Thoroughly Frustrated!
1683 9 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneguyinla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292300 ft
United States

Well, I sent my Inspire Pro back to DJI after noticing that the propellers were very loud and the bird would not hover in place.   DJI notified me that it was a bad flight controller module and replaced it under warranty.  I just received the bird back from DJI and was stunned to hear the same noise from the propellers and it's inability to hover in place is now considerably worse.  It drifts quickly making it a danger to fly.  I don't know what is going on with DJI Support quality control and I dread the idea of having to send this back yet again.  
2016-12-18
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You mean the propellers are making considerably more noise than the other Inspire 1 Pro aircraft you owe or are able to compare with side by side? Hmmm, never heard of such phenomenon before, but this is a powerful machine, you know. Anyway, the hovering instability is of more importance. Assuming that all the calibration is done properly, the only thing you can do is sending it back again until the problem is solved. They do mistakes occasionally ...
2016-12-18
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Has anyone suggested an IMU calibration? Have you tried other props? Could you post a video of this?

Mark G.
2016-12-19
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Have you compared Prop noise with other Inspire Pro's  ?  Also make sure you are doing full calibrations and compass  calibrations .  And  the GPS mode is enabled for best hovering .

If you could make a video , that would be helpful.

donnie
2016-12-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are having trouble and weird things can happen. Could you list all of the things you have tried after receiving the Inspire 1 back from DJI
IMU calibration?
Compass "
Check to insure the props are on the correct motors
New Props
Check and replace the Prop hub assemblies
Loose hardware
up to date FW on AC and RC

Video showing the problem could be helpful

All the best
Rich
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In addition to some of the troubleshooting steps have others have provided, what kind of area are you test flying in? Is it low enough to activate the VPS and if so, have you tried diabling it to see if that changes anything. Could you happen to please provide your last RMA number for further follow up?
2016-12-19
Use props
droneguyinla
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for everyone's responses.  Just to reiterate, the bird came back from DJI Service last week having been diagnosed with a bad flight controller module which was replaced.  Today, I fired it up again to see if I would have any different results which I did. The RC made contact with the camera.  However, the DJI app indicated "Gimbal Disconnected".  I wll call DJI tomorrow as this is at least actionable.  Again, I wouldn't be so peeved if the bird had not been at DJI for service for two weeks.  Really hoping I don't have to send it back yet again.
2016-12-20
Use props
droneguyinla
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-20 05:09
In addition to some of the troubleshooting steps have others have provided, what kind of area are you test flying in? Is it low enough to activate the VPS and if so, have you tried diabling it to see if that changes anything. Could you happen to please provide your last RMA number for further follow up?

Case number is CAS-341154-L1X3D6
2016-12-20
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure what might be happening with the prop noise. Compared to the M600 my I1 Pro sounds like hacked off bees in a metal garbage can. The drifting issue is another story. I can tell you that there are many things that will make your bird drift if your GPS is off. If it is drifting with the GPS on then there's another issue somewhere. Make sure you do a good compass calibration because a bad calibration will cause issues. Don't do it inside or in or around a metal building or under power lines running from the street to your house. I always grab the bird in the middle top part of the body and carefully walk around the center point until it tells me to point the nose down. I try to keep the aircraft level and spinning around as if it were on a pole. Then do the same thing while pointing the nose straight down. A bird that hasn't had a compass calibration in a long time or had a poor calibration done will drift some. Keep in mind that when the wind is blowing it will have an effect on drift with no GPS. I have calibrated and then test flown to check drift. Then perform a "poor" re-calibrated for the next flight and it had different drift patterns. Also if you calibrate with the camera and then fly the next day without it, your drift will be different because the CG has changed. If you have had a hard landing and the arms are not lined up to match the other side, you will have drift issues. When it's hovering in front of you at eye level and looking at it from the back or front, do the props seem to be angled alike? If not, there's no calibration you can do that will stop drifting. Don't know if any of these suggestions will help but it might. Good Luck....
2016-12-29
Use props
droneguyinla
lvl.1
United States

As note above, I sent the bird  back to DJI Support yet again after they replaced the Flight Controller Module under warranty.   Apparently this time they looked a little deeper and found quite a few items (see below) for repair which came to just over $200.00 which I paid.   I attempted to fly the bird and received the same "Gimbal motor overloaded message" so I brought it down as quickly as possible.    I contacted DJI Support via e-mail early last week and requested a phone call to discuss.  I did not receive a phone call or an acknowledgement via e-mail.   Regretfully, I have no choice but to dispute the charge and to seriously reevaluate my use of DJI as my preferred vendor.

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Zenmuse X5 camera pitch-axis bracket top cover        1        1.00        1.00
Zenmuse X5 camera pitch-axis bracket bottom cover        1        4.00        4.00
Zenmuse X5 camera pitch-axis cable cover B        1        1.00        1.00
Zenmuse X5 gimbal pitch motor driver board        1        24.00        24.00
Zenmuse X5 camera pitch-axis cable cover A        1        1.00        1.00
Inspire 1 landing gear set        1        10.00        10.00
Zenmuse X5 p-axis ESC board cover        1        5.00        5.00
Zenmuse X5 pitch-axis arm component        1        31.00        31.00
Zenmuse X5 camera pitch-axis bracket component        1        9.00        9.00
Service Charge        2        65.00/H        130.00
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now