iOS App Version 1.0 Issues?
824 3 2015-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

So I have flown my Inspire about 10 collective times since I got it less than a month ago. I recieved mine during the period the IOS app was pulled from the app store and like many downloaded the beta version of the app via links on this forum for my iPad Air (Version 1 - A7 processor). -- Lost GPS maybe one time and regained within seconds only during take off.

Today I downloaded the newly released version 1 via the itunes app store and took her out for a flight. Not only did I lose GPS almost immediatley after take off but instead of the status bar turning yellow and flipping to ATTI it was blinking red that gps was lost. This lasted for a few seconds each time but happened more times than I felt comfortable with during a 10 minute flight. I kept her within sight and low altitulte and even got a weak RC warning at only 1000ft out.

My feeling is that the beta app seemed more reliable and had a smoother flight than what I experienced today.

(Note: I calibrated compass, however I did not re-calibrate the IMU before today's flight or with the new app) -- could this be the issue?
App says: "Normal" (Firmware is latest) so i'm assuming I'm not old on anything correct?

Anyone else experiencing similiar issues?

-S

2015-2-12
Use props
kc1628
lvl.1

United States

I had signal issues with mine...couldn't connect using version 1.0 and had to use the old 0.92...check my post for the details.
2015-2-12
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

no one else is having issues or can chime in?
2015-2-13
Use props
jan.exploringim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3514751 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

scooterlam Posted at 2015-2-13 16:17
no one else is having issues or can chime in?

I have exactly the same issue as you describe, but I already had that with ver 0.92. Typical scenario for me is 2-3 min after takeoff i loss P-GPS mode and it warns Calibrate Compass in red, and then change to P-ATTI mode. After 20-30 sec it comes back in P-GPS mode. During that time, it start to drift according to the Wind more or less.
Always same pattern in the errors and it is in every fights.
2015-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules