Best Photo Editing Software
15895 61 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

So finally now I have quit using Lightroom after a lot of testing on Capture one 11 from Phase one  which I like much more and bought it.
And also as said before I am using Affinity Pro in instead of Photoshop and do not regret that switching ether.
2018-1-7
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-1-7 04:18
same.  No brainer for me - and had asked on the Affinity forum alongside a host of other users.

That's the other plus point for Affinty Photo - the devs take part in the forums, and not only offer advice to users, but will also answer questions and take onboard what users are saying.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check out the forum. I would rather pay as I go than a monthly commitment. I am still searching for a good mapping program with pay as you go rather than a monthly commitment.
2018-1-7
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

DXO photolab. P4P has finally been added to the database. Best choice.
2018-1-7
Use props
SKY-CINEMA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 754767 ft
Moldova

Lightroom is great to edit RAW images. Than I use Photoshop to reduce noise, add sharpness and so on. You may use RAW editor in Photoshop but it has small number of features. Lightroom is better.
2018-1-7
Use props
SKY-CINEMA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 754767 ft
Moldova

Lightroom is great to edit RAW images. Than I use Photoshop to reduce noise, add sharpness and so on. You may use RAW editor in Photoshop but it has small number of features. Lightroom is better.
2018-1-7
Use props
Steven Black
New

India

Hello,
I would recommend you to use photoviewerpro (https://www.photoviewerpro.com/). It is highly effective and user friendly. You have to just do onetime payment and you can avail the application update benefits freely. You can try 21 days trial period.
It has lots of feature, but I can specify the best one here:
1. Dual monitor configuration support
2. More than 150 transition effect
3. Compare images side by side (up to 4 at a time)
Regards,
Steven

2018-3-23
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lightroom-Photoshop package plus Premier Pro for Video's Send my images out to be calibrated printed at a pro print shop - easier and cheaper in the long run.
2018-3-24
Use props
LaslieHarley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

If you’re looking for a relatively easy to use and powerful free photo editor , that isn't GIMP, you may try Digital Photo Professional from Canon or LightZone. Rawtherapee is probably one of the better free raw image editors, Darktable is also worth a look if you use Linux or OSX. Neither are as good as Lightroom for library management and high volume work but can be better for making detailed adjustments to a small number of images. Lightroom costs $119. Compared to the expense of everything else in photography it is dirt cheap. You will use it for every photo you process, and it'll help catalog your images too
2019-1-31
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 674137 ft
United States

Photoshop for sure....although for basic photo editing and organization Lightroom would also work.
2019-1-31
Use props
maryaustin
lvl.1

Bangladesh

My vote also goes for Adobe Photoshop. It's pretty effective in every way. But sometimes i use Lightroom for my need.

You should Check out my portfolio, what can I do with Photoshop - Jewelry image editing by Adobe Photoshop
2019-2-6
Use props
Joshua Saprano
New

India

Have you tried photoviewerpro? Try and see it works perfectly well.
2019-3-16
Use props
prelly
New

Cambodia

Personally i use the photo editing software from https://www.photo-editing-software-for-windows-10.com/ because it is easy to use and have o lot of useful functions and all what i need. Its so simple that even my daughter (9) can handle it very good and she like that there are so many photo effects.
2019-3-28
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Photoshop here. I've been using it since the 1990s when I switched from Aldus Photo Styler to Photoshop.
2019-3-28
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Svt04cobra Posted at 2016-12-19 17:45
I'd like to know what everyone is using also.

Me too
2019-3-29
Use props
clairewhite
New

Taiwan

Neither Photoshop nor Lightroom. I use https://www.widsmob.com/retoucher
Budget and friendly to newbies.
2019-6-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It came in my bundle... hahaha

RedHotPoker
2019-6-6
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

This is a tricky one. Most editors excel in one or two areas but lack in others. Most Pro's use multiple ones, even ones that rent the complete Adobe package.

You want the best noise reduction? The best RAW converter? The most versatile, cheapest? Do you want 'old school' editing where every parameter is done manually in steps or do you want to make use of the increasingly powerful AI in some packages giving you some help without resorting to 'auto' modes?

You are unlikely to find 'the best' in one package.

Monthly subscription, one-off or 'to upgrade only' fees?

Adobe is probably the defacto choice but the monthly subscriptions soon mount up substantially. Ok if you are a pro and make a living  out of of it but perhaps overkill for hobbyists plus once you stop paying ...

On1 Photo Raw (2019) is a one-off charge. It's yours forever but if you want to update to the latest version every yearyou have to pay again if you need additional, new features although its (slightly
2019-6-6
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

... cheaper if you already have an existing version. Still cheaper than Adobe but you are lacking some features (many of which many never need).

It's a fantastic Editor with very advanced AI algorithms, making editing fun and, if you wish so, less time consuming though it has most traditional step by step modes so you can do that too. Weak points ... Noise reduction. Not the best but neither are Adobe/Lightroom or most other well known editors. (There is really only one choice for the most effective noise reduction and its relatively expensive; DxO OpticsPro 11 Elite). Other than that ONE1 should give most photographers what they need for editing. It can be a little slower, depending on hardware used but the makers have improved it considerably over the years and considering the power on hand, it's not an issue.

I could go on and on, there are so many but perhaps worth pointing out another Editor which is very powerful and with a low one-off fee of $50 with no further cost;

2019-6-6
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

... Affinity.

This really is almost a complete Adobe Lightroom replacement but adding further functionality beyond LR.

Downsides ... more involved to learn but if you come from Adobe you will have little problems. Much of the interface is similar. - It can be slower than Adobe and there are some little bugs here and there but the developers are continuously improving the software.

There are many others. You have to prioritize what exactly you need and weigh up cost.
2019-6-7
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I use Pinnacle Studio ...........  and I feel like an orphan !!  No one else seems to like it  
2019-6-12
Use props
lebone
New

Bangladesh

Gotta say I’m a fan of Adobe Creative Suite. Even I've got both Designer and Photo from Affinity. I am practicing how to use Affinity Photo right now. Honestly, there are too many choices now (https://clippingpathindia.com/blogs/tips/what-s-the-easiest-photo-editing-software-30-tools-to-choose-from/) but It principle makes it impossible for me to try new items because of the learning curve. What is yours?
2020-10-18
Use props
Peter Kolarov
New

Ukraine

Pesnonally I used sometimes online photo editors edding side effects/animation ,maybe that will do to your request although Photoshop is more advanced in terms of instruments ,https://crello.com/create/animation-maker/
2021-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules