7364 41 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Craignos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5574954 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Do I obsolutely need the Cinema DNG and ProRes licenses to record in these 2 format, or will it record in these formats out of factory but I need Final Cut Pro X let's say, in order to view the recorded ProRes files?

Thanks!

2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In order to use the resolutions provided by those codecs, you would need to purchase those licenses. There are other formats/resolutions you can still have access to, but you will not be getting the most out of your camera. To give you a better idea, here is what you would have access to without the ProRes and CinemaDNG licenses:
Resolutions List for X5S without Licenses.JPG

2016-12-19
Use props
leoamartinez11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-19 19:31
In order to use the resolutions provided by those codecs, you would need to purchase those licenses. There are other formats/resolutions you can still have access to, but you will not be getting the most out of your camera. To give you a better idea, here is what you would have access to without the ProRes and CinemaDNG licenses:
[view_image]

Perfect Explanation!
2016-12-20
Use props
fans98d63e0a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Does the chart mean you can record 5280 by 3956 images, 20 frame burst rate to the Inspire 2's included microSD card?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans98d63e0a Posted at 2016-12-21 04:34
Does the chart mean you can record 5280 by 3956 images, 20 frame burst rate to the Inspire 2's included microSD card?

Yes, that's correct.
2016-12-20
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

I thought that was for the SSD only.... thats a high data rate for SD card
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2016-12-21 05:45
I thought that was for the SSD only.... thats a high data rate for SD card

From what I understand, only the CinemaDNG and ProRes codecs go on the SSD, but I'll double check.
2016-12-20
Use props
nuts4drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21946 ft
United States

One thing nobody's talking about, is that apparently in addition to the co$t of the CinemaDNG and PreRes licenses, it takes a long time to transfer 5K CinemaDNG footage from the SSD card to a computer.

From some sources, I've heard hour or two for a full card. Which means, you'd need consider the cost to invest in at least in two or three of the bigger SSD's to avoid grounding your bird after every take.
2016-12-20
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Best explanation I've seen so far but have a additional question and that's is there a key for each or can one purchase a key for one or the others of choice?
2016-12-21
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

vonbaron1 Posted at 2016-12-21 20:01
Best explanation I've seen so far but have a additional question and that's is there a key for each or can one purchase a key for one or the others of choice?

At http://www.globe-flight.de/DJI-Inspire-2_3 you can order Inspire 2 with with the options both or each for them self.
2016-12-24
Use props
Fragenstein198
lvl.1

United States

Be careful to order the drone WITH the license. We were informed that you CANNOT add Pro Res or DNG to any Inspire 2 drones that aren't shipped from the factory with the license already pre-installed. We had to cancel our "bare" Inspire 2 order and re-order the premium bundle accordingly. This was confirmed by both the Enterprise team and the regular consumer side. This might change down the road, but for now be careful.
2016-12-24
Use props
fans98d63e0a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

We need the Moderator to confirm this please.
2016-12-24
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

Hey Jamie I think you will find that the 20 FPS is only to the SSD , the highest frame rate to SD will be 14 FPS, witch is still very good.
2016-12-25
Use props
JK13
lvl.1
United States

I am jumping into this shortly and wondering from the start which format is preferred?

CinemaDNG or ProRes?

Currently I use Macs with Lightroom for stills and have PC available also??

Thanks for your opinion!

Joe
2016-12-25
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good question JK13, as I will pick CinemaDNG or ProRes but not both.  I have no reason to use both.
2016-12-25
Use props
JK13
lvl.1
United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2016-12-25 15:24
Good question JK13, as I will pick CinemaDNG or ProRes but not both.  I have no reason to use both.

vonbaron1
Yes - thats what I am thinking - maybe a waste to get both except for future resale value as it is connected to the airframe!

Joe
2016-12-25
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fragenstein198 Posted at 2016-12-25 06:41
Be careful to order the drone WITH the license. We were informed that you CANNOT add Pro Res or DNG to any Inspire 2 drones that aren't shipped from the factory with the license already pre-installed. We had to cancel our "bare" Inspire 2 order and re-order the premium bundle accordingly. This was confirmed by both the Enterprise team and the regular consumer side. This might change down the road, but for now be careful.

That was not my experience while doing testing.  Our units arrived without SSD cards or licenses.  In the Assistant 2, there is a licenses tab.  You go to that page, confirm the S/N of the craft and then once you have purchased the license, you will be given a activation code.  That will activate the CineDNG and ProRes.  CineCore is present in all our Inspire 2s.  It would make no sense to make it a required purchase rather than an option.  I am sorry you were given bad advice.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

To add to Tahoe Ed's post, here is the reading material on the DJI Website for adding the license keys on the back end:

http://www.dji.com/service/inspire-2-license-key/guide

2016-12-26
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

jetforce Posted at 2016-12-24 04:51
At http://www.globe-flight.de/DJI-Inspire-2_3 you can order Inspire 2 with with the options both or each for them self.

I have a question in how would you install the license keys after in a future date?

I will have to purchase the Inspire 2 , one piece at a time and hide it from my wife..lol

What is the procedure?
2016-12-27
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-12-27 16:13
I have a question in how would you install the license keys after in a future date?

I will have to purchase the Inspire 2 , one piece at a time and hide it from my wife..lol

I`m not sure how it works, but DJI stated that you should be able to so later.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-77525-1-1.html

DJI Natalia wrote:

Hi All, sorry for any confusion caused.
To make it clear, if you purchase the Inspire 2 (only aircraft), you can also purchase the license respectively, then activate it.
The reason why you cannot add it to your cart is that it's not available recently on our DJI online store, while it will be available in near future.

Besides, there are three tips for you:
1. You can use it directly if you order the combo from DJI store.
2. If you order aircraft, gimbal camera and license (such as CinemaDNG) together, then you need activate it via Assistant 2 with the verification code.
3. If you order an aircraft only, then purchase the license, you need bind the Cinecore code and activate it via Assistant 2 with the verification code.
2016-12-27
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This seems to be a lot of rumours flying around about the licenses not being available if you buy the Inspire 2 airframe on its own not true see links.

I have ordered two Inspire 2 airframe and separate camera without lens have been using the DJI 15mm from 12 months and prefer the Olympus lenses that are available.

Click for DJI Store Link to DJI CinemaDNG & Apple ProRes License Key $1500 US = £1,550.00

Click for CinmaDNG License Key $1000 US = £1,000.00

Click for Apple ProRes Licese Key $500 US = £550.00

2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-12-27 23:13

I actually added a link in post #18.

In sum after you get the activation code, you'll enter it into the Assistant 2 software when you connect the I2. Totally easy to hide it from the wife.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Both jetforce and Arrow hit the nail on the head, the options are there. The only thing at the moment is that since the Inspire 2 is still a pre order item, the purchasing process the license keys on the back end is not fully up and running due to no one having an aircraft to input the S/N with to complete the purchase.

If you know you're going to use one or both codecs, then it would be fastest to combine them with the order. If you will be holding out and testing the camera for a little bit at its base specs, then this wait would most likely not affect you when that decision time comes.
2016-12-28
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is now available separately from Inspire 2 combo CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes License Key

http://store.dji.com/product/cin ... now_bar#/?_k=aasp7m
2017-1-1
Use props
Craignos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks everyone for voicing in!
I received my Inspire 2 combo yesterday, although the SSD and ready, with some other accessories are on back-order, I can fly!
Can't wait to produce real-life results!

2017-1-5
Use props
Spihlman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1080558 ft
Finland

Hi!
Edited rightaway, since I saw everyone had answered already.

I wish to know, that can I shoot RAW & ProRes in HD, with these licenses? or is it only UHD or bigger??

Thanks!  
2017-1-5
Use props
Craignos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Spihlman Posted at 2017-1-5 12:50
Hi!
Edited rightaway, since I saw everyone had answered already.

The manual surely doesn't mention that exact option for recording. Worse case scenario you'd have to downsize a UHD ProRes recording to FHD.
Cheers,
2017-1-7
Use props
hazian
New

United States

Kind of a side question with those who own an ssd with cdng license. I'm getting an error - writing to ssd card when shooting 5k raw. Although 4k works just fine. Anyone getting this error? It's with the 120gb ssd card.
2017-1-17
Use props
CyrilCC
New
France

Hi everyone, after activating my licence CinemaDNG on Inspire 2 a few days ago, I wonder if its possible to remove it and reinstall on another inspire 2 ? (I mean 1 licence on 1 drone of course)
I think its not working but I prefer be sure of. Many thanks for your help guys.

2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CyrilCC Posted at 2017-7-2 04:50
Hi everyone, after activating my licence CinemaDNG on Inspire 2 a few days ago, I wonder if its possible to remove it and reinstall on another inspire 2 ? (I mean 1 licence on 1 drone of course)
I think its not working but I prefer be sure of. Many thanks for your help guys.

I'm sorry it is impossible to be transferred because the license has been bond to the Cinecore SN.
2017-7-2
Use props
CyrilCC
New
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-2 05:20
I'm sorry it is impossible to be transferred because the license has been bond to the Cinecore SN.

Thank you for your quick answer ;)
2017-7-2
Use props
Unsal Aykenar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8385853 ft
Turkey

Hello DJI,
What happens the licence if inspire 2 drone crashed, broken or get scrap because of some reasons? Can not we transfer licence from scrap drone to new drone?
All my best
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Unsal Aykenar Posted at 2017-10-20 21:15
Hello DJI,
What happens the licence if inspire 2 drone crashed, broken or get scrap because of some reasons? Can not we transfer licence from scrap drone to new drone?
All my best

Don't feel worry about it. If you drone crashed, you can send it back and we will help you transfer the license to a new drone. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-20
Use props
Unsal Aykenar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8385853 ft
Turkey

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-20 22:11
Don't feel worry about it. If you drone crashed, you can send it back and we will help you transfer the license to a new drone. Thanks for your support.

Thanks for your quick response Elektra
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Unsal Aykenar Posted at 2017-10-21 08:31
Thanks for your quick response Elektra

You are welcome. Please let us know if you have further question.
2017-10-23
Use props
Negens
lvl.1

Colombia

Hello,
I'm quite astonished that DJI make us pay a "CinemaDNG license".

CinemaDNG is OpenSource free license standard !
http://www.cinema-dng.com/?page_id=24/

Even for an implementation, the price is really high. This is something that is normally ever included in the development process, during the conception;
I was considering buying new DJI products but I'm really hesitating now.
2017-11-24
Use props
fansd0617756
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439751 ft
United Kingdom

Negens Posted at 2017-11-24 12:25
Hello,
I'm quite astonished that DJI make us pay a "CinemaDNG license".

In the instructions it states connect I@ to a computer using the data cable provided - I haven't got a data cable?

I have purchased the Apple PRORES licence and have the activation code but cannot see how to get it onto the I2?
2017-12-10
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

fansd0617756 Posted at 2017-12-10 06:32
In the instructions it states connect I@ to a computer using the data cable provided - I haven't got a data cable?

I have purchased the Apple PRORES licence and have the activation code but cannot see how to get it onto the I2?

Use the USB-A to USB-A cable which was provided in the box with your I2. It was in the cardboard section which contained the alignment board, power supply etc.
Look at Page 4 of the "inside the box" manual.
2017-12-10
Use props
fansd0617756
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439751 ft
United Kingdom

dan_vector Posted at 2017-12-10 06:50
Use the USB-A to USB-A cable which was provided in the box with your I2. It was in the cardboard section which contained the alignment board, power supply etc.
Look at Page 4 of the "inside the box" manual.

Ooops good job I hadn't thrown the box out - thanks.
2017-12-10
Use props
David_Heisler
New
United States

I purchased a Inspire 2 with X7 like two months ago
I also at the same time purchased the COMBO ProRES and CinemaDNG bundle for 1300…

I have now received the drone and all the gear, but the Inspire won’t activate the license to allow me to use the ProRes and CinemaDNG…
When I connect the drone to the DJI Assistant software, it recognizes the drone and when I proceed to the License page to enter my activation key (which was send via email from DJI after purchase) there is no place to enter it….just a splash screen with an image of the inspire and my drone serial number above it.

I have talked to DJI customer and tech service, no one seems to be able to help.
Can you please tell me how to make this damn thing work finally…so I can get back to work.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED:

Reinstalling Assistant Software on three different computers
Resetting Factory Settings
New cords

I purchased all of these items at the same time with the same order...what is going on....It feels to me like the software is buggy am i crazy, why isn't my license showing up in assistant.

PLEASE HELP PEOPLE
2018-1-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules