Possible camera defect - focus in right frame is awful
945 9 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gw5815
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

All of my photos have severe focus issues on the right side of the frame. Notice that the left and center are fine, but as you approach the right edge, it's terrible.   You can see a sample of this at https://goo.gl/photos/ivTG6FynJLf6Kd3D6

Any ideas?

2016-12-18
Use props
GarethIwanJones
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It seems that every Macic Pro has this problem. Only some owners haven't noticed it. I've wached a lot of youtube vids of Mavic footage and the majority clearly have this issue.
2016-12-18
Use props
gw5815
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

GarethIwanJones Posted at 2016-12-18 12:52
It seems that every Macic Pro has this problem. Only some owners haven't noticed it. I've wached a lot of youtube vids of Mavic footage and the majority clearly have this issue.

I've gone through all of my test footage/shots and the problem is in 70% of my content.  So it's inconsistent.  Like you, I've seen several other videos that show this same problem, but then I see other videos where it's excellent.

I'm wondering if the focus plane is skewed slightly... and maybe it's a bit behind the focus range on the right side?  I'm going to put it back in the air and experiment a bit with manual focus to see if I can reproduce the problem and then try to find a focus point that fixes the issue.  I wish there was a quick way to set the focus to the hyperfocal distance point.  That would take care of 80% of what I want to do with it.
2016-12-18
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

gw5815 Posted at 2016-12-19 09:33
I've gone through all of my test footage/shots and the problem is in 70% of my content.  So it's inconsistent.  Like you, I've seen several other videos that show this same problem, but then I see other videos where it's excellent.

I'm wondering if the focus plane is skewed slightly... and maybe it's a bit behind the focus range on the right side?  I'm going to put it back in the air and experiment a bit with manual focus to see if I can reproduce the problem and then try to find a focus point that fixes the issue.  I wish there was a quick way to set the focus to the hyperfocal distance point.  That would take care of 80% of what I want to do with it.

I've also seen that the right-side of frame problem can be very inconsistent. Hopefully you will be able to find a workaround. I appreciate what DJI was trying to do with the adjustable focus feature but we wouldn't have these problems if they had just stuck with the design of the Phantom 3/4 and used fixed focus.
2016-12-18
Use props
3hd9Aq2UtQlM
lvl.2

United States

I have the same issue

Have heard that the sensor and lens are not properly aligned. DJI has asked me to send back.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello gw5815, could you please provide more original images about this issue?
I'll help to report it to our related team.
Thanks for your feedback.
2016-12-18
Use props
gw5815
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-18 23:12
Hello gw5815, could you please provide more original images about this issue?
I'll help to report it to our related team.
Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the original RAW file -- https://storage.googleapis.com/gwmigrate/DJI_0029.DNG

Thanks!
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gw5815 Posted at 2016-12-19 15:45
Here's the original RAW file -- https://storage.googleapis.com/gwmigrate/DJI_0029.DNG

Thanks!

Thank you for your cooperation. :-)
2016-12-19
Use props
gw5815
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-19 18:49
Thank you for your cooperation. :-)

Should I contact support?  What are my options to get this fixed?
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gw5815 Posted at 2016-12-20 12:14
Should I contact support?  What are my options to get this fixed?

You can get in touch with our tech support at support.us@dji.com.
2016-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules