1265 6 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpeterson89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3714 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been trying for 2 days since receiving my P4P+ to calibrate the IMU. From activation the IMU calibration was on the screen. I have read every thread in the forums and tried everything within those threads and the IMU calibration just sticks on 1/6. The firmware is updated on both the drone and remote and I have also restored to factory defaults and tried again. It seems most of the IMU calibration errors were fixed with the FM update, but I have never made it to the error screen, it nevers goes beyond 1/6 of calibrating. Any ideas? Thank you!

2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just to clarify, the AC firmware is the latest one now, right?
Please try to place the aircraft as it's shown on step 2, maybe it finish the first step, but the APP does not go to step 2 at that moment.
If still the same case, please try to restart the aircraft and check again.
Besides, please make a screenshot here if failling to do calibration, thanks.
2016-12-19
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

jpeterson89 Posted at 2016-12-19 07:08
Thank you for the response DJI Natalia. Yes, I have the most recent firmware for the remote and the aircraft as pictured below. I have tried several times to place the aircraft as shown on step 2 (tutorial) and once or twice it has advanced to step 2/6 on the display, but the instructional picture in the app never changes nor does it ever go to step 3/6. For the most part it never advances past step 1/6                                                                                                                                                                        .

This is going to sound silly, but try rocking it gently.  

And it looks like you're eating a glazed donut whilst touching the screen.   
2016-12-19
Use props
jpeterson89
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-19 12:38
This is going to sound silly, but try rocking it gently.  

And it looks like you're eating a glazed donut whilst touching the screen.

I haven't tried that, I'll give it a shot.. Thank you.

Haha, I haven't even taken the plastic off remote yet! Still waiting to fly it for the first time.
2016-12-19
Use props
jpeterson89
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 04:51
Just to clarify, the AC firmware is the latest one now, right?
Please try to place the aircraft as it's shown on step 2, maybe it finish the first step, but the APP does not go to step 2 at that moment.
If still the same case, please try to restart the aircraft and check again.

Thank you for the response DJI Natalia. Yes, I have the most recent firmware for the remote and the aircraft as pictured below. I have tried several times to place the aircraft as shown on step 2 (tutorial) and once or twice it has advanced to step 2/6 on the display, but the instructional picture in the app never changes nor does it ever go to step 3/6. For the most part it never advances past step 1/6
IMG_9413.JPG
IMG_9414.JPG
IMG_9415.JPG
IMG_9416.JPG
2016-12-20
Use props
fans44e7eb2d
New

United States

Hey Peterson,

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? I have the exact same problem and I can't figure it out!

Anything helps!

Thanks!
2017-1-14
Use props
jpeterson89
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans44e7eb2d Posted at 2017-1-14 13:22
Hey Peterson,

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? I have the exact same problem and I can't figure it out!

I did, I ended up putting the copter outside (minus the battery) for about 30 minutes, it was very cold here in Chicago. As soon as i went though the steps the IMU calibrated without fail. Copter is perfect now.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules