Gimbal shake
1149 4 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
malvar17
New

United States

Just received my Mavic pro a couple of days ago. I've done a couple of test flights and everything seems to be working good except for an ocassional video stutter/shake which seems to happen when the Mavic makes sudden stops. I think I've narrowed it down to the gimbal not being able to stay steady due to sudden stops (and sometimes not so sudden stops) which causes the recorded video to have a twitch/shake for a split second. I have a Phantom 3 Pro and it does not suffer from this, not sure if its because the P3 is heavier and has larger gimbal. is this normal for the Mavic? is anybody else experiencing similar behavior? Thanks in advance for any help.

2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello malvar17, Gimbal camera's stability is not guaranteed when the aircraft is braking.
Maybe you could try to slow down the speed slowly.
2016-12-20
Use props
fans628b7609
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234948 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 16:41
Hello malvar17, Gimbal camera's stability is not guaranteed when the aircraft is braking.
Maybe you could try to slow down the speed slowly.

DJI Mindy, i'm pretty sure it's not suppose to do this! This was in normal mode with obsticle avoidance on so not even in normal mode or sports mode. And this unit just come back from DJI Australia Repair center, only thing i did was upgrade to the latest firmware.....

2016-12-21
Use props
bigcheese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 403304 ft
Germany

have you tried a gimbal calibration? someone reported similar and calibration seemed to solve it
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules