead of the P4 name appears when you disconnect your drone from your controller. No idea why is it happening (bug?), but no other negative effect.

I've done 3 test flights today with downgraded FW, the screen freezes only from time to time (before there were no problems, at all) and I've noticed it's more likely to occure when the "cache video locally" is turned on. I'm unable to replicate one specific scenario which would cause the downlink failure, it's quite random.

There is still a possibility that there is some problem with the tablet I'm using, but it was not the case passed 5 months of flying with it. One hypothesis would be a change in the software which led to problems with my HW. Approved device is yet to be tested.

2016-12-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think part of the problem is that the software is continually evolving as you suggest, perhaps becoming more demanding on the devices hardware. Presumably that is why they work with an 'approved' list to try and lessen the impact on devices of new releases. Also a number of people with HDMI module fitted have resolved visual issues with V1.8 by changing out module for original.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HugoTW Posted at 2016-12-20 10:40
I do have the HDMI module fitted, I'll try the 1.6 and eventually I could also try the non-HDMI module, in case the one I have now is faulty.

Thanks for the details.
You please have a try to downgrade the firmware and check again, if problem persists, please feel free to contact us.
2016-12-20
Use props
ZS1SSM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123146 ft
South Africa

I have the same problem--Everything was nice and smooth untill I was prompted to upgrade the firmware.
After firmware update the video downlink was the same as your video. I am using a low spec cellphone Samsung S4 with android 5.0.1---Like I said before the firmware update everything was fine
2016-12-22
Use props
HugoTW
lvl.2
  • >>>
Taiwan

ZS1SSM Posted at 2016-12-23 02:02
I have the same problem--Everything was nice and smooth untill I was prompted to upgrade the firmware.
After firmware update the video downlink was the same as your video. I am using a low spec cellphone Samsung S4 with android 5.0.1---Like I said before the firmware update everything was fine

Try to update your DJI GO app. I was flying yesterday (still with the 1.6 remote fw) and I've noticed the camera interface looks differently now. There was zero lag and no downlink video drop. Maybe DJI finally fixed it? If so, I'm incredibly happy... I bet many people got really really unhappy with this not knowing what's going on.

I've even spent quite some time researching new tablets to accompany me and my drone but those at the recommended list are seriously outdated, or apple-priced :/
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules