Suggested setup for phone/lense combo
919 1 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
exprezchef
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

I picked up a Osmo Mobile about a month ago and have been playing around with it utilizing my Samsung Galaxy S6 and Filmic Pro as my recording platform. I have been looking at some videos on You Tube and Vimeo and have fallen in love with the cinematic look provided with the iPhone and Moondog Labs anamorphic lens combination. I am due for a new phone and was thinking of moving to an iOs platform since I currently use a Mac/Final Cut Pro for video editing. I like the fact that the iOs Fimic Pro app also supports the Osmo Mobile as well as the settings for the anamorphic lens. Any suggestions for the best Iphone to get that would allow the use of the anamorphic lens, Iphone, Osmo Mobile and Filmic Pro app? It appears that the 7 will not work since there is no Moondog Labs clip-on lens available. I was thinking of the 6S since that seems to be the latest phone version with the clip on lens but was looking for feedback from any members who already use the combination or something similar to what I am looking at. I emailed Moondog Labs a week ago with the same question but got no reply.

Take care and have a safe holiday.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

6s would be nice, since it avoids the issue of OIS a lot of people experience.
2016-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules