3141 6 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2010249 ft
United States

Hi everyone,
I have had my P4P (Non +) for a few weeks now and have needed to do all of my firmware updates through the DJI GO 4 app as I cannot get the bird to connect to a PC. I have tried 4 different PCs and am using the latest DJI Assistant software (DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.8). This was tried on 2 different Windows 8.1 systems and 2 different Windows 7 systems.
This problem first surfaced when I was using a Samsung tablet as my RC Screen. I could not get the DJI Go 4 app (Android) to do updates using the Samsung, so I borrowed a friends IPad Mini and boom... no problem doing the updates using DJI GO 4 on an IOS device. So, I returned the Samsung and sprung for an IPad Air 2 and it also works perfectly for Firmware and control.
Unfortunatly I still cannot get the P4P to connect using a PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software multiple times trying to get a different result wit no luck. Here's what I do:
I start the Assistant 2 software and make sure I'm logged in. Then I start the P4P and let it get going, then I plug it into my PC via USB. I have tried different USB ports and many different cables and still nothing happens with the app... I have tried with the memory card in and out of the P4P and still no connection to the app. Just a note, if I have the memory card in the bird at the time I try to connect, my PC just sees it as a memory device (kind of like a thumbdrive).
I know that I am eventually going to need to use the DGI Assistant 2 software and as of now am unable... this is worrisome and also pretty inconvenient. If I run into a situation where I must use a function that can only be done on the PC I am going to be in trouble...
Oh yeah... two last questions... It looks like older versions of the DJI Assistant also required a separate Driver to be installed, it appears that is no longer needed with the new DJI Assistant 2 software (DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.8), is that correct? Also, would pushing the reset directly next to the Micro USB port on the bird (for thr RC connection) possibly do me any good to make theis want to connect to my PC?
I know this was a lengthy post an I appreciate the time taken to read it and hopefully reply with some wisdom...
Thanks so much!!
Dallas
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dallas, thanks for the details.
Just to clarify, you can install it and login your account successfully, but your aircraft cannot be recognized, right?
Would you please make a screenshot about the page?
Have you checked the anti-virus and firewalls?
2016-12-18
Use props
NKars
lvl.3
Flight distance : 834117 ft
Netherlands

First uninstall DJI assistant 2 old version in Windows.
do this via control panel
than install the latest version 1.08.

the problem is after install there are 2 versions installed..
DJI do not override the old version, but installs a new one...
look on desktop for het new version, or better uninstall the old
2016-12-19
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 15:58
Just to clarify, you can install it and login your account successfully, but your aircraft cannot be recognized, right?

Hi Natalia,
Thanks for trying to help me.
So, yes I can install and log in successfully. I get the initial screen with the graphic in the center showing a USB cable being plugged into the side of a laptop and that's as far as it goes. Nothing more happens when I connect my P4P.
Just an FYI, I've gone out flying several times and everything seems to function just fine so far.
As far as firewalls or anti virus goes I have not deliberately setup  any of that on my systems. They are behind a cable modem/router and then a plug and play switch that requires zero setup.
As I said I have tried  to connect using 4 different PCs. They are at two completely different locations... I am a video editor and engineer and have built all the PCs myself.
I can't get you a screen shot at the moment but I can tell you all I get is the initial screen that appears when you start the software, that's it. It keeps me logged on and shows my login name at the top right as usual.
Is ther some way to jumpstart this connection between my P4P and a PC?
Thank you in advance, I appreciate the help.
Dallas
2016-12-19
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
United States

NKars Posted at 2016-12-19 09:13
First uninstall DJI assistant 2 old version in Windows.
do this via control panel
than install the latest version 1.08.

NKars and Natalia, thank you both for trying to help, I really appreciate it!
NKars...I have tried doing an uninstall as you said. I actually never had an "old" version installed as this P4P is the first DJI Drone I have owned... Again I have tried on several computers to no avail.
I have brought my P4P to my place of work today and will try on yet another PC and see if I have any luck. I have 2 PCs here (Both Windows) 1 is Win 7 Pro and the other is on Win 10.
Again thanks so much for your input. I will report back my results as soon as I get a chance to try... I do actually have to get some "work" done too!! LOL
Dallas
2016-12-19
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 01:58

Dear Natalia, very good news!! I have had success connecting. It was the firewall settings causing the lack of connection.The important thing was to have the firewall turned off during the installation of the software, not just while running it after installation. When I installed on a PC with the Firewall disabled the installation was very different than the other times I installed on previous PS when the Firewall was (apparently) on. I was asked several questions (3 times) by the OS (Win 7 Pro) while installing asking if I am sure I want to install this or that component and just said yes to all of them. AND IT WORKS! YAY!!
Thanks to you and also again to "NKars" for your help.
Dallas
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

FLIDAHO Posted at 2016-12-20 02:19
Dear Natalia, very good news!! I have had success connecting. It was the firewall settings causing the lack of connection.The important thing was to have the firewall turned off during the installation of the software, not just while running it after installation. When I installed on a PC with the Firewall disabled the installation was very different than the other times I installed on previous PS when the Firewall was (apparently) on. I was asked several questions (3 times) by the OS (Win 7 Pro) while installing asking if I am sure I want to install this or that component and just said yes to all of them. AND IT WORKS! YAY!!
Thanks to you and also again to "NKars" for your help.
Dallas

Thank you so much for the update, glad to hear it's working finally.
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules