Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A Very Merry DJI Care Refresh Christmas Update
123Next >
26473 98 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

Very nice gift. And piece of mind. Thank you very much
2016-12-20
Use props
Rlivingston
lvl.2

United States

What would be the case if the Mavic dropped into a deeper body of water and could not be recovered?
2016-12-20
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you this is a nice enhancement to the Care Refresh cover.  Merry Christmas
2016-12-20
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-21 00:02
Yes, you are now covered for water damage.

This is great Ken but I just purchased this and received the DJI Care Refresh Email which states the following:

3. Exclusions

The service does not cover:

1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.

2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.

3) Damage caused by flight in unsuitable environments.

4) Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.

So am I covered for water damage? Or has this email text just not been updated yet?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-20 15:38
This is great Ken but I just purchased this and received the DJI Care Refresh Email which states the following:

3. Exclusions

It is not updated yet.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rlivingston Posted at 2016-12-20 13:33
What would be the case if the Mavic dropped into a deeper body of water and could not be recovered?

I'm pretty sure the aircraft needs to be sent in.
2016-12-20
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

Wow this is awesome especially since I will be doing a lot of flying over the Chesapeake and Choptank River!
2016-12-20
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

so if you end up having an aircraft fly away and sitting in the bottom of the lake or down the side of a cliff the refresh doesn't cover it?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ranen
DJI team
Flight distance : 191562 ft
China

Rlivingston Posted at 2016-12-21 04:33

You have to retrieve the drone to get coverage. One of the exceptions is that it doesn't cover lost aircraft.
2016-12-20
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ranen Posted at 2016-12-20 18:15
You have to retrieve the drone to get coverage. One of the exceptions is that it doesn't cover lost aircraft.

That sucks. I wouldn't have purchased if that was the case. My fault for not reading the fine print
2016-12-20
Use props
Zygote
lvl.2

United States

Merry Christmas DJI, thank you
2016-12-20
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

Vin829 Posted at 2016-12-20 22:13
That sucks. I wouldn't have purchased if that was the case. My fault for not reading the fine print

fine print??? there was no fine print, everything that the refresh covers is clearly stated on the main page of the web page for the refresh program. Instead of trying to act like dji is pulling a quick one on you with hiding information in fine print, why not just be happy that the "replacement" program now includes water damage.

Refresh is a relacement program, where you send a broken drone in and they replace/refresh it with a 100% working condition drone. It's not an anything goes insurance plan, they would lose money all day with scammers trying to get free drones by saying their drone is at the bottom of a lake.
2016-12-20
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

This is a brilliant addition to the refresh.

I have to laugh when people are STILL bashing DJI on the announcement of this change.    DJI didn't have to change this to now cover water damage, but they have. This change is going to cost them more money, but clearly something they feel is the right thing to offer for their customers.   (Granted, I thought it was stupid that it didn't cover it in the first place, but that's not the point)

Thanks DJI
2016-12-21
Use props
Peterg4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

That gives me confidence to take my precious machine where my imagination wants to go, but my fear has previously prevented. Thanks dji!
2016-12-21
Use props
JasonC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ranen Posted at 2016-12-20 13:43
You need to pay the additional charge still. We've edited the post, thanks.

Ok thanks for clarifying
2016-12-21
Use props
Icewave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 445804 ft
Italy

Hi Natalia, finally i receive my mavic, i'm very happy with this incredible product,  the build quality is excellent, and now this... that's icing on the cake. Thanks again!
2016-12-21
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-21 13:54
fine print??? there was no fine print, everything that the refresh covers is clearly stated on the main page of the web page for the refresh program. Instead of trying to act like dji is pulling a quick one on you with hiding information in fine print, why not just be happy that the "replacement" program now includes water damage.

Refresh is a relacement program, where you send a broken drone in and they replace/refresh it with a 100% working condition drone. It's not an anything goes insurance plan, they would lose money all day with scammers trying to get free drones by saying their drone is at the bottom of a lake.

Wow dude calm down. I fly in some pretty remote areas. If I have a Mavic fly away do to a fault in gps, or compass would have been nice to have that piece of mind it's covered. I am not trying to scam anyone or even thought about that. I'm a nervous wreck as it is when I fly and to lose a $1,000 toy over a systems fault would suck. Why don't you read above where I already thanked them for the extra coverage
2016-12-21
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Am I reading it right? I can actually buy dji care for an aircraft i already have, as long as i do the verification video? I have my P3A since april, no crashes or anything like that...  so I'd love to have the peace of mind!
2016-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job dji, happy Christmas to all dji staff..
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-12-22 06:12
Am I reading it right? I can actually buy dji care for an aircraft i already have, as long as i do the verification video? I have my P3A since april, no crashes or anything like that...  so I'd love to have the peace of mind!

"Want to purchase DJI Care Refresh, but your product has been activated over 48 hours? Click https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload to learn how."
2016-12-21
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2016-12-21 16:33
"Want to purchase DJI Care Refresh, but your product has been activated over 48 hours? Click https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload to learn how."

yes, i saw that link, just did not quite believe it... where do i read full terms of what is covered and not,m and under what circumstances? I assume batteries are not? Anyhow, that is very nice, now if there was a 20% discount on top of it... ;)
2016-12-21
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-12-21 17:12

The thing I'd be curious about is the one year coverage from activation, and that an aircraft is only eligible to DJI care refresh once. So, would the coverage be a full year from when you buy it? or a year from when the aircraft was first activated.

IMO It just would seem unfair to those who buy DJI care refresh, when they buy the drone, and are only eligible for one year of coverage and then can no longer renew, where someone who waits 8 months, then buys it, and gets a full year from that point bringing them way past their first year of flying.

My point is that if someone can purchase it for their first time 8 months after flying and get a full year of coverage from the time they purchase the service plan, why can someone not purchase again after 1 year? I don't really see the difference between the 2 scenarios.

Would like to hear from a DJI rep on this one.
2016-12-22
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-22 10:22
The thing I'd be curious about is the one year coverage from activation, and that an aircraft is only eligible to DJI care refresh once. So, would the coverage be a full year from when you buy it? or a year from when the aircraft was first activated.

IMO It just would seem unfair to those who buy DJI care refresh, when they buy the drone, and are only eligible for one year of coverage and then can no longer renew, where someone who waits 8 months, then buys it, and gets a full year from that point bringing them way past their first year of flying.

i agree it seems unfair.. i'd say they need to alter it, where say "it can be added up to the 2nd year of usage" so this way at most u got about 3 years coverage, but u can renew based on age of the drone, not number of renewals.
2016-12-22
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

So on the webpage it says "unlimited repairs" but then it mentions "sufficient funds". Also some people here mentioned a service fee for 1st and 2nd repair, yet, the site says all repairs are free....  I cannot find anything on the web that truly goes into detail on all the rules....... Also, is this program here to stay, or do i need to buy now? As I have my drone since april, I think parts of it r still under warranty, so i may consider waiting a bit longer before buying the plan.....
A link to not that much FAQ, but all the official rules of the program would be nice.... Sorry if I am just missing it in some obvious place....
2016-12-22
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-12-22 16:17
So on the webpage it says "unlimited repairs" but then it mentions "sufficient funds". Also some people here mentioned a service fee for 1st and 2nd repair, yet, the site says all repairs are free....  I cannot find anything on the web that truly goes into detail on all the rules....... Also, is this program here to stay, or do i need to buy now? As I have my drone since april, I think parts of it r still under warranty, so i may consider waiting a bit longer before buying the plan.....
A link to not that much FAQ, but all the official rules of the program would be nice.... Sorry if I am just missing it in some obvious place....

Not sure what drone you have but this post is about DJI care refresh, which is only available for Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, and Inspire 2 drones. Phantom 4 is eligible for DJi care a completely seperate support program.
2016-12-22
Use props
sbb
lvl.2
United States

Now I need to find the add-on that will keep it floating if it takes a dip...
2016-12-23
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is one of the best things you could do for the "care" plans! Soo Glad to hear this! I film lots of wakeboarding and fly over water all the time, so I will definitely be adding this when I decide to get my Phantom 4 Pro!
2016-12-23
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

sbb Posted at 2016-12-24 06:35

here ya go. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Mavi ... :g:G3IAAOSwEzxYVDzQ
2016-12-23
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-22 23:22
Not sure what drone you have but this post is about DJI care refresh, which is only available for Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, and Inspire 2 drones. Phantom 4 is eligible for DJi care a completely seperate support program.

it seems that the program is actually available for all drones, but the data on the webpage really stinks...  or i suck at searching.. I know i can full care for p3 advanced, for like $175, they talk about the whole video to prove the unit flies ok.. but they are very scarce about what exactly is covered, what are the limitations, and so on... buying it is easy.. that they made very available ;)
2016-12-23
Use props
fans78038e3b
New

South Korea

I live in Korea and just got mavic. i would like ti purchase refresh care,but the purchase link seems not working. The refresh service is  not available in south Korea? If it is, how can buy it?
2016-12-23
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-12-24 00:52
it seems that the program is actually available for all drones, but the data on the webpage really stinks...  or i suck at searching.. I know i can full care for p3 advanced, for like $175, they talk about the whole video to prove the unit flies ok.. but they are very scarce about what exactly is covered, what are the limitations, and so on... buying it is easy.. that they made very available ;)

There are 2 different service programs, similar but not the same. Phantom 3 advanced would be DJi Care, which is $175 usd and coverage of $800 usd. You send the drone in for repair and they deduct the service bill off your $800. Once the $800 coversge amount is used up your service plan is finished. You can send it in as many times as you want until the $800 amount has been used then you would have to pay out of pocket for any repairs.

Care refresh you get 2 replacements and you have to pay a fee for each replacement.

Both programs only last for 1 year.
2016-12-24
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

sbb Posted at 2016-12-23 17:35

Getterback.com
2016-12-24
Use props
K9rLJP00dIxO
New

United Kingdom

Anyone else encountered the problem of a Magic being activated more than 48 hours (never flown) but being refused the next step in purchasing Refresh?
2016-12-24
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
United States

K9rLJP00dIxO Posted at 2016-12-24 11:11
Anyone else encountered the problem of a Magic being activated more than 48 hours (never flown) but being refused the next step in purchasing Refresh?

Once the Mavic has been activated, the 48 hour time period starts, whether flown or not. If you have surpassed the 48 hour period you would have to send them a video that the drone is still working as new 100% to be able to purchase Care Refresh.
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

K9rLJP00dIxO Posted at 2016-12-25 00:11

Please send an e-mail to djicare@dji.com since it's activated more than 48 hours, our support will help you handle it.
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans78038e3b Posted at 2016-12-24 14:15
I live in Korea and just got mavic. i would like ti purchase refresh care,but the purchase link seems not working. The refresh service is  not available in south Korea? If it is, how can buy it?

Sorry the refresh service is not available in Korea recently, while you can buy it in other countries where it's available, then enjoy the service in that country.
2016-12-24
Use props
Tony S.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50883 ft
United States

Is DJI Care for Phantom 3 Advanced included having water damage coverage?
2016-12-26
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

nice update, thanks DJI
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tony S. Posted at 2016-12-27 00:11
Is DJI Care for Phantom 3 Advanced included having water damage coverage?

Sorry to tell you that DJI Care for P3A is not included having water damage coverage.
2016-12-26
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-24 07:48
There are 2 different service programs, similar but not the same. Phantom 3 advanced would be DJi Care, which is $175 usd and coverage of $800 usd. You send the drone in for repair and they deduct the service bill off your $800. Once the $800 coversge amount is used up your service plan is finished. You can send it in as many times as you want until the $800 amount has been used then you would have to pay out of pocket for any repairs.

Care refresh you get 2 replacements and you have to pay a fee for each replacement.

Thank you for explaining it so well - DJI should pay you. It still would be nice if DJI had a really good description of all of this, for each program, on their website.
2016-12-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules