DJI GO App Crashing
4139 12 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boone
New

United States

Hey everyone. Got my Mavic Pro last week and I've been having a great time flying it around.
Earlier today my app started crashing and I can't even get it open anymore. Any ideas? I've reinstalled and restarted, but nothing seems to be working.

Thanks for any help.
2016-12-19
Use props
fansfe8578f6
New

United States

If you're on Android, try this: https://youtu.be/LuLhpRtOeQc
2016-12-19
Use props
fansfe8578f6
New

United States

fansfe8578f6 Posted at 2016-12-19 20:10

https://youtu.be/LuLhpRtOeQc
2016-12-19
Use props
Boone
New

United States

fansfe8578f6 Posted at 2016-12-19 22:10

Hey, thanks I just saw your video right after I posted my question. I actually just went ahead and downloaded DJI GO 4 and I'm going to try and use that with my Mavic tomorrow. The app is at least launching without crashing right now. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Boone Posted at 2016-12-20 11:14
Hey, thanks I just saw your video right after I posted my question. I actually just went ahead and downloaded DJI GO 4 and I'm going to try and use that with my Mavic tomorrow. The app is at least launching without crashing right now. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

In addition, could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
2016-12-20
Use props
Boone
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 04:08

Samsung Galaxy J5
2016-12-20
Use props
Boone
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 04:08

After I power up the controller and my Mavic, the DJI Go App tried to launch but just keeps popping and disappearing over and over again, so I have to restart my phone. It would usually work after that, but now after I restart and then try to launch the app again, it always crashes.

"Unfortunately DJI GO has stopped."
2016-12-20
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

I am curious if the s7 edge users have adoptable storage set up with the SD card. I had trouble with my gear 360 crashing all the time giving me the "Unfortunately Gear Manager has stopped."  and the app was saved to my sd card. When I moved the app to internal storage all problems stopped. I just recieved my Mavic so I have not been able to test this theory out yet.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Boone Posted at 2016-12-20 22:23
After I power up the controller and my Mavic, the DJI Go App tried to launch but just keeps popping and disappearing over and over again, so I have to restart my phone. It would usually work after that, but now after I restart and then try to launch the app again, it always crashes.

Could you please provide a screenshot and send me the crash log?
You can find the crash log via this path : mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH
2016-12-20
Use props
Gunpilot399
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 19:30
Could you please provide a screenshot and send me the crash log?
You can find the crash log via this path : mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH

2 weeks ago when I received my Mavic I was using my Samsung Galaxy s5 phone with the RC. Was getting a lot of occurrences of losing the video on the screen and disconnecting. Went out over weekend and bought an ipad mini2. Guess what - app still loses video display from time to time with the message on top LHS of RC saying that video transmission lost. Can anyone assist in how to stop this happening or at least give me a reliable process to regain video when this happens and Mavic is in the air. The screen still displays all the other flight info - just not the camera view.
2017-1-3
Use props
SBT1979
lvl.2

Spain

Gunpilot399 Posted at 2017-1-3 02:28
2 weeks ago when I received my Mavic I was using my Samsung Galaxy s5 phone with the RC. Was getting a lot of occurrences of losing the video on the screen and disconnecting. Went out over weekend and bought an ipad mini2. Guess what - app still loses video display from time to time with the message on top LHS of RC saying that video transmission lost. Can anyone assist in how to stop this happening or at least give me a reliable process to regain video when this happens and Mavic is in the air. The screen still displays all the other flight info - just not the camera view.

i have similar problems in huawei. You can try connect device with port usb. In my case, solved it with sony xperia z connect usb port. i dont know if the problem is device? cable? or port usb?, but huawei in micro usb port fail, disconected, lost rc...and xperia via usb no problem.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gunpilot399 Posted at 2017-1-3 02:28

What's the distance when it lost signal?
Have you try to adjust the antenna?
2017-1-4
Use props
fansc3ad7ea5
New
United States

Boone Posted at 2016-12-20 06:23

I am actually experiencing this. Is there a remedy?
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules