Video quality issues
1570 13 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
diggerdog
lvl.1
Japan

When shooting with my new mavic pro 80% of the footage is fine.
But i sometimes get these dark colored bars that flicker across the footage.
I also get jello issues. Not always but sometimes.
My gimble has been checked and is set in position.
Is there anything i can do to correct these issues? The bars worry me more as this seems like a camera problem.
Should i return my Mavic?

2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you please post some of the SD card footage to show what exactly what you are seeing.
2016-12-18
Use props
diggerdog
lvl.1
Japan

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 12:45
Can you please post some of the SD card footage to show what exactly what you are seeing.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
here is the jello example I shot today. I have read that the temperature / white snow can cause this. But it isn't consistent as I don't have it in every video I took.

here is the video with flickering lines
2016-12-18
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Looks like a camera/gimbal hardware issue to me. The footage in that 2nd video isn't smooth either.
2016-12-18
Use props
diggerdog
lvl.1
Japan

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-19 13:38
Looks like a camera/gimbal hardware issue to me. The footage in that 2nd video isn't smooth either.

So the only solution is to return the drone?
2016-12-18
Use props
pmk
New

United States

Why do you think my footage is doing this?

This is the blurry clip. I make sure I'm focusing too.

Here is a clip that was in my office with just computer light and it seem as sharp as it should be.

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
2016-12-18
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

pmk Posted at 2016-12-19 13:23
Why do you think my footage is doing this?

This is the blurry clip. I make sure I'm focusing too.

That first clip is definitely not focused. You can use MF to check your focus before shooting.
2016-12-18
Use props
pmk
New

United States

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-18 21:41
That first clip is definitely not focused. You can use MF to check your focus before shooting.

I would hold the AF button down until it was focused.
2016-12-18
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1123133 ft
  • >>>
Italy

pmk Posted at 2016-12-19 06:54
I would hold the AF button down until it was focused.

sorry..  what's the AF (Autofocus??) button and where is it on DJI GO / Mavic?   thanks.
2016-12-18
Use props
Evan8tr
lvl.2
United States

Had the same problem, I sent it in and they said it was a gimbal hardware issue.
2016-12-18
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The flickering lines are probably prop shadows or reflections flashing on the blades.
Almost unavoidable when the camera is so close to the props.
2016-12-18
Use props
fans94f62438
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42228 ft
Italy

I also noticed some flickering problem (could be caused by phone, used with the RC, that was near?) and also (more often) some refraction problem when the camera point near the sun direction
Mavic was without gimbal protection cover, these one cause a fixed rifraction problem worste than that you can see in the video
Here is a sample (please watch at 720p)

2016-12-19
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42228 ft
Italy

fans94f62438 Posted at 2016-12-19 14:33
I also noticed some flickering problem (could be caused by phone, used with the RC, that was near?) and also (more often) some refraction problem when the camera point near the sun direction
Mavic was without gimbal protection cover, these one cause a fixed rifraction problem worste than that you can see in the video
Here is a sample (please watch at 720p)

I little update. I talked with a guy who works in dji store, showing this video.  He told me that the refraction effects it's normal, in certain angle also without a gimbal cover. He told me that on older camera (other models) was possibile to mount some lens hood to avoid this problem. Also told me that the effect that I called flickering (last part of the video) was just the shadow of propellers interfering with this refration.

So it seems that there is no solution except from avoid that angle based on the sun position
2016-12-19
Use props
pmk
New

United States

la_panza Posted at 2016-12-18 22:28
sorry..  what's the AF (Autofocus??) button and where is it on DJI GO / Mavic?   thanks.

Apparently it was completely user error. flew it again today and made sure i focused it and i now see 4k quality.

You tap on where you want to focus like a cell phone and wait to here noise of it focusing.

PROBLEM SOLVED
2016-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules