Our Mavic Pro Development Team Wants Your Feedback!
123Next >
8819 111 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

stratosHD Posted at 2016-12-20 20:26
It's inconvenient to switch between modes. If there was an easier way to switch the modes would be great, I dont really like to have to open door next to the SD card, just makes me nervous to drop my card

I dont see how you will drop your SD card as it is secured in place unless you click it out and turn the mavic on its side.
2016-12-21
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

I find it very easy to just connect to the remote. Not sure if ill ever fly off of just wifi, sooner or later ill give it a try.
2016-12-21
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WOULD NEVER use it on a £1000 machine, i need a little more reassurance of connection than that,   ABOVE ALL my machine needs to be :-

1) Totally reliable,  near to 100% as possible  ( i dont believe Wifi is, in its current use and layout )
2) I really hate durations of lost connection  ( i will rather buy a less featured machine if it were reliable in its connection )
3) I Dislike bloated App programs, as the protocol for this is in with the standard control version, that dissapoints me ( please make a seperate app for those that like poor controls and disconnects )
4) Other than the Skycontroller for Parrott bebop ( which i love the layout, and its awesome to use, )  i seriously dislike wifi controls especially on touch screen,  very imprecise and annoying for an upmarket product )
5) Wifi is great for toys

Please DJI keep away from Wifi ! !  remove it from your GO apps,  please spend some time on getting the GO app  stable and reliable.

Please DJI  open a poll on what would the customer like most

1)  Reliabilty
2)  ground breaking features
3)  Separating the GO app , (  so that each machine has its own GO app tailored only to the hardware whats in it,  and separate the editor to its own app too
4)  Ease of transport  (  not having to do so many steps when you get to your flying site,  (  i choose to now keep my mavic unfolded all the time,  and my inspire in landing mode ( legs down) i know that means never carrying them in their own case,  but all the assembling and disasembling is crazy.  i am in the process of making custom cases so that these machines are nearly flight ready from box opening.
5)  put the clever electronics of the lipo into the machine and chargers so that you can reduce lipo prices ??

thats just a few !
2016-12-21
Use props
llbr22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253087 ft
  • >>>
United States

The remote is easy to use, and I tend to trust it. So I haven't tried wifi yet
2016-12-21
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I have zero use for it. I see DJI drones as something with long range capabilities. Not close in work. For me Wi-Fi is underuse of the Mavic. It's just extra cost and complexity for maybe one time use. If that.
2016-12-21
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I would also say if it for any reason WiFi part of the firmware/app is bloating or blocking the conventional controller or GO app   REMOVE IT !    by all means make a toy app for wifi if u really want to waste your time,  and make a toy drone to put it on,  i think the toy drone market was pretty full of rubbish please dont make any more !

I thought DJI was about making real up market drones/multirotors ? better time spent developing occusync and top end systems you have,  and then work to keeping it at the top by working on usability and reliability.

DJI please understand your market ! people are paying these prices for your craft purely because your aircraft can outperform and are more reliable than your competitors,  if you drop the ball on either of these you will have lost.  if any of the other buyers of your equipment are like me, i need a reliable craft that can perform each and everytime i take it out to fly,  i use the equipment for professional purposes,  but there are equally many amatuers that use this equipment and plan for weeks a flying experience or holiday break, theres nothing worse than getting to a shoot or venue and its acting up or wont perform.

sorry if i sound a bit over the top.
2016-12-21
Use props
gaucho pictures
lvl.2

United States

Maybe it will change as I fly it more but I think I fall into the "It’s not bad, but the RC and OcuSync suit my purposes, so I don't use it" crowd.
2016-12-21
Use props
tgs3838
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213957 ft
United States

I do like the idea of WiFi mode. But so far I haven't used it because I just haven't needed to. If I have my drone with me. Then I most likely have my controller as well. But I'm sure it'd be useful for those times the remote goes dead or you wanna just try something different
2016-12-21
Use props
Magnil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122838 ft
Sweden

Would like to use Wifi for starting active track or follow me and then be able to put my phone in my pocket and have the Mavic following me while biking
2016-12-21
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

This is a $1000 Pro Entusiast Drone not a toy,  i wouldnt risk the safety of my drone by using wifi mode. it could be on the side of my Phone, or the Mavic, i dont care, i wont use it unless im alone in the open desert, and even then i may not feel in control or safe.

I love the RC control, see no reson of use it without it.
2016-12-21
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

I want to be able to change the Optical Sensor sensibilty, it used to be 3 Mts., now its 1 mts.,
i dont know why is that not an option. i dont care about indoor flight,  or you should made a mode specifally for indoor use that uses 1 mts., distance and not as perky controls, to more smooth flights indoor.

I care about outdoor flight, and i want to have 3 mts.,  so i feel safe about flying and my drone being able to see and aboid objects on his path.

SAFETY and OPTIONS, should be your priority.
i dont want to have one or the other, i want to have both, and i want to be able to swtich or select them, acording to what i want  to do with my drone.
also some frame (framming) options to do nice footage with the follow me, track me mode. like i want to be able to frame, compose my shot, and then hit the smart flight mode and be able to mantain the composition, and still being able to flight with that smart mode.

Again, WIFI is for el cheapo drones.
Mavic range and smooth controls are a beauty, who cares about wifi, when you have a top notch control!!
2016-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Used it twice didn't like it , just showing it to other people.
2016-12-21
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Used it once to test how it worked but i can say i will never use it as its so easy just to fly with the controller and my mobile and the control of the drone feels more secure this way.
2016-12-21
Use props
Margleman
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have not used WiFi yet.  I'm a new 'pilot' so am taking my time to get comfortable with general flight and operations in beginner mode before expanding into more sophiscated modes and stickless flying with a phone or tablet.

First impressions of the Magic Pro = brilliant! brilliant! brilliant!
2016-12-21
Use props
hummermd
lvl.1
United States

I didn't like using the Parrot with smart phone, so haven't tried it with Mavic
2016-12-21
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I have trust issues.  With the DG4 app occasionally losing video feed/app connection through my RC, I'm even more concerned I'll lose control using JUST my phone.  I like the idea, but I need to be convinced it is reliable and can be trusted.

Also, MY preferred use for WiFi would be inside.  I'm concerned about the "automated" process of takeoff and how high it may go without me being able to introduce minor inputs to stop it from hitting something.  Perhaps I'll try it in the open and see if I can be more comfortable with it.

Finally, it IS inconvenient to switch to it.  It's not suitable for "a quick photo or flight" because it requires opening the door, flipping the switch, turning it on, connecting to the Mavic's WiFi and THEN starting the app.  I can just pull out my RC int hat amount of time.  Why can't it be linked via BT and just join the same WiFi network my phone is on automatically?  Or, for that matter, just fly using BT?  I know BT is not as strong, but a compromise would be to make the phone connect to it after startup.  At least that would cut down on the steps to make a "quick" flight.

I'm aware that several things I mentioned would not be available in the current Mavic due to hardware restrictions, but the next version could learn and grow from this one.

Gary
2016-12-21
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

Never tried it. Just feel like 'what's the use?' Also, I never fly it in the house.
2016-12-21
Use props
yanni
New

France

Not using it because follow me mode is not available and speed is too low. Would be great to be able to use the phone as a tracker like hexo+ or airdog to film moutain bike for example.
2016-12-22
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

Never used wifi mode as I felt wifi aren't as reliable as the ocusync and most importantly range are limited, plus I always have my remote control with me.
2016-12-22
Use props
ArgoniX
lvl.2

Italy

Never used probably never will. Worried about interference, rc suits my demands.
2016-12-22
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156040 ft
Switzerland

Hi DJI,

I use the WIFI mode rarely, because I prefer the better control of RC with the sticks and the bigger range OcuSync gives me. However, sometimes I do use the WIFI mode in order to do a quick test, transfer files and/or fly without RC (e.g. when the battery is empty or I forgot to take it). In any case, I think it is preferable to have both options and to keep them way into the future. Also, it would be great, if there were more easily accessible options to separate pilot from camera man. As in: 1 person flies the Mavic and the other controls the camera.

Greetings

Max / trickn0l0gy
2016-12-22
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

So there is your answer DJI Mavic development team. The consensus of opinion from real Mavic users is the WiFi flight function is a complete waste of time, unreliable, people cannot trust the link and pretty much a useless and redundant feature that you're wasting your time on.

How about something sensible and useful like switchable Atti mode?

Try a vote on that instead of pointless gimmicks nobody actually wants or will ever use!!
2016-12-22
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Not a fan of Wifi mode. Just not reliable enough and has insufficient range plus I don't like not having any real control sticks.  This is no reflection on the Mavic but just wifi as a means on control and/or video delivery.  I have flown other (non-DJI)  drones with Wifi and and it found it very flaky and the video unusable in many cases..
2016-12-22
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I Think tricknOLOgy has hit the only viable use for WiFi !    if a Wifi phone or tablet could be used by a second operator to control the gimballed cam,  and the front/down obstacle cams could be used by the pilot to view the basic flight FPV that would be TOTALLY awesome !   just like the Inspire 2 !   wow
+1  switchable  "ATTI Mode"   even if it was set by the  C2 button  would be great as an option.
2016-12-22
Use props
fans4a66c83d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1073701 ft
United States

Never got my Mavic Pro but paid
2016-12-22
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154423 ft
United States

Haven't used it, probably won't.  Like the joysticks.
2016-12-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's nice to have this option but I have not needed to use it so far. The remote is a better controlling device in my opinion and gives a better sense of control.

I have been flying a long time and using the remote is more natural. One more thing to note is the size of the remote is small which makes it easy to take everywhere the Mavic goes.

Rich
2016-12-22
Use props
fans58a31a09
New

Venezuela

I just tried it once but it is too limited and the virtual joysticks dis not show up easily so I dont think I will use it very much. It scares me to crash it. Dont feel comfortable nor safe. Ill stick to the RC
2016-12-22
Use props
fans58a31a09
New

Venezuela

Don't see my post. But I do not feel comfortable using WF and the controls are not reliable. Wont crash 11 100s. Ill stick to the sticks
2016-12-22
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Occusync goggles. Now that would appeal to me far more than WiFi.
2016-12-22
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

When do the first 100 voters receive their 100 points
2016-12-22
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

My biggest disappointment with wifi mode was that I can't use waypoints. I was really hoping to lay out some waypoints, start the sequence, then hide the phone in my pocket. That way I could be in a complex video shot by my own Mavic.

I don't even have to be able to make new routes! Obviously, there's no C1 and C2 button when you don't have the controller. Just let me play an old route that I already made when it was hooked up to the controller. Make tapping the middle of the phone screen pause the waypoint mission.

Another great addition would be a one-touch photo mode. Gesture mode doesn't work very well. Let me put the Mavic anywhere I want (even just 1 meter off the ground), then go into the one-touch photo mode. Pressing the screen anywhere (meaning you don't have to be looking at the phone to see a button, you can press anywhere on the screen) would take the picture. That way I can take great group selfies with the phone barely visible in my hand. I've seen videos of another drone that has this feature, and it looked awesome.
2016-12-22
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I personally feel having used it once now that while it's a very cool feature it's not going to get daily use, that's not to say I would not like to keep it, while it works for close in shots I'd like to see it perhaps coupled with the option for duel screen both being able to receive the wifi,  I don't believe the wifi option is any easyer than using the RC as you have made that so compact anyway, if it was P4 RC size then yea I think people may use it more BUT as the RC is so small it gives huge options already especially with the built in screen.   

While it's only going to have limited use I do feel it's still handy and could be a life saver if you run out of RC battery and want to get a quick shot.

But is a feature that I would specifically pay for ? I'm not sure I would tbh.  
2016-12-22
Use props
StanKC
lvl.1

Canada

If you can sell me a Mavic Pro for under $300, then I won't mind using Wifi.

I think on the low end toy market, Phantom 3 is serving that very well.  But once it start to cross the $500 mark, I don't think I'll trust Wifi at all.

That said, since a wifi chipset is there, instead of either or, how about both?  So if you are in range of Wifi, may be increase the bandwidth for video transmission from the aircarft?
2016-12-22
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Been an RC model aircraft flyer for 20 years and just feel more comfortable with a controller. Can't wait for CrystalSky so I can attach it to my Mavic Controller.
2016-12-22
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't trust wifi to control it and inconvenience has kept me from testing it.
2016-12-22
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

I feel that its not as safe to use Wifi mode. The controller has better capabilities. plus remote is a very nice size, so there isn't much inconvenience at all
2016-12-23
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Wifi mode doesn't work well with a non-fixed focus camera as you're trying to use the same screen to both select focus, but also to control the Mavic at the same time. It just doesn't work.
I'd prefer if DJI worked on a proper 'follow me' mode with gimbal tracking the phone/controller similar to the Hexo+ and Airdog. Whilst at it, incorportating the range of cinematic movements from the Hexo+ would also be a bonus. Eg. slid in, slide out, fly in (downwards), fly out (upwards)
2016-12-23
Use props
goldyren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158054 ft
Israel

I prefer the remote because it offers the range as well as all the dji go app features- personally I like all the features when flying a drone as it gives me options when taking pics or shooting video in addition to providing useful telemetry data/ status of craft..
2016-12-23
Use props
fanse2b377f5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1423609 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the stand alone Mavic with wifi control was available at a lower price point, below $500 lets say, then there would probably be a market segment that would purchase it.  The majority of Mavic buyers are use to operating with a RC type controller, and are therefore more confident with this type of control.  More important improvements would be foldable landing legs for more ground clearance, ability to hand catch, and more robust gimbal &a camera.
2016-12-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules