Where is the inspire pro firmware update?
1652 20 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ESC
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hey

I searched for a long time now, but couldn't find the inspire 1 pro firmware update anymore.

I have to use the drone as soon as possible and I'm scared, that if I would take the normal inspire 1 update, I would have to send my drone to the factory afterwards. I had that problem once with the phantom.
Can someone post the link?

thx for the help,
Tom
2016-12-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Here you go , make sure you get the PRO and not the RAW, double or triple check this !

I agree, they made the Downloads hard to find .

http://www.dji.com/inspire-1-pro-and-raw/info#downloads
Tom what version are you on right now ?  You do not HAVE to update you know .  Depending on the version you are aT , YOU MAY JUST WANT TO STAY PUT !

Let me know what version you are on, fire up the AC, RC and Go App and go to the About Page  and lsit the current FirmWare versions .

Also read my tips page , it only takes a few minutes to read and may save you hours of heartache.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid574038

****Make this page one of your "favorites " on your PC or MAC , then just scroll down to the PRO -RAW mear the bottom right of the page and it will always take you to the downsloads page .  
Hope this helps

Merry Christmas

donnie

2016-12-20
Use props
ESC
lvl.1

Switzerland

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-20 14:36
Here you go , make sure you get the PRO and not the RAW, double or triple check this !

THX a lot. I have Drone v1.4, my drone is grounded, nothing is working properly. Till now i never updated the drone at all, bought it a year ago. Can you tell me how it is possible that things like batteries and the howl system isn't working anymore?
2016-12-20
Use props
ESC
lvl.1

Switzerland

ESC Posted at 2016-12-20 15:25
THX a lot. I have Drone v1.4, my drone is grounded, nothing is working properly. Till now i never updated the drone at all, bought it a year ago. Can you tell me how it is possible that things like batteries and the howl system isn't working anymore?

Hey Donnie

Sadly the update on the aircraft didn't work. what can I do?

========== 2015.10.29 20:55:37 =====================
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.00.00.30_1012.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.
2016-12-20
Use props
ESC
lvl.1

Switzerland

I don't get it really, I made the update everything looked fine but then the fail signal came. now in the text it looks like it couldn't update...???

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Upgrading ...

When I delete the update file on the card and start the remote and drone and app, there is only the RC showing to need an update. Can I do that now? You wrote on your help page never update the RC before the drone, but I never got the all fine Beeps from the drone.

I need this thing flying tomorrow, I don't wanna crash everything by updating in the wrong way. looking forward to your help. thx a lot in advance.

tom
2016-12-20
Use props
ESC
lvl.1

Switzerland

I don't get it really, I made the update everything looked fine but then the fail signal came. now in the text it looks like it couldn't update...???

Upgrading ...

When I delete the update file on the card and start the remote and drone and app, there is only the RC showing to need an update. Can I do that now? You wrote on your help page never update the RC before the drone, but I never got the all fine Beeps from the drone.
Version Status:

App: 3.1.1
Drone: 1.4.00.10+
RC: 1.4.30 (not jet updated)
Camera: 1.10.1.40

I need this thing flying tomorrow, I don't wanna crash everything by updating in the wrong way. looking forward to your help. thx a lot in advance.

tom

2016-12-20
Use props
ESC
lvl.1

Switzerland

ESC Posted at 2016-12-20 16:44

2 of my 4 batteries look dead, can't charge, put them on or off. one stays LEDs on the other one doesn't react at all. Anything I can do?
2016-12-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

ESC Posted at 2016-12-20 10:16
2 of my 4 batteries look dead, can't charge, put them on or off. one stays LEDs on the other one doesn't react at all. Anything I can do?

Ok, looks to me like you have updated .  the 1.4 .00.10 with a + sign means it is updated but not confirmed with DJI servers .  what I dont understand is that it says failed on your log ....

If you did not touch those batteries in one year without properly discharging them , they will be toast .
Go ahead and update the RC  now .

Notice the camera is up to date now also ....

The log is the only thing that concersn me .

When you get the RC updated, try and have your go app device hooked up to the internet and then fire up your system m the Go app should then link and then roll the 1.4 + over to the 1.10.  firmware.
****Did you say the system would not work at all ?  If you had one good battery for the AC   did you try and fire it up with the 1.4 on the AC and RC ?  If so what happened then ?  If it was broke then , updating may not cure the problem .

donnie

****Many members would love to have had 1.4 for there system , I did not see your message in time  (   Had to work )  but you upgraded , such is life .  

2016-12-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

ESC Posted at 2016-12-20 10:16

Try to force a charge if you can , If you get just one led then turn the battery on and then try to charge it .  More than likely they are goners.  Sorry

donnie
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ESC Posted at 2016-12-20 23:44

Since the firmware section for the aircraft is reading a +(indicating that it does register some sort of change in firmware), that should indicated that it actually updated. You can, for good measure, try 'downgrading' to the previous v1.9.1.30 firmware to see if it provides a success message. Let me know if this helps.

2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ESC Posted at 2016-12-21 00:16

How long have you had those two batteries? For the one that does display LEDs, have you tried turning it on while charging? Do you notice any swelling at all or whether the LiPo is malleable in any way?
2016-12-20
Use props
ESC
lvl.1

Switzerland

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-20 21:00
Try to force a charge if you can , If you get just one led then turn the battery on and then try to charge it .  More than likely they are goners.  Sorry

donnie

Thx for all the help. Looks like all besides this two batteries AND THE CAMERA SIGNAL is working fine now. But, there is no camera signal at all, I can use the RC to tilt the gimbal, even record footage with the camera, but I can only see the recorded footage afterwards on my computer. What can I do? I already searched the web, the only thing I found was to send the system to DJI, I strongly hope I don't have to do that.

tom

2016-12-20
Use props
ESC
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-20 22:28
How long have you had those two batteries? For the one that does display LEDs, have you tried turning it on while charging? Do you notice any swelling at all or whether the LiPo is malleable in any way?

@DJI-Jamie: The Batteries were all brand new, bought all four about little less than a year ago, they are all under 5 times charged and before we didn't use them for longer, we discharged them to around 50% as I knew it from the Phantom, we also used. Two of the four batteries work perfectly fine. The others aren't damaged, no swelling.

I tried everything with this batteries, can't get the LEDs off. The main red LED was on on both of them, but not anymore. For charging we use the charging hub.
2016-12-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

ESC Posted at 2016-12-20 15:32
Thx for all the help. Looks like all besides this two batteries AND THE CAMERA SIGNAL is working fine now. But, there is no camera signal at all, I can use the RC to tilt the gimbal, even record footage with the camera, but I can only see the recorded footage afterwards on my computer. What can I do? I already searched the web, the only thing I found was to send the system to DJI, I strongly hope I don't have to do that.

tom

You must update the RC first to match the Aircraft's, the compatible FW for the RC is version 1.7   the numbers on the firmware versions are not the same .
****EDIT  Poor wording on my Part , Yes always update the Aircraft first when there are updates for both . (   I just meant in order to see the video you must update the RC as well , and to update the RC as the "Next " step .  

Once you update the RC to the latest version you should see video on the Go App screen.  

Make sure on the "About" tab that you are up to date.  If you are and still does not work search for my Hidden Files thread and follow the directions .

donnie
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ESC Posted at 2016-12-21 05:50
@DJI-Jamie: The Batteries were all brand new, bought all four about little less than a year ago, they are all under 5 times charged and before we didn't use them for longer, we discharged them to around 50% as I knew it from the Phantom, we also used. Two of the four batteries work perfectly fine. The others aren't damaged, no swelling.

I tried everything with this batteries, can't get the LEDs off. The main red LED was on on both of them, but not anymore. For charging we use the charging hub.

Have you tried just using the single battery charger to see if that makes any difference? For the camera view issue, could you confirm what firmware you have on it now, or is it the same as in the last screenshot you provided before? If it's the latter, then you would want to try Donnie's advice and let us know if it still persists.
2016-12-21
Use props
ESC
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 20:31
Have you tried just using the single battery charger to see if that makes any difference? For the camera view issue, could you confirm what firmware you have on it now, or is it the same as in the last screenshot you provided before? If it's the latter, then you would want to try Donnie's advice and let us know if it still persists.

NEWS: I flew the drone in the swiss alps. First there was no camera signal at all. I could watch the replay when I started the drone again. On the second flight about 3500 meters over sea, I got a signal back, first just flickering and now it's all working again, but the interesting thing is, that it shows now the message I should update the camera... Before the flight the camera was updated. What should I do now?

Batteries: Yes I tried that, didn't charge with the single charger either. Can i send the not working batteries to DJI, will they get replaced?

RC: Donnie, did I get you wrong? I thought I should always first update the Drone and afterwards the RC, isn't that true anymore?
2016-12-26
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

ESC Posted at 2016-12-26 09:26
NEWS: I flew the drone in the swiss alps. First there was no camera signal at all. I could watch the replay when I started the drone again. On the second flight about 3500 meters over sea, I got a signal back, first just flickering and now it's all working again, but the interesting thing is, that it shows now the message I should update the camera... Before the flight the camera was updated. What should I do now?

Batteries: Yes I tried that, didn't charge with the single charger either. Can i send the not working batteries to DJI, will they get replaced?

Hi ESC,

You did indeed get Donnie wrong, I'm sure he will forgive me for saying that he could have worded that better. Always the aircraft first THEN the RC.

It seems yo have updated the aircraft now you need to do the RC.

I always leave my batteries fully charged and let them drain themselves to their desired storage level (they are intelligent batteries after all). All the stories I have read of batteries dying after being stored have been drained by the operator to "around" 50% before being left. This may sound counter-intuitive but my theory based on what I have read in a number of forums, not once have I heard of anyone having a problem after fully charging their battery before storage. I would love to hear from anyone who has done the same as me who has had issues.

Good luck

Mark G.
2016-12-26
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2016-12-26 04:02
Hi ESC,

You did indeed get Donnie wrong, I'm sure he will forgive me for saying that he could have worded that better. Always the aircraft first THEN the RC.

Yes , indeed , poor wording on My Part , thanks for having my back on this one Mark , Knew I could count on you ! all apologies.

donnie

****Note to self , first mistake in 52 years  ( 53 next month ) .....wonder when the next one will be .......
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ESC Posted at 2016-12-26 17:26

That seems odd that you got a delayed update message, perhaps that there was a delay with the server when using you mobile device. For reference, what mobile device are you using? Regarding the batteries, you may be able to send them in for replacement depending on how long you had them. Just to clarify, are the batteries that are acting up newer than the drone itself, or was everything bought around the same time?
2016-12-26
Use props
ESC
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-26 23:03
That seems odd that you got a delayed update message, perhaps that there was a delay with the server when using you mobile device. For reference, what mobile device are you using? Regarding the batteries, you may be able to send them in for replacement depending on how long you had them. Just to clarify, are the batteries that are acting up newer than the drone itself, or was everything bought around the same time?

@ Jamie, I use the iPhone 6s on newest firmware. The batteries were bought at the same time like the drone, in February 2016, like I said earlier, not more than 5 times charged.

@Mark, looks like you are on to something.  
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ESC Posted at 2016-12-27 09:08
@ Jamie, I use the iPhone 6s on newest firmware. The batteries were bought at the same time like the drone, in February 2016, like I said earlier, not more than 5 times charged.

@Mark, looks like you are on to something.

Is the iOS up to date as well? If all seems fine with the video feed, then you're set for now. Let us know if the video feed issue comes back or if update messages keep lagging.

For the batteries, they are outside of the warranty period, so you would be charged for a replacement if they were sent in. I have seen some threads where customers tried fixing them themselves if they're not already swollen, but you would try that at your own discretion. Otherwise, you may need to look into replacements if you're still not able to turn on the batteries.
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules