Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans96e0e6e4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282310 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,

did someone else notice problem mentionned on this video below concerning problem of D-LOG profile on Phantom 4 pro ?

Normally, if you video has blown highlights the Lumtri scope and histogram will indicate that by being pegged full scale with 100 IRE and 255 bit value, but in this video, shot using D-Log, the max value never exceeded 75 IRE and the bit values were well away from 255 even as it was painfully obvious that good portions of the screen were totally blown out. It appears that DJI is NOT using proper dynamic range compression with D-Log.

It seems that D-LOG profile is totally useless after updated new firmware of 9th december and only cinelike profile allowed to have real sharp video.

Will DJI resolve this problem fastly ?
2016-12-18
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is AWESOME !!!!! FInally someone who care about scopes.  Looks like they should have chipped these before sending them out.   As someone who spent a a few years as a Video Shader for Console Robotics at CNN, I'm extremely interested in seeing this.  One thing I noticed on your flight test is that your comparison didn't show movement on your control camera.   I know that shouldn't matter but did you try to see if the pulse goes away while not in flight?Wonder if DJI could replicate something with more presicion like an ECS/Extended Clear Scan within the drone settings to make sure it's not being caused by what the camera is seeing (and remember this is now a mechanical shutter).  I have no idea why this is happening, but could you give me the exact settings you are using in your menu?I'm going to look over it again and send it to the head video shader over at CNN.  Perhaps he can shed some light on the subject as well.  I'd be happy to loop you in on an email with him if you like.  I must say this is really strange though.  Random question,  are you able to get that pulse at any other frame rate?
NOte:  Ok I see your "test shot now".  First time through I thought you said that was your Panasonic.  Got it now, sorry

Also, was your Pana in D-Log?  It doesn't look like it.  I could actually see why that would make a difference

2016-12-19
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here you go man, I included some D-log in this for you
2016-12-19
Use props
fans96e0e6e4
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Krankie Posted at 2016-12-19 10:22
Here you go man, I included some D-log in this for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMDgiIkL1_M

Thank you. On your video sky seems to be completely washed ? Because of new D-log from DJI i guessed.
2016-12-19
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans96e0e6e4 Posted at 2016-12-19 07:24
Thank you. On your video sky seems to be completely washed ? Because of new D-log from DJI i guessed.

Interestingly enough, no, it was just a low cloud ceiling on the first show, however I definitely think the d-log effected the skateboard scene..   I must say that NOBODY reads scopes anymore.  I was working with a another op yesterday and told him to simply crush his blacks and reduce the detail (sharpening) for focus and he looked at me like I was mad.  Good on yeah man.  Glad to see you calling people out on the basics.  Of all the settings DJI should get the d-log correct seeing that's where you need it most.  
2016-12-19
Use props
fans96e0e6e4
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Krankie Posted at 2016-12-19 13:52
Interestingly enough, no, it was just a low cloud ceiling on the first show, however I definitely think the d-log effected the skateboard scene..   I must say that NOBODY reads scopes anymore.  I was working with a another op yesterday and told him to simply crush his blacks and reduce the detail (sharpening) for focus and he looked at me like I was mad.  Good on yeah man.  Glad to see you calling people out on the basics.  Of all the settings DJI should get the d-log correct seeing that's where you need it most.

I guess that they mix hobby and real professional way of quality .... I agree about D-LOG, I think that best profile after update of firmware of 9th december is none or cinelike, cinelike looks like maybe the best to reach the spot. I made again some new tests today to check about it.
2016-12-19
Use props
fansac40b925
lvl.1

Canada

Phantom 4 fall out of the sky.screen said over reved motor. Only 4 weeks old $1500 waste
2017-1-20
Use props
dhimmakada
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules