Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Set flight preferences without turning on drone.
16584 51 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pJG96kvTKtTv
New

United States

damaltor Posted at 2016-12-19 21:35
Well I don't know, I think this should be possible? Make the settings in the app for which ever drone and then sync it to the drone and rc when connected.
Similar to setting up a Harmony remote as an example... do the configuration within the software, then sync it to the remote and hub.

I am new to drone flying and I just wish I could pull up the in flight menu in offline mode to get more comfortable with the settings when I’m not connected to my drone
2020-2-13
Use props
djiuser_VV1W5VcT42ma
New

United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-19 17:51
Considering the settings are saved in the drone and not the app I don't think you're going to get what you hope.

Isn't that the point?  The OP is stating that this should be designed differently (and I would agree)
2021-6-1
Use props
acp73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209531 ft
Ukraine

Recently got my first drone so pretty new to all this, but seems this solution was never implemented. Please correct me if I am wrong though. Really inconvenient having to turn on the drone to access app settings. As others have mentioned - with 30 minutes per battery, every second counts )
2021-6-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

acp73 Posted at 6-26 02:54
Recently got my first drone so pretty new to all this, but seems this solution was never implemented. Please correct me if I am wrong though. Really inconvenient having to turn on the drone to access app settings. As others have mentioned - with 30 minutes per battery, every second counts )

It's no big deal, and it's not going to change.
You can check or change settings as you fly anyway.
2021-6-26
Use props
djiuser_aLre0EIfhGr2
lvl.1

United States

Seems like it should be very easy to design the app to allow you to pre-program settings to be applied the next time that drone is connected.
2022-4-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If things were set that way what happens if you use the same phone and App with several different types of drone and have, and want, each drone set up differently? I would suggest that in the long run it is safer to store settings on the drone.
2022-4-10
Use props
fans47c4d204
New
Flight distance : 87851 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 01:58
We do appreciate your suggestion and will pass the suggestion to the appropriate team for review. Thanks.

Any updates on this since *checks date* uhh 2016? I'd like to casually adjust my Waypoints mission on the DJI Fly app without hooking everything else up.
edit: please, thank you
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans47c4d204 Posted at 5-23 06:39
Any updates on this since *checks date* uhh 2016? I'd like to casually adjust my Waypoints mission on the DJI Fly app without hooking everything else up.
edit: please, thank you

Hi there, we have not got any information about it. But we will forward again your request to the corresponding team.
2023-5-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Free Bird Posted at 2016-12-19 23:38
I agree with damaltor. Software is software and where it is stored should make no difference. They talk to each other and relay messages back and forth. When you turn on the drone it sends and picks up signals from the remote. The cell phone you use is also capable of sending and receiving information to the drone through the remote.
I wish someone from DJI would tell us why it is the way it is.

You fail to see the obvious flaw in your logic.

To be able to determine which drone you are dealing with you need to turn on the drone and Downland the settings. Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?.
2023-5-24
Use props
djiuser_LOkdfRTrwR2n
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi DJI, I totally agree with those in this topic who wish that it would be possible to see all settings while the drone is off.
I just got my first drone and want to explore all the settings while watching youtube video's that explain the settings.
That's the only way to figure out what everything means and how it affects using the controls, since there is no DJI Fly pdf manual available.
So I am discharging drone batteries one by one just going through the settings without flying.
It is just a design issue. The RC could be configured to know which drone is actual ( just a config option "select drone model", even the serial of the drone could be stored with the config) so that it know's which settings to show in the RC Fly app.
Also the actual configuration of the drone is just a batch of parameters that could be stored in the RC and synced with the drone when the drone is turned on.

By the way, I an impressed by the quality and control possibilities of my Mini 3 Pro!
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_LOkdfRTrwR2n
lvl.1

Netherlands

Some additional thoughts: If remembering the drone model and keeping its config parameters in the Fly app on the RC or smartphone storage is too big a change, an alternative change could be considered by DJI.
Why not let us be able to switch off the camera while the drone is turned on and not flying?
Not having to transmit video all the time it is turned on would significantly decrease battery drain!
Regards, Han
2023-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules