How do I disable default app selection in Android OS?
5524 6 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CADDJockey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

I have both DJI Go3 and DJI Go4 installed on my Galaxy S6.  At one time, before I installed Go4, my phone would always ask which app I wanted to launch when I had the phone connected to the RC and started up the RC.  At some point, I hit the "Always use this selection" or whatever its called box so it wouldn't ask me anymore.  Now that I have both Go3 and Go4 installed, sometimes I want to fly with Go3, and sometimes I want to fly with Go4.  But the problem is it now auto-launches the last app that I had running.

Th only way I know how to clear the default (temporarily) is to go into the application manager and clear the default for the last Go app that I ran with the RC.  What I really want is to uncheck that box so my phone will prompt me every time I fire up the RC with the phone attached.

Has anybody overcome this problem?  Can anybody tell me how to make my phone ask every time?

In case you're wondering why I want to run the old app, certain features in Go4 crash, or just don't work the same as Go3.

Thanks.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, please refer to this thread to clear defaults :http://forum.dji.com/thread-75403-1-1.html
2016-12-19
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
United States

Bummer!  That's pretty much what I'm already doing.  So, there isn't a way to un-check the 'always' box?
2016-12-19
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

CADDJockey Posted at 2016-12-19 23:16
Bummer!  That's pretty much what I'm already doing.  So, there isn't a way to un-check the 'always' box?

OK, clear the defaults AGAIN.  Do this for BOTH apps, please.

Now, when you connect your drone & the pop-up asks you which app you want to use (DJI GO or DJI GO 4), TAP the APP you want TWICE...  That's it.  NEVER tap the 2 choices below the apps.

You'll get the pop-up everytime now.  If not, then the recent Android update that you must have done is your limitation, not DJI.
2016-12-19
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-20 02:27

Now, when you connect your drone & the pop-up asks you which app you want to use (DJI GO or DJI GO 4), TAP the APP you want TWICE...  That's it.  NEVER tap the 2 choices below the apps.

Thanks.  I'll give that a try again.  I'm sure it's an Android thing, since the OS controls the launching of apps.
2016-12-20
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-20 02:27

Darn! no luck.  I wonder if removing the two apps, then reinstalling them would clear that 'Always' flag.  There's gotta be a way to get that turned off.
2016-12-20
Use props
Forhad Hossen
lvl.1

Bangladesh

Ok, I will try for it.
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules