GPS Drone Tracker
11396 44 2015-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneDjinnie
New

Philippines

If any of you have problems mounting your Trackimo, there are many 3D printing templates out there.
2017-5-25
Use props
droneDjinnie
New

Hong Kong

I found one of the things i was talking about
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1509859/#comments
2017-5-28
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

trailtec.dodo Posted at 2015-2-13 07:13
Don't forget folks, no cell coverage, no tracking. If you fly in areas where mobile coverage is patchy or worse you are still on your own.

Thanks trail I was wondering about that. No coverage out my way so guess it'd be back to flight record to locate.
2017-5-29
Use props
bala56
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thinking of getting a tk102 tracker here in UK. I see they have a magnetized strip for attachment. Should this be removed for use with a phamtom to avoid any interference with electronics?? Could be held on with velcro instead.
2017-9-4
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3589859 ft
United States

I lost a Mavic Pro on a 50 - 50 issue. Being half was my fault for doing a Letchi mission on a windy day. It sent it on a flight path I had done before but with a slightly different return path. There was a high hill in the way and I lost radio contact. I know it didn't crash because I imported the flight path from Google Earth. I knew the elevation. It just hit a head wind and ran out of juice on the way back.

The tracker I picked was a cheap clone from eBay.  It worked when it wanted to. Before I took off it game me a response. I lost contact with the drone and ET never phoned home. Lesson learned is be selective when you buy a tracker.  Don't buy cheap. You get what you pay for. Brefore you take off.... test Test Test and test. Don't take anything for granted. I made a mistake and and my fail safe failed me. The tracker did not work. I have a good idea where it went down because the flight path is on the mission hub. I know what the winds were that day. I am going to retrace the flight path with another drone in attempt to locate it. I live out in the sticks and ground foliage is at a minimun now.

I'm not going to reccomend a GPS Tracker but.. The TK102B seems ok.

There is a known issue loosing cell connection when you change the battery. Fix is to take the sim card out and turn it on for 5 minutes. Put the sim card back and you should be ok.

If anyone gives a rat's ass I'll keep you posted. The weather has been terrible and I have not been able to fly much. I'm going to find it and when I do I will show you how I did it.

I am on the fence with radio interferance and the trackers. I do get what the frequencies are but I do suspect they can punch each other in the face.
To me that may be an issue.

2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules