Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal jerking when Mavic stops
2207 6 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

This is the replacement Mavic I got since the original had a focus problem.  I believe there is evidence of a focus problem on this Mavic also but that's a seperate issue.

Does anyone else see the camera jerking when the Mavic slows down or comes to a stop?  The original Mavic didn't do it and is making it difficult to capture from fly in or fly out.
2016-12-18
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not really.  I do, however, get a little jerk on the gimbal/camera if I do a fairly quick yaw round.  It's worse when yawing to the left.
2016-12-18
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I think it's cause when you let go of the sticks it kicks like a horse for a second to stop. They put in cine mode in go 4 but you can adjust the stop in the settings. There is a lot of tweaking you need to do anyway. I have no yaw shakes here in the 4k tests at high speed other than you can see the props in the video if you turn too fast. 2.7k seems to be where it's at for this camera.
2016-12-18
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

It seems to be more evident when releasing the sticks quickly. If you release the sticks slowly or use the new cine mode that might help avoid the problem
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Kevin,  gimbal camera's stability is not guaranteed when the aircraft is braking. Just as dotfiles mentioned, have you tried to release the sticks slowly?
2016-12-19
Use props
Karolina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106299 ft
Poland

I just noticed the same problem in the replaced Mavic Air (which I got as a warranty replacement). I notice it when the gimbal is pointed all the way downward. After breaking, the gimbal moves a little bit up and does not return to the 100% downward position. I need to readjust it with the controller to point downward again. I don't think it's normal behaviour. Strange as the original Mavic Air that I bought didn't have that issue What can be done to fix the issue? It is actually a second replacement and the aircraft still have issues. Additionally, now my warranty is over...
2019-4-19
Use props
Karolina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106299 ft
Poland

I've just looked at the new footage so the gimbal also jerks when it is in other positions as well. Sometimes it's just less visible. Hmm.
2019-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules