Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
la_panza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1123133 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello, here is my problem
In the map view,   the red Arrow does not reflect the real drone orientation...  it rotates as the drone yaws but there is almost a 180 degree gap between the arrow and the drone direction...
Both iPhone and drone compass are calibrated...  apart from this,  I only have a complain about the new way focus is handled by the Mavic, I come from Phantom 3 and never had to worry about focus so far.....
2016-12-18
Use props
DKI
lvl.1

Australia

I don't know the answer but have also noticed this
2016-12-19
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DKI Posted at 2016-12-19 10:27
I don't know the answer but have also noticed this

wel, I've been using DJI Apps  since I bought my first Phantom 2 Vision in 2013...  then I upgraded to P2 Vision Plus and then to Phantom 3 Professional...  Along these 3 years I got the habit of trusting the arrow in the map to pilot when the drone is out of visual reach..., when I use the P3P the DJI Go app also shows a blue line between the drone position and my position...  Now, with me Mavic, the line is gone, and the arrow points to the Cuckoo's nest....  hope the trouble gets solved!!!
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello la_panza, could you please provide a screenshot of this issue? I'll help to report it. Besides, what mobile device you are using and the DJI GO version?
2016-12-19
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-19 10:43
Hello la_panza, could you please provide a screenshot of this issue? I'll help to report it. Besides, what mobile device you are using and the DJI GO version?

Hello, the Phone is iPhone 7 Plus.. DJI_Go version is 3.1.1, for the Screenshot unfortunatey I'm at work and the Mavic is in my home... maybe this evening I can do it...  
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

la_panza Posted at 2016-12-19 18:30
Hello, the Phone is iPhone 7 Plus.. DJI_Go version is 3.1.1, for the Screenshot unfortunatey I'm at work and the Mavic is in my home... maybe this evening I can do it...

Please take a photo of both the APP and the aircraft.
Thank you for your cooperation.
2016-12-19
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 04:07
Please take a photo of both the APP and the aircraft.
Thank you for your cooperation.

The aircraft too?  It's just a Mavic like any other one...    should I focus on a particular part of it?  serial number?  front?  bottom?   what does matter more to you about my Mavic picture?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

la_panza Posted at 2016-12-20 21:20
The aircraft too?  It's just a Mavic like any other one...    should I focus on a particular part of it?  serial number?  front?  bottom?   what does matter more to you about my Mavic picture?

I would like to know the orientation of the app and your aircraft.
2016-12-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

The app and the Mavic in the same photo so that screen and drone can be compared.
2016-12-20
Use props
X24
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem with my phantom for pro. The arrow was pointing back to me however the craft was flying in a totally different direction. I had to use return to home to bring it back.
2016-12-21
Use props
fans82075b28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem.

When I'm out flying and using the radar the arrow will one minute point in the direction the craft is moving (like it did on my P3A) but then it will point 45 degrees to the right (3'o' Clock) even though the craft is still travelling in the same direction. This happens on both my iPhone 6 plus and iPhone 7 using DJI Go 4.
2016-12-21
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

fans82075b28 Posted at 2016-12-21 17:09
I'm having the same problem.

When I'm out flying and using the radar the arrow will one minute point in the direction the craft is moving (like it did on my P3A) but then it will point 45 degrees to the right (3'o' Clock) even though the craft is still travelling in the same direction. This happens on both my iPhone 6 plus and iPhone 7 using DJI Go 4.

In my case the direction is unpredictable, it changes from time to time, I'm on iPhone 7Plus and DJI Go 3  latest update...
what i find strange is that the "compass" app in the phone is garbled too.... if I launch the IOS "compass" default app when I'm in flight, the compass is also indicating the north in a completely wrong direction... i thought it could be some sort of magnetic interference caused by the RC too close to the phone, so I moved the phone away from the RC with no eresult...   i had to turn off the RC, kill and relauchi the compass app, amd then it does well for some time, after 30 seconds or so, the trouble comes out again...

In the rare moments the Compass app says the truth, it seems that the map red arrow and radar are also correct

2016-12-26
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here, the radar view doesn't make any sense. The aircrafts pointer in relation to home is accurate, but the whole thing rotates for seemingly no reason at all.
I started using the radar since the map is broken too.. figures this is also jacked up LOL
2016-12-26
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Mir Posted at 2016-12-26 09:25
Same problem here, the radar view doesn't make any sense. The aircrafts pointer in relation to home is accurate, but the whole thing rotates for seemingly no reason at all.
I started using the radar since the map is broken too.. figures this is also jacked up LOL

did anyone find a solution?  I've nnoticed that when the radar direction is wrong, the "compass"  IOS app is fault, it always works correctly except when DJI GO (4) and mavic are used....  I even thought that the magnetometer could be cheated by somne magnet in the RC, but I have no confirmation about that....
2017-1-8
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

It's the same in Litchi. I like flying programmed paths anymore and the radar always shows the craft where it's not pointed. But on google maps it's fine, and able to pinpoint the craft and direction. I didn't know this happened on dji's software, thought it was a litchi thing.
2017-1-8
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265984 ft
United Kingdom

la_panza Posted at 2017-1-8 04:27
did anyone find a solution?  I've nnoticed that when the radar direction is wrong, the "compass"  IOS app is fault, it always works correctly except when DJI GO (4) and mavic are used....  I even thought that the magnetometer could be cheated by somne magnet in the RC, but I have no confirmation about that....

I had this exact problem on my first flight yesterday after receiving my Mavic.
When I had my P3 Pro I used to heavily rely on this red direction arrow so when my Mavic was not working the same way it was a bit unnerving to say the least.

Also when I got home to review the footage i was alarmed to find that the footage was out of focus on the right hand side of the screen.  After a bit of online searching It was recommended to to a firmware refresh. So to do this I downloaded the DJI assistant 2 app for my PC, connected Mavic to PC via USB cable and overwrote the same firmware version. Next was to use calibrate in the DJI assistant which involves pointing the camera at a series of dots on the PC monitor. Then lastly connecting with the DJI Go 4 app on my phone and carrying out an IMU calibration.

After flying again to test if camera issue was fixed (which it isn't) I noticed that the red arrow on the compass is now working as it should and correctly showing the direction the Mavic is pointing.

So one problem fixed and one to go.... Hope this helps?

2017-1-8
Use props
akbarmarwan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3728438 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

ah the thread already here, mine the same, it changes direction and moving around on the radar, enable airplane mode on the iphone 7+ dont have any effect, still the arrow heading not same as the aircraft heading.
2017-1-8
Use props
akbarmarwan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

please note: One of my preflight checklist is: always make sure the arrow on radar direction match with the aircraft direction.

The radar/arrow direction problem occurs during flight sometime/not every flight. Thats why we need to know what the cause of it.
2017-1-8
Use props
spoonlamp_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 301506 ft
Italy

akbarmarwan Posted at 2017-1-8 06:43
please note: One of my preflight checklist is: always make sure the arrow on radar direction match with the aircraft direction.

The radar/arrow direction problem occurs during flight sometime/not every flight. Thats why we need to know what the cause of it.

If this is one of your pre-flight checks can you tell us what you do when it occurs and when/how it goes away?
2017-1-10
Use props
spoonlamp_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 301506 ft
Italy

Does this error happen in both DJI Go and the DJI Go 4 apps?
2017-1-10
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

la_panza Posted at 2016-12-19 01:42
wel, I've been using DJI Apps  since I bought my first Phantom 2 Vision in 2013...  then I upgraded to P2 Vision Plus and then to Phantom 3 Professional...  Along these 3 years I got the habit of trusting the arrow in the map to pilot when the drone is out of visual reach..., when I use the P3P the DJI Go app also shows a blue line between the drone position and my position...  Now, with me Mavic, the line is gone, and the arrow points to the Cuckoo's nest....  hope the trouble gets solved!!!

But since the UAV laws in Italy only allow you to fly 200m distance and max 70m AGL it will never be out of visual range will it?
2017-1-10
Use props
akbarmarwan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

[CASE CLOSED]I use iphone 7/7+ actually when all the radar and arrow direction mismatch with mavic, (from 5 flight 4 error)
But when I use external mount theres no error both radar and direction on the radar of the mavic (tested both iphone7+ and ipadmini3). I think somehow the mavic remote make the gps/compass error on the smartphone if we put it real close (like using the default holder)
and I have test this several time with external holder, and now I'm happy mavic user
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules